[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does it seem like Misty/Brock's return is more hyped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
I swear, /vp/ is the most anti-Misty or anti-original trio place of anywhere that discusses the pokemon anime online.

On Bulbagarden, Serebii, tumblr, various social media or anime/videogame websites...I see people "jumping for joy" and excited over Misty/Brock's return.

Yet on /vp/ most people in the anime thread don't care too much, and while some here are genuinely interested, a lot don't care much. I wonder why?

We even have some forum users here like FANG-TAN and a few others. Anyone care to explain?
>>
>>33435997
Because I didn't drop Pokémon 15 years ago and don't, thus, need to post "OMG MISTY IS BACK IN POKEMON AREN'T I A NERD LOL MUH CHILDHOOD" on social media to win imaginary points from internet people.

It's like when the press treated Pokémon GO like it was the first Pokémon game to be released since RBY.

These people don't give a shit about Pokémon; it's obvious when these same people will always refer to Pokémon in the past tense.
>>
>>33436067
This so much
>>
File: 1491699856350.png (240KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491699856350.png
240KB, 400x300px
>>33435997
Fuck off.
>>
File: varg-vikernes.png (888KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.png
888KB, 762x464px
Stop replying to Scott threads.
>>
Because this place is full of underage anti-genwunners.
>>
>>33435997
fuck off scott
>>
What are talking about. There's was like 20 threads about it

What do you want people to talk about.
>>
>>33436067
Fuck you. Don't lump everyone who likes Misty under the same normalfag umbrella. I've played the games dutifully for the past 17 years since G/S, and Misty and Brock's return was real hype because I thought they were gone for good.

>>33435997
1. They were either too young to really remember Misty and Brock. I'm not even being disparaging. That's a reasonable explanation for why they don't care.

2. Asshurt amourfags. Not speaking for all, but some of them expected Serena to make a reappearance.

3. Maybe they got over them. Brock, and especially Misty have been gone from the show for so long, maybe they're too numb on the idea of their return. Or they can't feel too excited because they aren't staying for long.
>>
>>33435997
Consider seeing a shrink Scott

You need it because your level of obsession with what a dozen or so random fuckwads on the internet think about two characters in a Chinese cartoon is reaching nuclear levels

You are badly fucked up in the head
>>
>>33436102
>>33436104

Stop replying to Scott threads.
>>
Cybercubed/Scott85, you are the worst shitposter on this board. Consider taking cyanide.
>>
>>33436104
Oh, fuck off. You're getting assblasted at a post that explicitly targetted normalfags who abandoned the franchise for 15+ years ago and are suddenly acting like they were fans this whole time because of a character they probably didn't even follow through the Johto seasons is returned for 2 episodes in a show they haven't watched since 1999.

You don't fit in that category? Congrats, then it wasn't directed at you.
>>
>>33436186
You idiot, listen to the other posters, stop bumping Scott threads.
>>
I'm excited and I've been following pokemon since pokemon existed.

I won't deny that it is a lot of nostalgia. People here, 4chan in general, believe that sentiment is illogical and irrational, manifested from an infinite number of different cases; however, they all collate into the same jadedness. They reject their youth because it validates their current worldview. Pokemon only necessitates a small amount of real world logic and that's probably the hardest thing for anybody here to stomach.

I recently rewatched the first season of pokemon, ending with Ash losing in the indigo plateau against Ritchie and it was a good time. Misty is a niche kind of endearing and I can see why people would dislike her but I can also understand why people adore her, I being a part of this group.
IMO, memes aside,
> Misty > Serena > Dawn > May
In the terms of Misty vs Serena, it's inherently subconscious like with every "best girl" war on /a/.

Brock is, (i would daresay) objectively, still the best 3rd wheel Ash has traveled with and he really only shone in the 1st, 3rd, 4th. He had depth but not enough to carry him onto the 5th and with 6, introducing Max as an attempt to revitalize him (and ultimately failing). I think with this return, we'll see some semblance of 1st couple seasons where Brock really came to his own.

I don't know how long they'll be in Alola but I hope for a long time since honestly, I'm getting a little tired of the current cast.
>>
>>33436226
Fuck off and stop replying to Scott threads.
>>
>>33436233
Hide the thread if it bothers you so much, you faggot.
>>
>>33436226
There going to kanto. Not misty and Brock going to alola
>>
>>33436226
>>33436186
>>33436245
>>33436248
are you idiots illiterate or retarded

quit bumping this thread, it was made by an autistic pedophile spammer
>>
>>33436254
The only person acting like a retard here is you. I don't know what the fuck the inside joke is about someone name scott is

But if people want to talk about brock and misty returning they can. You're the one who has most posts in this thread
>>
>>33436226
You place May last because of her chemistry with Ash?
>>
>>33436245
>>33436273
They're only trying to help you, you know. Every thread he makes is a troll thread designed to get you to waste time. He's been banned from more sites than I care to count for this very reason. This pathetic board, leddit and the anonymous ask sections on total nobodies' Tumblr blogs are the only places where he can still troll large numbers of people.

