[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't played Pokemon since Red and Blue, where do I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1503619582569.jpg (82KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
1503619582569.jpg
82KB, 600x444px
I haven't played Pokemon since Red and Blue, where do I start? Or should I wait until a new game comes out for the Switch?
>>
>>33431634
I would suggest X or Y because they're the first 3D games. ORAS is fine, especially since you never played Ruby or Sapphire.

Sun and Moon are fine games your first time, but if you don't like cutscenes and handholding, I wouldn't advise those ones.

Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver are some of the best games in the series, but they're harder to find, and usually expensive.
>>
>>33431634
I'd check out Heart Gold/Soul Silver. IMO it has the best chances of bringing you back 'in it' as someone who only played the originals.
>>
>>33431662
Don't listen to this faggot. Play emerald and then ORAS. You should also play BW and B2W2
>>
Play at least one version of each gen, you can go in order from 2 to 5, then if you really feel like playing more continue to 6 and 7

From 2 to 4 I recommend you to play the third versions (crystal, emerald, platinum), in 5, 6 and 7 you gotta chose one of each pair (bw, b2w2, xy, sm)

And for remakes just play one of FRLG and another one of HGSS, play them at the end
>>
>>33431711
>ORAS
found the hoennbaby
>>
>>33431634
Play the games from the start of the generation to get up to date with everything. Then either go back slowly through the gens to get used to less mechanics. Or just play any game you feel like, they're all pretty similar.
>>
literally doesn't matter
every game is designed to be someone's first Pokemon game
>>
GS are releasing on the 3DS Virtual Console soon. Play these and call it a day. The later games aren't really that good.
>>
>>33431790
quality bait there, here's your (you)
>>
>>33431711
>emerald AND then oras
a-anon thats like setting him up for sheer disappointment, oras is garbage and should be skipped, emerald was actually a finished game
>>
>>33431723
And?
>>
File: 1499882810553.jpg (63KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1499882810553.jpg
63KB, 604x604px
>>33431634
Crystal is some good shit fampai.
>>
>>33431634
You should probably just wait till the new game on the switch comes out in 2018. Unless you already have a 3DS I think it would be a waste to invest in a dead console.
>>
Emerald and/or Heart Gold/Soul Silver, maybe Platinum,then xy. I would also wait before playing sun/moon because of USUM.
>>
>>33431634
Play only the remakes/3rd versions. you can start with Emerald/FRLG for what remains of the old-style of play, or Platinum when they start to establish new standards
>>
>>33431711
>emerald
>b2w2

best advice so far.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.