[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone give me a rundown on the OST differences between the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Can anyone give me a rundown on the OST differences between the Japanese and American versions of the first seasons of the anime? I'm aware that the OP, ED and other songs were obviously changed, but what about the actual soundtrack?

Listening to some of the soundtrack on Youtube, some of them I don't remember as a kid. And now watching the japanese version, either the placement is off, or I don't remember these tracks at all. Was the american soundtrack completely different? Was it the same as the Japanese? Did it share some of the japanese tracks with some original ones? If it's the last option, what about the placement? Is my memory just utter shit?

(would post on /padt/ but they're not interested in this type of shit)
>>
>>33423455
Much of the original music is replaced with original (and not very good) background music. This happens in basically every season. Not every single piece is replaced, but probably upwards of 75% of it. Why? I have no idea.

I honesty don't mind the dub too much, except for this one thing. It's really annoying and I've never understood why they do it.
>>
>>33423508
Ah, figured that was the case. I've had some tunes stuck in my head since childhood and I could never find them on Youtube, probably because they were unreleased. For instance, episode #13, the lighthouse one with the giant Dragonite. When Team Rocket is attacking it, both the american and japanese version share the same OST, but when Dragonite is leaving, the american version has a sad tune playing whilst the japanese one is completely silent with Dragonite's cry and the crashing waves taking its place. Just one example.

Anyway, thanks for the help, anon.
>>
>>33423527
Yeah, that's what they do. It's a shame, because a lot of the original Japanese music is adapted from the game music, which is pretty cool to hear. Like I said, it's the one thing about the dub that really bothers me.

I've heard people speculate that they replace the music because of rights issues, but that doesn't make sense to me. Often at the beginning of new generations the dub tends to leave the original music alone a bit more (probably because they haven't composed all of their new stuff yet), so they clearly have the rights to it. I think they honesty just like their own music better.
>>
>>33423577
The American dub is the basis of all dubs worldwide, so they jew royalty money out of the other countries by composing their own tracks.
>>
>>33423455
I just realized that out of all the childhood anime that I watched, Pokemon was the only one that actually kept a good deal of the original music, the first season anyway.
>>
>>33423577
Wait, you mean they STILL do it today? I thought they only did it back in the earlier seasons. You know, part of bad dub practices from back in the day like Funimation replacing DBZ's soundtrack entirely.
>>
>>33423607
That actually makes sense, though you probably could have made the point without being a /pol/tard.
>>
>>33423620
With the caveat that I can't speak for Sun/Moon because it's unwatchable garbage, yes, they still do it. Maybe a tiny bit less than in the past, but still.
>>
I can understand why it might be bugging some but I think the US soundtrack and the Japanese soundtrack just try to appeal to different viewer bases. I don't prefer one or the other but I personally think you can in certain scenes see that there are culturally specific conventions regarding OSTs
>>
>>33423629
Just get the fuck out if standard 4chan vocabulary still upsets you
>>
>>33423629
>getting bootybothered by established terminology like jewing for greedy practices
Do you complain about people saying "gypped" and "niggardly" too?
>>
>>33423649
Nah, I'll just call it out when I see it, you can decide how much you care, and we'll both go about our days.

>>33423658
I think it's equally idiotic, yes.
>>
>>33423629
Its funny because the CEO and composers of the 2 companies notorious for dubbing and changing the BGM of anime were Jewish. Haim Saban, Shuki Levy and Norman J Grossfeld. So in fact, that word is completely accurate even if you take it literally!

Faggot.
>>
>>33423649
>/pol/ memes
>standard 4chan vocabulary
Nice delusion mate
>>
>>33423455
>(would post on /padt/ but they're not interested in this type of shit)
They literally have a pastebin to a series of music rips in the OP.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.