[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you see the Pokémon franchise going by the year 2027

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

All jokes and memes aside, what can you realistically see happening to the franchise within the next ten years?

I can see us reaching post 1000 mons and being in Gen 9 or 10, but that's it. I see story becoming much more important to the game creators and at least one or two more gimmicks in terms of gameplay ala Pokéfusions, or armor, or something weird.
>>
>>33442814
X and Y remakes
>>
>>33442814
Based on current trends...
>so many battle gimmicks that battling becomes too complex to keep track of properly
>games are actually shit now
>fanbase is dying/dead
>pokemon eventually stops being a system seller due to lack of quality releases
>genwunner-type positions become extremely popular among the fanbase
>>
>>33442814
I think they will keep making new pokemon, that alot of the reason new gens are bought the most. I think we will reach 1000 in gen 9 for the 25th anniversary. We will reach a new multiple of 1000's every 25 years. 2000 on the 50th anniversary. With gimmicks, the switch is really powerful. They can make physical apperence gimmicks like armor and battle bond for all pokemon.
>>
>>33442814

>Poke synergy where pokemon can combine certain attacks into one super powerful one
>Sinnoh remake happened in 2019, which adds a ton to the backstory of Arceus as well.
>USM were softly received, but held us over until the switch game
>The first Switch game is based on China.
>Later game adds companion features online and offline.
>The main campaign adds a full heal option to your team if you are down to red life for maximum casualization. Doesn't take up a turn.
>There will be a box legend you don't even need to capture traditionally, but rather you just beat it, and it enters your team after an elaborate cutscene.
>Unova revisits happen, but instead of remakes will be 3rd games in aa gen 5 trilogy. The original dragon will make it's debut here.
>Walking pokemon return, but only select few can walk in the overworld.
>There will be connectivity between the main games and GO.
>The main stories will reach massive levels of cringe approaching levels you think they got their inspiration from a fanfic page.
>The start of the games will be bombarded with heavy story exposition and the usual tutorial for even the most obvious stuff.
>voice acting for all non playable characters.
>Voice actors for english will be TPCI's usual fare, since they're cheap.
>During normal dialogue sequences, characters will have a noise quirk that pops up. Example; whenever Oak speaks, he'll say hello, then the dialogue goes through.
>>
>>33442814
I could honestly see them going back in time, and doing some cool historical stuff. Expanding on the ORAS wormhole shit, mixed with Ultra Space and the Distortion World, and sending the player from, for example, "remake" Sinnoh to "original" Sinnoh. Other than that, I mean, there's plenty of regions to make, since they've got all of Earth at their disposal, and all they've done is 4 regions of Japan, NYC, Hawaii, and northern France.

But, really, as much as the lack of National Dex pissed off a lot of people in SuMo, it could become a regular thing to prevent the player from being overwhelmed by too many mons during regular play.
>>
>>33442980
I actually got excited at the prospect of voice acting, and was immediately heartbroken when your brought up how cheap it'd end up being.
>>
>>33442980
they made walking animations for all pokemon models
>>
File: shash.png (25KB, 110x84px) Image search: [Google]
shash.png
25KB, 110x84px
>>33442814
>>33442980

it is good to see how many people are optimistic about this franchise. I was expecting much darker predictions.
>>
>>33442814
Game freak force more on a closer bond between Pokèmon and Human.
>>
>>33442845
>so many battle gimmicks that battling becomes too complex to keep track of properly
Gimmicks a shit, but it will never be actual complex. Unless you're the kind of person that thinks ev and ivs are complex.
>fanbase is dying/dead
Nothing wrong here
>genwunner-type positions become extremely popular among the fanbase
For the billionth time, genwunners arent fans by definition, so that wont happen. We might have people saying the old games were better(like we do right now) but that's not what a genwunner is.
>>
>>33443191
Not them but even for all the shit it gets, pokemon is still overall a pretty damn good franchise. The anime is the only big hinder it has.
>>
>>33443316
OP here. I agree with this. I mean, all things considered, even the worst main series Pokémon games are amongst the best games that come out the years that they do. Pokémon is a heavy hitter game. It's stuck around this long for a reason.
>>
>>33443455
>even the worst main series Pokémon games are amongst the best games that come out the years that they do
they were probably the only games that you played those years as well
>>
>>33443455
SM was the only good new game I played in 2016
>>
>>33443191
Here's your darker prediction: The franchise will be dead in ten years.
>>
>>33443476
I mean, I play around 8-10 new games a year. But Pokémon mainline titles are always towards the top in years they come out.

Except maybe Gen 6, but I didn't really care for Gen 6 all that much.
>>
>>33443497
All they gotta do is put mainline games on mobile phones and it always stay relevant can't see Pokemon being for od
>>
>>33444003
what is then
>>
>>33443455
best game/best seller
Pokemon has a huge normalfag appeal, which is ok, I also love Pokemon, but I wouldn't put it in a category of best of anything.
>>
>>33444006
Dark souls 3

Persona 5 in japan released

Final fantasy xv and sun and moon. Most disappointing shit last year
>>
>>33444006
Dark Souls 3
>>
I honestly think that pokemon is dragon ball of the games, but still they should keep making good designs, storyline ect they can live another 50 years if they want, the series is already canon of the current young generation in japan
>>
>>33444018
>>33444016
Not my kind of game
>>
>>33444070
Ok but doesn't mean it's not a better rpg
>>
>>33444072
Everyone has different opinions
>>
>>33444104
Exactly but you can't have an opinion on games you haven't played

So your opinion is invalid
>>
dead
>>
banned in the west due to sexual depictions of minors with imaginary creatures
also, animated clay
>>
>>33442814
A region based on Australia,

I'd love to see Australia region to receive BW2 treatment with having the largest amount of new pokemon, and old pokemon being locked until postgame.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.