[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regardless of if following Pokemon are back, at least the camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3649.jpg (66KB, 755x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3649.jpg
66KB, 755x454px
Regardless of if following Pokemon are back, at least the camera angle is a little less top-down.
>>
File: IMG_3651.jpg (3MB, 3113x1870px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3651.jpg
3MB, 3113x1870px
SM version in the same location for reference,
>>
File: PicsArt_08-18-12.42.14.jpg (517KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_08-18-12.42.14.jpg
517KB, 2048x2048px
Muh aesthicaĺly appealling
>>
>>33430310
1 little step in the right direction never hurts
>>
File: 300px-Heahea_City_SM.png (92KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Heahea_City_SM.png
92KB, 300x180px
This is actually one of the things I want them to fix the most for USUM

The problem was that compared to XY and ORAS, they were way too zoomed in on our character instead of the world around us in a few cases, and that really limited the scope of what we could see in the overworld

Whenever they got rid of the top down perspective, it was perfect,especially since they let you see future locations in the distance in a few places, like in Heahea City, you can see Brooklet Hill and Wela Volcano looming ahead
It reminded me a bit of Mario Sunshine, where you can see other areas of Isle Delfino no matter what world you're in

I hope they give us some great sweeping shots of the region and surround ocean while we run along, thankfully it looks like they're off to a good start
>>
>>33430571
Same here anon. It just felt too cramped and restricted, like I was hunched over while playing even though I wasn't.
>>
File: 1499658128779.png (4MB, 2832x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1499658128779.png
4MB, 2832x1196px
I also love how much they improved the colors, especially the road and grass, it's looking much more vibrant and natural now since it felt a little washed out before

It looks like the jump from Diamond and Pearl to Platinum
>>
File: 1500781973023.jpg (253KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500781973023.jpg
253KB, 960x960px
Another comparison

Note that in the originals, you're interupped on your way up the hill by a cutscene with Kukui, and then it shifts to a side perspective as you walk up for that one scene only before going top down all times you come back

In USUM, you walk up the hill uninterrupted and the side angle remains the whole time, and it's a different angle than in SM, so hopefully that stays the whole game
>>
Yes I bought third versions/Sequels/Whatever this shit is for little enhancements like camera angles and better aesthetics not for real shit like post game or battle facilities
>>
>>33431145
Of course that stuff would make it a great game, but since XY I've always been into the aesthetics of the game, and SM really butchered the potential of the Alola region, because you have all these beautiful tropical locations and huge natural landmarks like ten carat hill or the the main mountainish bit with the waterfall around route 3 but you never see it because the camera is zoomed right in on you and the ground, so I'm happy to see that they seem to be showing more of the background in USUM
>>
File: Akaka_Falls_049L.jpg (25KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
Akaka_Falls_049L.jpg
25KB, 333x500px
>>33431193
That waterfall is something I really hope they fix
It's one of Hawaii's famous landmarks,
and then a backpacker in XY actually mentions it to hype us up,
and it exists in the game itself, and we cant see it for the simple reason that we're facing the wrong way

I wanna see my backwards waterfall GF
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.