[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ignoring animation, does anyone feel like the series had a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: ash.jpg (48KB, 620x480px) Image search: [Google]
ash.jpg
48KB, 620x480px
Ignoring animation, does anyone feel like the series had a lot more heart put into it at the start? Characters feel like people, Ash actually develops, there's subtlety and nuance.

I don't think it's nostalgia either, I believe XY and Sinnoh were a lot better written than the first season, but the first one just has a lot more charm to it. The latter seasons feel like they're just following a checklist of bullet points.
>>
>>33421679
The first season of the anime was allowed to experiment and branch out and just go with the flow because no one thought it was going to run very long. Now, they kinda have to go by the numbers and check off those bullet points.
>>
>>33421679
and here we go, another thread of the same shit, back to the anime contender thread faggot
>>
>>33421702
But this one is not about the art style being different.
>>
>>33421679
> I believe XY and Sinnoh were a lot better written
both are garbage lmao
>>
>>33421702
Anime contender thread? Wait, is there a thread about a Pokemonized version of On The Waterfront?
>>
File: wy.jpg (423KB, 1500x826px) Image search: [Google]
wy.jpg
423KB, 1500x826px
Seriously tho, how do you go from THIS to THAT?
>>
Yes

The first season has a lot of heart and soul in it, along with being varied as fuck.
>>
>>33421732
No money, yokai watch killed pokemon
>>
>>33421679
I guess my thing is I've never been a huge fan of the show. I remember really liking the movies, but I would usually turn off the show unless it was an important episode like a gym battle. I think in the end the games were always much more appealing to me. Maybe if Ash didn't reset every generation and act like a dumbass I'd enjoy it more.

I'd much rather watch Ash become a champion in Kanto, move onto a new character for the next generations and maybe have Ash come back as someone the new character has to fight. But at that point, you might as well have used Red and then moved onto Ethan/Gold
>>
>>33421679
>subtlety and nuance
Opinion discarded
>>
>>33421679
>Ash Develops

Sure most of the generations seemed to have one part where Ash overcame something, but it doesn't matter since he acts like he forgot everything each generation.
>>
>>33421679
>I believe XY

xy is fan fic tier garbage
>>
>>33421931
What you wanted is pretty much what the manga does.
>>
>>33421732
I think the SM anime looks hideous, but why are you comparing an important shot from a movie to a throwaway frame from some who-gives-a-fuck episode?
>>
>>33421972
But OP was talking about the start of the series. Development in the first "season" or whatever is going to have more weight, at least at the time, because you aren't going into it expecting Ash to turn back into a retard in a couple years, and you aren't coming off from him having done just that not long ago.
>>
>>33421679
>does anyone feel like the series had a lot more heart put into it at the start?
>I don't think it's nostalgia either, I believe XY and Sinnoh were a lot better written than the first season, but the first one just has a lot more charm to it. The latter seasons feel like they're just following a checklist of bullet points.

Hmm, i wonder why...
>First season: Hey guys, we got this job for an anime about this game called pokemon, since it's a new franchise you get a lot of liberties about what you can do to the series, so just be as creative as you can and have fun!
>Now: Ok guys, we need to make a new season for the new generation of pokemon, we need to have an episode showcasing this and this, also remember, you cannot do this and this, oh i almost forgot, we got some studies about what kids found entertaining so we're gonna try to focus on this and this.
>>
Yes. In the original series they felt like actual characters. In the newer series they feel like overly sanitized cardboard cutouts that are always happy and inoffensive about everything.

When was the last time Ash had bantz like this in any of the newer series?

https://youtu.be/1g7p8thjjeM?t=24
>>
>>33422970
>In the newer series they feel like overly sanitized cardboard cutouts that are always happy and inoffensive about everything.
They can't afford to have a personality or else /padt/ will feel it's too complex.
>>
test
>>
>>33421679
Original writer for the Pokemon anime died somewhere around the Johto saga.
>>
I mean yeah. This was before the show became a cyclical commercial for the games and toys.
>>
>>33423435
>anime's a commercial
How are the games different?
>>
>>33423858
Look yokai watch became popular because the anime not the games
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.