[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Huh duh, the walking and running animations are for Pokefinder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: NECROZMA.jpg (15KB, 136x151px) Image search: [Google]
NECROZMA.jpg
15KB, 136x151px
>Huh duh, the walking and running animations are for Pokefinder

Yeah of course. They went through the effort of making walking and running animation for every single Pokemon and form, just for the fucking Pokefinder.

Yeah of course, they even created detailed start-up animations like Mega Kangaskhan picking up her baby and putting it on her shoulder just for the fucking Pokefinder, you are correct you fucking genius.

I can't wait to photograph Black Kyurem and watch its incredibly detailed animations in the fucking Pokefinder.
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (51KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
51KB, 601x508px
>>33420777
>W-walking p-pokemon is c-c-coming b-back *sniff*
>>
>>33420787
Except I don't think its coming back you fucking troglodyte. Why would they give Megas walking animations too you fucking retard?! Congratulations on coming to the conclusion that me saying they aren't for the Pokefinder means that I think walking Pokemon is coming back.

Dumb cunt.
>>
How assmad will you be when it turns out those animations are only used in that photo studio?
>>
>>33420797
lol what did you expect when you made this useless thread? really, what was your intention?
>>
>>33420797
Kek, I can just imagine the increasing tomato face and the furious keyboard strokes from this.
>>
>>33420797
To prevent the game from braking when little Jimmy hacks in a mega
>>
>>33420879
You think they'd make literally over 100 times the animations they actually need just so hackers don't break the game? Something that literally isn't possible without editing the game?

Are you being serious with me right now?
>>
>>33420879
you're a fucking bellend the game wouldn't break as the animation would be missing, it would tpose if anything
>>
gamefreak got creatures to make them and they were probably given no further information than

>we need these animations
>>
>>33420890
>There are 100 times more mega pokemon than non mega pokemon
>>
File: ndsa.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ndsa.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>33420777
>>
>>33420931
Wait, so creatures creates Pokemon models for GF? What about human models?
>>
IT'S CALLED FUTURE PROOFING FOR FUTURE GAMES !
>>
>>33421252
Are you fucking retarded? How many Pokemon appear in the Pokefinder? Like 50? The rest of the models aren't needed. Comprehendo friendo?
>>
The animations are for the switch, a platform that can actually handle walking Pokemon. Screen cap this if you want
>>
>>33421547
I agree with you that they are going to be saved for the Switch, but I disagree that the 3DS couldn't handle it. Gamefreak are just incompetent morons.
>>
>>33421680
>Game freak are just incompetent morons.

No. Actually, It's you who are incompetent morons for excepting things that Game freak haven't even officially confirm.

Such as walking with Pokémon and other features.

You can't just say something in the game without evidence proving it to be in the games.
>>
>>33421680
The 3DS couldn't handle that feature with the high-poly Pokemon models.
It's not a matter of GF being shit at programing. The 3ds is a pretty weak system, just play MH Stories demo and you'll realize GF actually handled the optimisation of the game not that badly (Expect in battle with there high-poly models that are not fit for it), while MHS has the shittiest draw distance I've ever seen on a 3ds game, character model didn't charge fully until I was litterally next to them and the whole game is laggy as shit, not just the battles.
I'm not a GF shill, but fuck, the "GF is shit at everything" meme is getting annoying
>>
>>33421861
You think adding a single extra Pokemon model to the overworld would cause the game to lag despite the overworld not lagging at all?

Even when festival plaza has a bunch of player character models and doesn't lag at all?

Really?
>>
It's more likely they had planned some use for them, like putting them in the upgraded Pokemon-amie, but ultimately scrapped the idea.
>>
>>33421879
Overworld models are low poly as fuck, and a lots of assets are just 2d textures, it's really light for the console, but I'm pretty sure charging a whole battle model in there would cause the 3DS to lag, just look at the mess that is Pokefinder.
Player models in battle, cutscenes, and in overworld does have the same polygon number, they're all different models. For other examples, PokeRide Tauros and In Battle Tauros are not the same, while PokeRide Tauros as a really low polygon number, In battle Tauros is way more detailed and has a way bigger poly count. Same for things like "overworld Rockruff" model, and in battle Rockruff
>>
>>33421925
> like putting them in the upgraded Pokemon-amie

See, out of the all the dumb explanations people like to use, this one I could actually see being legit. Good job.

Maybe for one of the mini-games or something, like a racing game.
>>
>>33421938

Anon.. you realize that there were walking animations for the battle models AND the overworld models, right?
>>
>>33421964
>>33421938

Link to Kazowar's tweet (The guy who found all the models. The video he made only shows the battle models, but on his twitter he showed the low poly bulbasaur model walking and confirmed that all of the low poly ones can walk and run)

https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/805738569071464448
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-30+at+06.01.40).jpg (146KB, 498x747px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-30+at+06.01.40).jpg
146KB, 498x747px
>>33421964
I'm pretty sure that not every Pokemon has overworld models
>>
>>33421996
Kazowar says they do. If you don't believe him (Which I do, because he has literally no reason to lie) then you can take that up with him.
>>
>>33420777
It’s for the picture feature in UMUS. You must have done poorly with instructions in school.
>>
>>33422019
Where did they show an option to use the low poly overworld models in the picture feature?

