[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people act like Diamond and Pearl are good? Why do people,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: DiaPer.png (83KB, 771x723px) Image search: [Google]
DiaPer.png
83KB, 771x723px
Why do people act like Diamond and Pearl are good? Why do people, when you say that Platinum is objectively superior, say 'Well they're the same game so Diamond/Pearl are still good'?
>>
>>33444879
I've never seen that reaction, I've always seen "Plat fixed DP" and such.
>>
Wow, that review's surprisingly spot on. Only parts I disagree with are the soundtrack and Cyrus being the best in the series. They're great, but I think BW outdid both.
>>
>>33444879
SAVING A LOT OF DATA....
>>
>>33445258
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>33444879
Who are these so-called "people"?
>>
Why the fuck did they have a fire type Elite 4 member when there weren't enough fire types to make up a team in DiaPer?
>>
>>33444879
I fully agree that Platinum improved upon DP a decent amount, but acting like there is night and day between the games has always been absurd. I suppose this mindset has come from people usually hailing Platinum as the best, which it is, and not really bothering to defend DP since it is outclassed.
Whenever I see someone put Pt in god tier, but DP in bad tier I can only assume they're bandwagoning retards.
>>
>>33444879
Why do people act like Diamond and Pearl are not good? These intense hive-mind hatred for those games weren't there prior to Sun and Moon. People used to praise DPPt as a whole for all of their pros, but now all you sad pathetic people do is moan and shitpost about their cons. Maybe if you actually replayed them without nitpicking at every single thing you'd see that they aren't that bad.

And no I'm not saying they're the best games ever, fuck off. But they are objectively better than the mouthshit that is constantly being thrown up in here for no reason.
>>
>>33445377
>wasting my time replaying ambien: the video game
No thanks.
>>
>>33445377
>weren't there prior to Sun and Moon
It was. You hadn't been looking for it.

After playing Platinum I never want to touch DP again.
>>
>>33444879
I remember being so hyped in 06/07 when they were leaking Munchlax, Weavile, Bonsly, & Mime Jr

By the time I had finished the game, I remember thinking it was too slow and grey. I was 11
>>33445258
Please God no
>>
>>33444879
People only think any Sinnoh or Hoenn game is good because of nostalgia. Not always, but a lot of times, it was their first region.
>>
I actually like d/p NECAUSE of how broken they are. It's like exploring an unfinished game - it feels like an adventure. I see it as more of a challenge than a flaw.
>>
>>33446595
Dumb baby
>>
I replayed both in a row recently and besides the Surf speed nothing was significantly faster and the only change I cared about otherwise was the bigger regional dex.
>>
Because they are.

If you want to see a shitty pair of games, look no further than Ruby & Sapphire, Black 1 & White 1 or X& Y.
>>
Although I love DP, I do agree that in hindsight they were pretty poor games.
I love the shit out of Sinnoh and all 3 games, DP was the first DS Pokemon game so at the time it seemed like the top shit even with it's flaws.
If you were dead set on only playing one Sinnoh game then the obvious choice is Platinum,
but I think everyone should still play these games the same way you would still play Silver along with Crystal.

Pokemon: 7/10
Region: 10/10
Story: 6/10
Extra Features: 7/10 (Sinnoh Underground is objectively the best extra content, but without people to link with it's a bit lacking)
Variety: 2/10
Music: 7/10
Battles: 2/10
Overall: 5.1/10
>>
You can't catch Arceus in Platinum, so at least DP have that going for them.
>>
>>33445244
>Cyrus being the best in the series
Out of curiosity, who do you think is better?
>>
>>33444879
Because they are OP. You don't need another reason.
>>
>>33447376
Please refer back to >>33445244 where he said BW outdid both
>>
>>33447186
Still older than 80% of /vp/
>>
>>33447376
Not him, but Ghetsis and Giovanni, probably. I acknowledge that Ghetsis is a cliche villain and Giovanni is bland but it's a lot better than "I'm going to one-up Maxie/Archie" Cyrus.
>>
>>33444879
I enjoyed Diamond immensely, it was the first game I'd played since Blue and I used an action replay so it wasn't exactly a grindfest. I see what this guy's issue is with them but people like them because the world felt 'comfy' and was fun to explore. I know some people don't like legendaries but the high number of them was also something I enjoyed.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.