[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you summarize the competitive metagame in each generation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: suspicious_person.png (296KB, 1041x490px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious_person.png
296KB, 1041x490px
How would you summarize the competitive metagame in each generation?

>Gen 1: Psychic wins gg no re
>Gen 2: Stallstallstallstallstallstall
>Gen 4: Skarmbliss on every team
>Gen 5: Weather wars

Don't know the other generations well enough to make anything up for them.
>>
>>33430350
Gen1: Psychic and Normal types + Wrap variations and other broken moves like sleep inducing ones, Amnesia, Hyper Beam etc.
Gen2: Snorlax and stall everywhere.
Gen3: Skarmbliss, TTar and other broken mons.
Gen4: Scizor, Stealth rock and other broken shits. Still the most balanced one.
Gen5: As you said weather wars + everything haveing a weather related ability being instantly viable
Gen6: Broken ass megas and Genies being unbanned from ubers
Gen7: Genies, Magearna, Stall, Cancer.
>>
>>33430390
>Gen3: Skarmbliss
Oh geeze, I thought Blissey was a gen 4 pokemon.

Shows how much I know.
>>
>>33430350
SHUT the FUCK UP you god damn nerd
I am seriously so sick of this shit
Everything on this board is lazy, uncreative bullshit like this thread that contributes nothing to board culture or discussion and only exists because people have nothing to talk about.
JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP
COMPETETIVE METAGAME IS NOT A THING
IT WILL NEVER BE A THING
NOBODY FUCKING CARES
DIE
>>
>>33430390
>Gen7: Genies, Magearna, Stall, Cancer.
I thought this was more about vgc. Because that looked pretty diversive for me.
>>
>>33430390
Blizzard was stupid good in Gen 1
>>
>>33430409
Dude, are you okay? Blissey is gen 2. You're probably talking about Chansey's pre evo, Happiny.
>>33430477
Nah, OU sucks as usual. VGC is as shit and centalised as is implied by their ruleset.
>>33430492
>etc.
Agreed. 90% accuracy and 30% freeze chance. Ice beam was useless. Not to mention it's impossible to thaw off unless you swap into a fire type move.
>>
>>33430521
>Blizzard had a 90% Accuracy and 30% chance to freeze
>mfw I never knew this

That would explain why every time I fought Blue's Venusaur my Blastoise would freeze it.
>>
>>33430409
If you can't identify every pokemon by their generation, you shouldn't be here.
>>
>>33430579
Ice as a type was also better offesively because Steel types weren't introduced yet and Fire types didn't resisted ice.

Gen 1 was the most unbalanced. Howver Wrap, Fire Spin, Clamp and bind were the best. You were trapped and unable to move while the opponent uses the 2-5 turn attack, basically infinite damage as long as you outspeed and you don't miss until you run out of PP.
>>
Was there any decent way to beat Psychic pokemon in Gen 1 besides using another Psychic pokemon?

I've been thinking about it and my ideas so far have been
>Explosion Electrode
>Hyperbeam Aerodactyl
>Pin Missile Jolteon
>>
>>33430579
Blizzard was only a 30% chance to freeze in Japanese Red and Green.
>>
>>33430983
Pin Missile Jolteon is your best bet. Outspeeds all Psychic types (ties with Mewtwo though), and can fire off Thunderbolts against Slowbro and Starmie. Pin Missile for everything else, and even gets x4 against the super-strong Exeggutor. The Abra line, Mr. Mime, and Jynx are frail enough to succumb to a Pin Missile or two if you get good rolls. Just be careful around the others, being Hypno, Mew, and Mewtwo.

Electrode's Explosion is the weakest in the game, and even though you outspeed, you might not get a KO without first using Screech.

Aerodactyl is just unreliable and you can't even get one 'till near-endgame anyway.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.