[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else have their USUM hype completely dead? i've purchased

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: mime.jpg (22KB, 600x567px) Image search: [Google]
mime.jpg
22KB, 600x567px
anyone else have their USUM hype completely dead? i've purchased every main series pokemon game on day one for over ten years and USUM may be the first time I break that tradition. i'm hoping my mind is eventually changed, but there are too many good games coming out for me to have any interest in SM1.5 without any of the hype that came with a new generation
>>
what have they given us to get hyped about? nothing. 2 months left if they dont show anything worthwhile. i have no problem skipping games. so many good games coming in holidays
>>
I'm hype if only because there's a chance that it'll be better than SM, which left a bland aftertaste in my mouth (Admittedly, some of that was my fault due to the Pokemon I chose).

I'm optimistic for whatever improvements there may be and that's why I can't wait. Even something as small as move tutor moves or using Pokemon I now know I want to use a new adventure will make me happier.
>>
I was never hyped in the first place, sun and moon barely got me to buy it, but if it's the exact same shit in USUM then forget it
>>
They've shown fucking nothing to get hyped over unless orange dog gets you hard, and considering nobody gave a fuck or were annoyed that the dog was the only news we got in months.
Yeah hype is dead. Still buying it day 1 though.
>>
>>33427469
USUM hasn't shown enough interesting stuff for me to get hyped about, and SM was already pretty disappointing.

At this point, I'm looking forward to the Gold/Silver re-release more than these new Gen VII games.
>>
>>33427469
Can't wait to pirate it, but if it's actually good they can have some of my shekels
>>
I don't get hype for any games outside of the moments news actually comes out for them

That said USUM has already shown more to get me excited with the fucking photo mode than anything SM ever did
>>
The game is coming out in like three months and we've had like one trailer, and no information.

Hard to be hyped for something if they're trying to hide it that well. I fear it's going to be a dumpster fire.
>>
>we still have no idea what the changes are besides 2 new legendary forms and a fucking recolor

Might just skip these

All they need to do is put in that fossil pokemon park and I'm in
>>
>>33427469

I can't beleive how little they've shown. I hope it fucking gets buried from the lack of info and bombs.

It probably barely has any new content
>>
Think about this guys

We only have 2 months left and they have only showed us one thing recently.

You'd imagine it would be something to drum up hype right?

Lolnope, a fucking recolor pokemon, something that looks like it came from devientart.

If THAT is what they have that they think will get people excited, then I do not want to see what else they have.

Even then, it's all probably tiny, incredibly lazy changes
>>
>>33427486
you got info. chill.

>>33427494
Cover legends, that new feature are way better than Ash-Lycanroc

>>33427513
>im not hype, so it'll be trash
They'll sell just as well regardless

>>33427522
You're probably the same type of person that didnt find SM interesting because you looked at everything before the game released.
>>
If it's just going to be nearly the same as SM with a shit plot forced down your throat then I'll just emulate the game on Youtube
>>
Whoever is doing the marketing for these games should be fired. If these games are shit, they should be doing their best to make it look deceptively exciting anyways.
Instead it's so tight lipped it just gives the impression there's nothing to look forward to. I would take sweet lies over this silence.
>>
>>33427552
hi joe
>>
Nope, both have been pre-ordered and I'll get a Switch in December or January.
>>
>>33427564
16 replies and 15 posters. you are the same guy who quoted 4 people and defending this shit. no wonder you pre ordered. enjoy
>>
>>33427552
>You're probably the same type of person that didnt find SM interesting because you looked at everything before the game released

The difference between SM and USUM is that USUM is just another version of SM, so we need to know if the changes are substantial enough so we are not paying 40 dollars for the same game again

>They'll sell just as well regardless

Ad populum fallacy

>Cover legends, that new feature are way better than Ash-Lycanroc

Oh gee cover legends, it's not like we get new ones every game
>>
I'm very excited.
The less I know, the better.
I'll buy it simply because it's a Pokemon game.
>>
File: 1502658308374.png (291KB, 401x771px) Image search: [Google]
1502658308374.png
291KB, 401x771px
>>33427573
I literally just got here, senpai. It was 15 replies and 14 posters when I posted. Have a (You) for your troubles.
>>
>>33427469
I expect more blowback from these titles than any past pokemon game in the past. Think about it, its been nearly a decade since we've had a traditional 3rd game. If USM are just minor tweaks, I see many will be very underwhelmed.
>>
i know pokken dx will flop but dont think USUM will. mainline games will get people to buy it then again this is pokemon board. there will be people buying it for the sake it has pokemon in its namd
>>
>>33427601
Nah, the Pokémon fanbase (like many other fanbases) are stupid drones who will eat up and defend anything Nintendo does
>>
File: disappointed.jpg (38KB, 474x497px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed.jpg
38KB, 474x497px
>>33427612
>who will eat up and defend anything Nintendo does
>Pokémon
>Nintendo
>>
>>33427621
gamefreak, whatever

point still stands, licensed by Nintendo, nintendofags will defend it
>>
Remember how big of a tantrum the fans threw when black and white 2 we're announced? Remember how great they turned out?
>>
>>33427562
sup faggot.

>>33427580
>Pokemon selling well is Ad populum
No, that's just logic.

I also mentioned the photo feature, but
>If it's not what I wanna see, then its no news
Try again.

