[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ash BTFO'd Gary so hard that he quit being a trainer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Gary_Oak!.png (92KB, 310x233px) Image search: [Google]
Gary_Oak!.png
92KB, 310x233px
>Ash BTFO'd Gary so hard that he quit being a trainer and became a researcher instead

Why did they have to do this to him
>>
>>33432459
Made Gary realized that being a trainer is fruitless, and instead got a doctorate and is studying pokemon, while Ash is back in school.
>>
File: Million Dollar Man Gary Oak.jpg (70KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Million Dollar Man Gary Oak.jpg
70KB, 320x320px
>>33432459
Gary quit so he wouldn't become laughing stock like Ash. Smart move on his part desu.
>>
File: Gary.jpg (48KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
Gary.jpg
48KB, 500x442px
>>33432459
>Gary becomes a researcher after getting "BTFO"
>still has time to train an Electivire that promptly BTFO'd Ash's retarded rat
>>
>>33432969
>"train"
>He had to have gotten it in a trade to begin with
>Feeling proud of yourself for besting a NFE Pokemon
>>
File: 1429837653744.jpg (14KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
1429837653744.jpg
14KB, 251x241px
>>33432993
>implying Pikachu is physically incapable of beating anything with an evolutionary advantage to it
Are you fucking mental?
>>
>>33432969
Don't forget, He resurrected a Aerodactyl.
>>
>>33432459
>after several embarrassing defeats, Gary realizes this isn't the right job for him
>decides to become a Professor instead
>is good at it, will succeed his grandpa as the best Professor in the world
>after three times the losses Gary has had, Ash doesn't realize that being a trainer isn't for him
>will keep losing in the foreseeable future
>>
>>33433158
>steady improvement, gets to the finals, small accomplishment in battle frontier too
>time confirmed for standing still after he met ho-oh so he has literally infinite time to improve and it doesn't matter, if it's really his passion why would he quit
it's great gary found a thing he really loves but there's literally nothing wrong with not giving up something you like if time and money isn't an issue

also there's a difference between never even making it past the worst ash ever did and losing in the semifinals to two legendary pokemon
>>
>both Ash and Gary ended up as reject trainers in the anime who never won anything of worth
>Red and Green in the manga ended up as God tier trainers

Hmmm really makes me think
>>
>>33432993
a NFE pokemon that can go toe to toe with a legendary and KO two pseudos in a single battle
>>
>>33433356
This, I feel like Gary was having a case of boredom when he became a trainer, he wasn't focused on the dex, he just wanted strong Pokemon, not alot of them. He just wanted a minute of fame.
>>
>>33432459
>Gary got his doctorate and became a professor moving on with his life.
>Ash still busy losing league battles
>>
>>33433374
Normally, I'd give credit to the anime for the change. You'd expect random kids to come to terms with reality at some point and realize there are thousands of people doing the same thing as they are, we can't all be the best. But then I realize they did nothing with that plot point and interesting dynamic.
>>
File: 1480796438615.png (67KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
1480796438615.png
67KB, 228x228px
>Gary realizes Pokemon Master isn't a feasible goal and decides becomes someone successful like his Grandfather and lives a fulfilling life
>Ash is still chasing the impossible dream of Pokemon Master that he'll never accomplish in his existence as a perpetual 10-year-old who can't win a single non-filler league
>>
They both seem to be enjoying their lives. Ash clearly only cares about having fun adventures and set the nebulous goal of "Pokemon Master" so he'll always have an excuse to keep adventuring.
>>
File: 1476756037863.jpg (24KB, 180x254px) Image search: [Google]
1476756037863.jpg
24KB, 180x254px
>>33433356
>"time confirmed for standing still after he met ho-oh"
Wait what fucking theory did I miss?
>>
>>33433103
Wasn't that Ash? Gary only dug up literal pokemon shit
>>
File: 1504049091058.jpg (86KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1504049091058.jpg
86KB, 960x540px
>>33432459
>Gary becomes a respected scientist and marry all his former cheerleaders
>Ash has facial surgery to become uglier and goes back to school

Gee, poor Gary...
>>
>>33432459
>implying he isn't the better trainer
>implying he isn't more successful than burasto banned ash
>>
>>33434649
I consider them equal
>>
>>33433374
>Red and Blue in the actual games, meanwhile, both became Indigo League Champion, Blue became a gym leader, and ~7-12 years after these events they're now seen as living legends around the world
>>
>>33433990
Read the dex.
>BW: It possesses seven-colored wings. It is said that those who see Ho-Oh are promised an eternal happiness.
>B2W2: Its feathers are in seven colors. It is said that anyone seeing it is promised eternal happiness.
Ash's definition of "eternal happiness" is an eternal Pokémon journey. I think it was in M20, though I haven't seen it yet.

>inb4 fuck off Richard
Not him. I don't have images of all the dex entries. Although he's probably lurking this thread as I type.
>>
>>33435267
>those who see Ho-Oh are promised an eternal happiness.
I don't think Ash needed Ho-Oh for this, he is incapable of feeling negative emotions for more than a day
>>
>>33433374
Ash won the Battle Frontier and has saved the world countless times and he is also 10, same deal with Gary being a genius assistant researcher at the age of 10. Red and Green are 16+ years old and in the games are now in their twenties. Or what do you jerk your cock off because you are better at basic algebra than a 10-year old?
>>
>>33432459
Because he was an asshole
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.