[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old are you /vp/? Do you wish you could play a character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1490814103593.jpg (300KB, 1117x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1490814103593.jpg
300KB, 1117x1069px
How old are you /vp/? Do you wish you could play a character in-game that relfected you a little more, like, getting to play s a Hiker instead of a pre-teen kid?
>>
>Self-inserting
autism and a waste of digits
>>
>>33446675
what's the point of playing the game if you're not imagining/engaged with it in any way?
>>
>>33446666
No
Teens are fine
If GF try to change that we get designs like Nate
>>
>>33446688
imagining ≠ engaged
You can be engaged without self-inserting. Hell, you can be engaged with games that don't even have a protagonist.
>>
>>33446692
what if it was a customization character?
>>
>>33446666
I suppose you don't play Metroid because samus is a female.
You are not the center of the world, sometimes it's cool to follow the stories of people thare are NOT us
>>
>>33446707
Then I don´t mind as long as is not >19
That´s why I didn´t mention Calem
But I doubt customization remains in gen 8
>>
File: fuck outta here.png (54KB, 152x219px) Image search: [Google]
fuck outta here.png
54KB, 152x219px
>>33446666
>Self-inserting

>>33446688
>THE ONLY WAY TO BE ENGAGE IS TO SELF INSERT YOURSELF
Read a fucking book you anklebiter.
>>
No that's shit idea
We should play as a 11-18 Boy or Girl
With customization options
>>
All I'd like is to have a better haircut selection at the start.
>>
>>33446666
Pokemon is one of the few games where I would want to play as myself but since the character customization isn't great I just play as waifus
>>
>>33446666
I'm fine with playing a character that looked like an 11 year old version of me if I didn't get fat.

Childhood and youth push exploration. Adulthood has fewer mysteries.
>>
>>33446666
I'm 20 years old but I'm okay with playing as a child. The series is targeted towards them so it's make sense to have a child lead
>>
>>33446666
I self insert all the time.
In my current Black 2 playthrough Roxie and I have a thing going on.
>>
File: Role_playing.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Role_playing.png
7KB, 240x160px
>>33446666
No. Pokèmon is role-playing video game series.
>>
I'd like it if the protagonists were a bit older, in the 16-18 range, personally. I just feel it makes a bit more sense to go out into the world on a journey at that age. Probably why I like X and Y more than any other reason, really.
>>
File: Job.png (151KB, 480x354px) Image search: [Google]
Job.png
151KB, 480x354px
>>33448390
>Adulthood has fewer mysteries.

This is a fact. almost all of the Adults in Pokèmon Earth have jobs and have no time for such things.

It's better idea to start a Pokémon quest as a kid or pre-teen.
>>
File: Cynthia_past.jpg (53KB, 581x425px) Image search: [Google]
Cynthia_past.jpg
53KB, 581x425px
>>33448497
No, cause they'll already be half grow up and get jobs.

They won't have time to collect data for Pokédex.

For example: Cynthia
>>
29, I live with my parents and don't have a job.
I'd rather not self-insert.
>>
26 and I guess the Clerk from Gen V spilling his suitcase
>>
>>33446726
I never played a Metroid game so don't know if they do this, but at least give the character some character then. Don't just make him/her a blank face that stands there during event. Kind of like what the Zelda games started doing in the 3D games.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.