Perhaps you should learn to actually wait for news, rather than shitting up a board with retarded shit. Although its better than the furries here
>>
Yeah but that's probably a good thing. For instance, I recently picked up FFXV, and actually ended up enjoying it, solely because my expectations were so crushingly low.
>>
>>33427639
there was none. please stop false flaging everyone was expecting grey. the games being sequals was very pleasant surpise. the moment USUM was announced. hype was not
>>
after USUM dies quicker than sun and moon after release this board will be on life support if theres no new game announced in 2018. hope atleast mystery dungeon comes
>>
>>33427672
>all we will have left is the shitty SM anime

oh god this board will be even more cancer
>>
>>33427469
LITERALLY THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WE KNOW BETWEEN THESE AND REGULAR SUMO IS A U
>>
They didnt show anything that would even imply USUM has anything substantial

So far their only idea for marketing looks to be riding on memes (Hiker David, lol so funny XD), more Kanto pandering (Gym replica), more "smartphone apps" (make photos and decorate them), more z-moves (yaaaaay......) and few more badly designed forms (Necrozma, Lycanroc)

Whats more its pretty obvious by now that any fancy facility wont happen because both Tree and Royal are still there so they werent evn expanded and third, separate battle faclity with BP in the same region just wont happen
>>
>TFW the only thing I need to know is n it to buy it is Fossilmon park
>TFW they most likely won't even have that in there

Defenders of this garbage can you explain why I should buy this? Are a few new forms, a couple new Z moves and an enhanced camera setting really worth 40 dollars
>>
>>33427730
>>TFW the only thing I need to know is n it to buy it is Fossilmon park

I feel like people overhype way too much the whole idea of this park. Dont expect anything fancy, if anything it would be just few patches of grass with wild fossil-mons
>>
>>33427730
muh pokemon... buy it because its pokemon. muh childhood. thats all they say. quality doesnt matter to
>>
>things that can easily be put in with an update are being sold as new games

If this sells well then this will be the new trend in Pokemon
>>
>>33427580
>The difference between SM and USUM is that USUM is just another version of SM, so we need to know if the changes are substantial enough so we are not paying 40 dollars for the same game again
You complained about the same thing for ORAS though.
>>
This is one of those discussions that really shows how the majority of /vp/ is around 14.

A lack of info for third versions/sequels is very typical, unlike new generations or remakes, the bulk of the game is based on something we already have, so there's less for them to show. That doesn't mean it's going to be a lazy cash grab (although it might be) it could still have as many changes and new additions as Black/White 2 had, but its still mostly the same map, with the same Pokemon, etc, and there's still almost 3 months before a big holiday release. They'll start beating the hype drum louder very soon and you'll all be creaming your pants again before long.
>>
File: 30a.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
30a.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>33427498
>shekels
>>
>>33428126
no gamefreak these are my shekels
>>
>SM get spoiled as shit because of all the new shit
>USUM doesn't

Honestly, I'm so un-hyped, I barely even come in here.
>>
Just download it for free, god fucking dammit. You have no excuse
>>
>>33428126
Check the first update for BW2 after the reveal: New cities and towns, new gyms, new gym leaders, how region changed, look at some of new features

USUM: lycanroc recolor, more kanto pandering, starters,ryuki and kahili,one new area that looks like Ultra Space for Kartana so basically another short corridor. Oh and photo club! How exciting
>>
>>33427469
They haven't shown anything to be hyped about. Perhaps because we got a shit ton of info with the SM pre-release. Practically saw all the new Pokemon. Perhaps they are saving it for release, or maybe they don't have actually anything new in it
>>
>>33427469
Pkmn is dead, lol i'm more hyped to Digimon hackers memory then shitty usum
>>
>>33427552
Ten shekels have been deposited in your account.
>>
>>33428477
>Perhaps they are saving it for release
That wouldnt make any sense

SM (as well as ORAS and XY) were this successful saleswise because they've shown so much and "third games" need that info way more than main games or remakes because they're mostly rehash games. GF doesnt show much because they dont have much, simple as that
>>
File: 1488063488313m.jpg (145KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488063488313m.jpg
145KB, 1024x1024px
My pokemans dark ages were long ago im in for the ride no matter what happens
>>
>>33428493
This
I don't even need to know much about each new gen, I just look at the final starter evos to see which one I want and that is it

Like, I know it's going to be a new region, a new story with new pokemon. And that alone is worth the money

However with this we know it's going to be a lot like the games we just played so we NEED that info on what is different to show us that it is worth the price tag
>>
>>33427498
Another Israeli here, whohoo
What reigon do you use in your 3DS? I use Alberta
>>
At this point it's one of a few things.

> Gamefreak's new marketing team is pants on head retarded
> They have nothing really new and exciting to show
> Some big/cool shit they want to save for the last sprint before release

I think this is especially weird seeing the attention B2/W2 got. The new director mentioning more new features he could not talk about. It feels more bizarre than anything really. I don't get it. They should be hyping the fuck out of these games.
>>
>>33427498
/thread
>>
>>33427469
USM are probably going to be as good or better than BW2, but so far we don't have any info so my hype levels are probably lower than they should be
>>
>>33427494
>hype is dead
>will buy day 1

holy fuck you are the cancer that allows Gamefreak to shit all over the IP through lazy shoddy bullshit because sweaty cucks like you get fucking hard standing in a queue day 1 to buy a shit game. Get a fucking life and stop letting companies shit in your mouth.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.