[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest /vp/, will you be mad if the switch game is a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

Be honest /vp/, will you be mad if the switch game is a kanto re-remake?
>>
>>33445853
It won't be a Kanto re-remake That'll come after the new game and Sinnoh remake
>>
>>33445853
I would be, yes.
>>
Yes, because the main game will still have Kantomon only and not make the related later gen mons available too and Sevii Islands probably won't return either.
>>
>>33445871
>That'll come after the new game and Sinnoh remake
After the new game, maybe, but you're stupid if you think Sinnoh will get remakes before Kanto gets them.

The reason is simple. The Kanto remakes are the oldest games in the series to not have been remade later on. Sinnoh came out after the Kanto remakes. This means Kanto re-remakes will come before Sinnoh remakes.
>>
>>33445853
New Pokémon > Re-shilling the same ones
>>
I want Kanto to be remade eventually with all the features we see in pokemon now, like the phys/spec split and mega evolutions. I'd be alright.

>>33445888
It makes more sense for Kanto to be remade before Sinnoh, yes. But the franchise is in the hands of people who continue to make very questionable decisions, so the retards could very well end up being right.
>>
>>33445888
You sure seem to know a lot about Gamefreak's future plans. How do you know all of this? Because surely you're not making wild, baseless assumptions about something that none of us could possibly know the answer to and passing it off as fact, right?
>>
>>33445871
Pokèmon Red and Blue won't be remake again.

Pokémon Yellow is up for debate.
>>
>>33445853
I don't have a Switch, so I don't care.
>>
>>33445853
Pokèmon Red and Blue won't be remake again.
Pokémon Yellow is your only hope on 1 generation remake.

I had enough of Kanto region anyway.
>>
>>33445911
Of course not, I know all of this because I'm not a fucking idiot.
>>
>>33445888
kek, do you actually believe this? you know all remakes have been in order, right? it went
>FR/LG (Gen 1) -> HG/SS (Gen 2) -> OR/AS (Gen 3)
so its safe to assume sinnoh's next, but you did some fucking mental gymnastics to think otherwise
>>
>>33445962
Not that guy. RS -> FRLG -> DP. If recognizing that is mental gymnastics to you, you have special needs.
>>
>>33445853
No, I'm kind of expecting it.
>>
File: don't_be_fooled_.png (134KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
don't_be_fooled_.png
134KB, 480x359px
>>33445892
I think Kanto remake remake lovers are idiots.

It's same region. Kanto.
>>
>>33445945
So you know for sure that they plan to do remakes of remakes? Even though we've never gotten to the point before where that's even a consideration, so we have no idea whether that's ever been their intention or not? And there are good reasons to make them, but also to skip them, so there's no reason to believe that they'll choose one or the other?

My point is you may be right, or you may be wrong, but nobody is a "fucking idiot" for disagreeing with you on this. The only "fucking idiot" is the one who says that he's right as if it's a fact despite our total lack of knowledge on the question.
>>
File: 1460566691227.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1460566691227.png
228KB, 358x408px
Not really, I'm kind of just expecting it at this point and would be really surprised if it doesn't happen, what with all the Gen 1 pandering they've done the past few years.
>>
I'm so fucking tired of Kanto Pokémon but they're inescapable at this point.
>>
>>33445853
No because it would mean we'd finally get few games without Kanto shilling after that

But first Switch game will be gen 8, new pokemon and new region, thats what always sells best
>>
>>33445853
Depends on how it's done anon. I hated in sun and moon that there were 2 hours of unskippable cutscenes every single new game. I hated how oras was stripped down rather than expanding upon the Gameboy originals. Heart gold and soul silver were perfect remakes fire red and leaf green were great but the sevi islands felt unfinished. If they made a Kanto remake and didn't add dumbshit but rather expanded the sevi islands and added and ability to travel through johto or alolah post game then I'd be estatic. At this point after wanting a console Pokémon game besides coliseum and xd for so long I don't even know if it'll be good the last Pokémon game I really enjoyed was black and white 2. Pokémon will make the switch sell gang busters it's what I've told my friends will get me to get one.I guess I've just kinda lost faith in the game play these days I still enjoy some of the designs but some newer Pokémon are also really round and have soft features which is fine for a few but eventually it makes them all just kinda blend they really should design Pokémon on all versions of the hardware to really get that feel of a Pokémon but I know that takes resources and time money etc so it's not feasible unless unpaid interns did it lol.
>tldr I'll get mad if the remake doesn't expand well upon the other remake of original if it is like how emerald>oras then internally be livid if it's like hgss>gs then I'll be estatic.
>>
>>33445853
Only if it's the first game or set of games on the system.
However, since that's extremely unlikely, I won't mind if it comes as part of Gen VIII after we get some new Pokemon and probably a new gimmick that will somehow be shilled into Kanto to make the most boring region slightly better.
>>
File: this is not okay.png (10KB, 240x301px) Image search: [Google]
this is not okay.png
10KB, 240x301px
>>33445853
>It's Brook
>Brook
>>
>>33446093
It's Brook, the water Pokemon trainer.