>>33421996
Bulbasaur isn't there, which was the one overworld model Kazowar showed off, so that obviously isn't complete genius.
>>
>>33422014
I replied at the same time as this anon >>33421990
My bad
>>
>>33421996
Yes they do but they don't have UV maps. The ones in game do, however. Google helps, honestly.
>>
>>33420777
We will know when the game come out.
>>
>>33422110
Not that anon, but I'm curious. What are UV maps? And would some of them not having them prevent walking mons?
>>
>>33420890
Well, they had ??? Arceus a while back.
>>
>>33421938
Maybe I'm idiot but how you know which models are low if the game is not officially released?
>>
>>33422139
Yes, a single form that probably took 10 minutes to make.

Not exactly comparable to the almost 1000 models and animations they made when the Pokefinder only uses about 50.
>>
>>33422143
Anon... Don't try be wise here, they are issued
>>
>>33422143
Because I was talking about SM anon
>>
>>33422143
Anon?! U okay pal? Sm came out almost a year ago now. You been livin under a rock?
>>
>>33422165
But it's not USUM, you have no access to the game files yet, this discussion about low and high is shit, we need wait
>>
>>33422179
You are a fucking retard dude. The low poly overworld models and walking/running animations are Sun and Moon. We can see that they're low poly because we have access to them now.

I have literally no idea how you've misunderstood this you absolute retard.
>>
>>33422192
>>33422169
All this discussion is based on SM files and rockruff ect. this is bait or something?
>>
>>33422179
GF won't add much in the game data with USUM, the models and animation found in SM will still be in there, why would they change it or add anything beside animation for new models (Ultra Solgaleo/Lunala, Ash Pikachu, Dusk Lycanroc etc).
They don't need to reinvent the wheel while making USUM, they have already all the assets ready from SM
>>
>>33422208
The only one baiting here is you, fuck off. I refuse to believe you're actually being serious and somehow misunderstand this. Fuck off, or read the full thread and come back when you actually understand what we're talking about, okay kid?
>>
>>33422219
You have USUM game files?
>>
>>33422227
Okay, so you're just an idiot then. No point bothering with you, the adults are having a discussion.
>>
>>33422227
You have any idea how developping what is basically a game extension works ?
It's still the same fucking engine, game files will be the same as SM with added features, no need to change how the models work in game
>>
>>33422227
Jesus fucking christ. WE AREN'T TALKING ABOUT ULTRA S AND M YOU FUCKING DUMB CHILD. We're talking about if Sun and Moon could've handled the low poly overworld models without lagging.

Comprehendo friendo?

Do you understand now?
>>
>>33422233
>>33422243
>>33422246
Don't even bother arguing with him, he's clearly baiting.
>>
>>33422233
K-k P-peter Pan
>>
>>33422290
Blocked
>>
>>33422246
Ong you are so stupid... You discuss about SM but how does that mean that USUM is the same?
>>
File: retard.jpg-large.jpg (44KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg-large.jpg
44KB, 400x551px
>>33422308
The only one who brought up Ultra SM was you.
We weren't talking about it you fucking moron.
>>
>>33422319

BUT SM WILL NOT GET ANY FUCKING PATCH

You are mentally issued or what? USUM is current game and we know shit how it will be able to handle things, they did magic with RBY and GSC
>>
File: Bullshit from (You).jpg (110KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit from (You).jpg
110KB, 1200x675px
>>33422325
Nah thats it, I'm done. Theres no way in this dimension that you are actually this fucking retarded. Why do continuously misunderstand what we're talking about? No one said anything about a patch, or the game getting any more content. Do you have autism by any chance. And not the meme autism, but actual high functioning autism?

Here's the last (You) I'm giving you, I can't be bothered to explain anything else to you. Goodbye and i hope you neck yourself.
>>
>>33422340

but I'm literally answering your arguments against low poly models in the game, we don't know shit, so you can't tell...FOR SURE that they won't do any compression or other magical things with that
>>
>>33422368

He's just mad because his shitting lost meaning
>>
HOLY SHIT, THEY JUST SHOWED OFF NO MORE HEROES 3, HAHA HOLY FUCK YES, SCREW POKEMON, THIS IS WHERE ITS AT
>>
File: 1498601594772.jpg (40KB, 470x334px) Image search: [Google]
1498601594772.jpg
40KB, 470x334px
>>33422480
>>
>>33422511
YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE, NO MORE HEORES 1 WAS THE BEST GAME ON THE WII BAR NONE, AND 2 IS TOP 30 AT LEAST
>>
>>33422523
>>>/v/
>>
>>33422130
They're basically a map which displays the faces of the model to put the texture on. I don't know if the overworld models are compatible with the normal in battle textures but most of the pokemon don't have compatible textures for the overworld models
>>
>>33422325
RBY and GSC are two different generation with different "engine" since Iwata had to re-program the game so it doesn't take so much space one the cartridge
SM and USUM are the same generation, so the engine will stay the same, so everything relevant to SM to an optimization/programing point of view will for sure stay the same
>>
>>33420777
>Mega Kangaskhan
>Mega
>Following Pokemon
>>
>>33423679

>>>>>>>>>>>>>33420797

(You)
>>
>>33421861
>you'll realize GF actually handled the optimisation of the game not that badly
Yeah, sure, except we know they didn't optizime at all.

Unless you have a really weird definition of it because doing a hundred encrypts and decrypts constantly that are entirely unnecessarily clogging up the RAM is not good optimization.

Pretty sure even my mother, who had only been using computers at all a couple years (and still had trouble doing some of the basics) before she died would know that's the opposite of optimization.

Are you also over 50 and don't understand technology like her?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.