Proceed at your own risk. Don't say we didn't warn you.

>>33436273
He's not wrong and he's not the only person telling the rest of you this.
>>
>>33436280
It is kinda true. May's relationship with Ash was fairly flat. Dawn and Misty had a sibling like relationship, and Serena's crush, like it or not, made her relationship with Ash stand out. May and Ash just seemed like good friends in the most generic fashion.
>>
>>33436449
I'd say Ash/May started off good in the very beginning of Hoenn, but it was left behind after May got more into Contests and into her rivals Drew/Harley. One thing I like about it is May is one of the few main girls who seems to outgrow Ash and move out on her own. I kinda like the fact that May learned what she could from him and then became independent so she's not obsessed with him like some of the others.
>>
>>33436449
Ash was more like a tutor to May. Never really understood shipping with them. May/Drew makes more sense.
>>
>>33436459
But all the pokegirls, except Serena outgrew Ash.
>>
>>33435997
I never cared for misty and brock.
>>
>>33436471
This tbqh. In the end, Serena will get Da Ash, not because she's the best girl, but because she's the only one who won't find someone else, while all the others have/will.
>>
File: Advanced.jpg (15KB, 300x172px) Image search: [Google]
Advanced.jpg
15KB, 300x172px
>>33436067
This.
I always just think it's genwunners who only played RBY and only watched the first season of the anime making a huge deal out of Brock/Misty making guest appearances in the latest season.
Brock only left a few seasons back and most of Ash's old companions have had a few episodes in later seasons when they come to visit him, including Misty already. It's fun to see them in the new artstyle, but it's nothing new.
>>
Nobody cares your garbage aashnime
>>
>>33436623
Wrong. People who were also following along are making a big deal, and it's mainly because SM seemed so far removed from the rest of the series. And Misty hasn't made a non flashback appearance for 10 years.
>>
>>33436674
>Misty hasn't made a non flashback appearance for 10 years.
So what? It's just couple episodes dedicated to them. If people really followed along, they would have known that the anime does sometimes bring back old characters. They wouldn't have cared if it was May, Dawn, Iris, etc. because they don't give a shit about Pokemon past the first gen.

The majority of people who are making such a fuss about this are probably the same ones that bitched about the new movie not having Brock and Misty. The rest are the ones you described, but they're just that; a minority.
>>
>>33436124
>implying people who don't want kids are all shitposters
>>
Oh my God, it's not just Ash, they have autism faces too.
>>
>>33436067
Partially this.

I think it's nice to show Misty battle in the current animation direction since she was only a jobber when the writing was convenient to make her one and then there wasn't much emphasis on Pokemon battles aside Ash's in those days.

It's a welcome surprise, but Pokemon's growth and worldbuilding keeps me invested.
>>
>>33436067
>It's like when the press treated Pokémon GO like it was the first Pokémon game to be released since RBY.
Wow really? Lol
>What about the other Pokemon games?
>Press/normies: What other games?
>>
>>33435997
You know they'll be back for a bunch of episodes and then fuck off back to Kanto or whatever as usual right?
>>
>>33437405
We do, but a lot of the normie news posts don't seem aware it's just a two episode special.
>>
>>33435997
because we are not genwunners and nostalgiafags
>>
>>33435997
Because it's blatant appeal to nostalgia due to the 20th anniversary, and this shit board may be many things, but doesn't easily fall for these things.
Also is just a 2-episode cameo and then they'll fuck off again for who knows how long.
Also fuck you Scott.
>>
>>33436674
I think you mean XY was
>>
>>33435997
the average age on this board is 12
>>
THE ANIME HAS BEEN TRASH FOR 20 YEARS

YOU ARE AN UTTER FAGGOT IF YOU GIVE A SHIT ABOUT IT
>>
>>33437282
I'm curious if Ash will beat Misty in battle. They're going to do a Z-move Vs. Mega Evolution thing, but knowing the writers they might give Misty the victory.
>>
It's hard to care about it
>>
Didn't most people stop watching the show and talking about it?
>>
>>33435997
Im just annoyed there ripping appart canon and shitting on there characters.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.