Don't you remember how much trouble his Shellder gave to new players, with its absurd defense and Clamp bullshit? Charmander was the hardest starter for a reason.
>>
>>33445853
Yes unless it includes pokemon from later generations, preferably in the whole game and not as postgame or anything like that. Gen 1 mons bore me.
>>
>>33446075

Yes. Game freak are not idiots.
They know better than that.
>>
>>33445853
Honestly, no. Well, not very. I replayed Leaf Green recently, and realized that seeing Kanto in full 3D, on the big screen, would be a pretty cool experience. Battling with some genwun favorites, it would be nice.

I would even go as far as to say, I'd probably be happy with it.
>>
No, Sounds great plus FrLg come before DP so they are the actual ones next on the list.

Best case scenario would be:
Kanto Remakes/Sequels with shitton of new evos,megas,forms,areas,johto postgame or sevii islands postgame

Dp Remakes with at least the BF not the laziness of ORAS
>>
>>33445886
>The Sevii Island project has started!
>>
yeah. I would rather have generation 8 first
>>
I think Kanto remakes are coming in 2021 for the 25th anniversary, just kind of makes the most sense to me
>>
>>33446483

That's pretty much case.
>>
>>33446505
Oh shit that would make sense.
>>
>>33446505
>I think Kanto remakes are coming in 2021 for the 25th anniversary, just kind of makes the most sense to me

It's not gonna happen, if Game freak don't remake Pokémon Yellow.

That's your only hope of seeing it happen.
>>
>>33446525
They wont remake Yellow because they will never release a single game anymore, its going to be a pair
>>
File: professor-oak-he-came_o_193425.jpg (60KB, 359x286px) Image search: [Google]
professor-oak-he-came_o_193425.jpg
60KB, 359x286px
>>33445871
>Sinnoh Remake
>>
>>33445853
Kanto is my favorite region with my favorite starters, as long as I get my mega stones then I am in
>>
>>33445962
Are you retarded? FRLG came out before DP.
>>
>>33445853
I don't really care i bought the switch already, so whatever it's out i'll buy it.
>>
Maybe they'll break the formula and release Kanto sequels as a new gen with new mons and places. A little bit for everyone.
>>
>>33445853
Kanto sequel based after Sun and Moon
>>
>>33445853
I don't own a Switch and I probably never will, so no.
>>
I'd like to see it get an upgrade so I wouldn't be mad, but there is a lot of room for improvement.
>>
File: 64616375_p0.png (1MB, 754x1064px) Image search: [Google]
64616375_p0.png
1MB, 754x1064px
>>33445853
Yes.
>>
>>33445962
Wh would make remakes of a remake? Sinnoh's next.
>>
I just want a third installment of gen 6
>>
>>33445853
Nah. Since it go HGSS and have both Kanto and other region to explore.
>>
>>33447425
Who would make remakes of Sinnoh? Unova's next.
>>
I would expect it being a kanto sequel than a remake
>>
File: 1364226969177.png (58KB, 231x236px) Image search: [Google]
1364226969177.png
58KB, 231x236px
>>33445853
Not at all, but I would expect it to be a new gen first. Wouldn't mind an inbetween gen, though. Although a Kanto sequel would be even better 2bh. Get that dex up to 230~, add some Kantonian forms, grab some mons that are uncommon elsewhere, and progress Team Rocket a bit more. Would be great, yo.
>>
I wouldn't be mad but they better fucking include Leaf as the female protag if they do.
>>
>more remakes

fuck off with this shit
>>
>>33448322
If it's sequels/a time jump she could be a professor/gym leader/e4/champ tho
>>
>>33448283
this. please gf do it i want to buy that switch but give me the ultimate reason to do it
>>
>>33446545
How bout Yellow/Dellow?
>>
>>33445853
No, I'd be glad. Only region without the special/physical split so far. Also the best Pokemon, no matter what contrarians on this board say.
>>
>>33445853
I would be kind of upset. Mostly because it has been proven that they can't do good remakes. Now I know someone will counter with HGSS, I will admit I am a bit biased in that I dislike johto so my opinion on HGSS is less about its quality as a remake and more just on my personal dislike of it in general.
>>
>>33445853
Not really. I didn't like Gen 1 much, but that's mostly just because it felt so clunky and unpolished, and it didn't really have much of a plot to keep me interested. A modern remake of them would be something I'd like though. I don't have a problem with the region itself, Kanto is fine.
>>
>>33447448
>2021
>After a few years of struggling with the new hardware, GF returns to the 3DS and revisits gen 6 with relative ease compared to a few sloppily-put-together switch games and retroactively makes Pokemon Z with new megas, towns, story and postgame
Not going to happen, but oh how I dream
>>
>>33445853
Yes and no.

Yes because kanto as a region has been revisited for at least 4 different gens so far and nothing is ever different.

No because considering the switches processing power I wouldn't mind playing a kanto game or any other pokemon game for that matter in a different perspective. I mean imagine viridian forest or viridian city seeming as vast as it was in the anime and looking as gorgeous as breath of the wild.
It would be shameful if they didn't really push the boundaries with the switch release. But my main guesses for it is some kind of pokemon stadium game as much as the thought gives me cancer
>>
>>33445853
>guees
>brook
>>
>>33445853
Yes!.I had enough Kanto.
Game freak needs to focus on new Pokémon and new regions.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.