[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/ bros, should I just quit this franchise? I'm not baiting,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Immensely upset.jpg-large.jpg (61KB, 701x420px) Image search: [Google]
Immensely upset.jpg-large.jpg
61KB, 701x420px
/vp/ bros, should I just quit this franchise? I'm not baiting, i'm being serious, this franchise just doesn't do anything for me anymore. The only thing I still like is the monster designs, but other than that pretty much nothing else appeals to me.

I don't like the new reliance on "hype" gimmicks every new game. (Well to tell the truth Mega Evolution didn't bother me too much, I quite like some of the designs. I just dislike the concept)

I dislike how much they're shoving things from the ashnime into the games with no in-game lore just for the japanese kiddies

I hate how they're obviously cutting out so many features (All previous games had cut features yes, but before the 3DS era they never made it so obvious like fucking empty lots everywhere, unopenable doors on fucking important power plants that have their own camera angles to enunciate them, frontier project has started, etc)

I hate how they still don't have a proper difficulty setting like literally every single good jrpg in existence (They played around with the idea in a single game, but their execution of it was shit and they never bothered again)

I hate how they're misguided enough to think that the only way to make their games feel "unique" is to fucking cut out amazing features like PSS, dexnav, walking with Pokemon etc and replace them with shitter ones like festial cancer and sos battles.

God damn it, why am I still here if 95% of it infuriates me?!!
>>
>>33420673
just get the fuck out then
nobody fucking wants you here either, believe me
>>
I mean, don't buy a game you don't like I guess. Might as well save the $40 for a different game or what not.
>>
>>33420673
Do the same as I do, Anon: play other games. I realized that if you are in only one franchise you'll get bored very quick, so if you play other games and give it a break to your main franchise then when you play the most recent game you'll enjoy it more.

Start with ZSNES and Super Mario World, if you don't like Mario games you have more options like EarthBound, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past (very good game, I recommend it), Yoshi's Island, Contra 3 (a game only for pros), etc.

I also recommend you Mega Man 1-6 for VirtuaNES.
>>
>>33420673
why ask? just do what feel good. don't force yourself out of sense of false commitment. do you have any other interests atm?
>>
>>33420997
I actually do play other games anon. I'm playing through shin megami tensei 4 right now. Its just a hard decision for me to quit Pokemon, the first video game franchise I ever got into and one that I loved for so long.
>>
>>33421051
Yah, I have a switch and a ps4, I do play other games. Its just Pokemon was not only my first video game franchise, but my favourite for literally most of my life.

I wouldn't really take a lot of pleasure in quitting, especially since I do still genuinely like the monster designs. Its just everything else...
>>
>>33421059
>everything else
than quit /vp/
go to /vg/ and talk about persona

but yeah, i kinda get what you say. it sucks when old good franchises just don't live up to how we used to enjoy them. i still feel bad about not caring about the digimon anime anymore, wondering if its me that has changed or the anime, and alsoo i wonder if the reason i don't play princess maker 5 is because the translation sucks or setting the game in modern japan instead of a fantasy setting ruined it for me.

well, part of growing up is shedding your old self. we don't have to like it, it just is...
i hope persona can fill the void.
>>
>>33420673
Nobody here likes the direction Pokémon is going. I only still play the games because I can pirate them, otherwise I would have left as well. Ganefreak don't deserve my money with how little effort they're putting into their games nowadays.
>>
>>33420673
>>33421053
I know exactly how you feel, and it is oh so hard. Pokemon was the first game franchise aside from Mario and Sonic that I truly cared about and loved.

That said, it isn't the same anymore.

Pokemon failed to evolve with us, and it doesn't help that what did is very superficial. The initial concept and feelings of the game are what caught so many of us, but what else? How did it grow? How did they make the games new and exciting for their elder fans who've already done this song and dance?

They didn't.

They never used any other concepts of the Pokemon world than the ones they beat to death. A story with the exact same concepts as the others, the same battle system, just with a new coat of paint.

The best thing they've done in recent years has been Mystery Dungeon, but even that is becoming stale.

They don't innovate. They don't change. Like you said, they seem to take away what should be staple features for lord knows what reason, and rush out seemingly incomplete games.

As a concept, Pokemon is great. It's concept is what hooked us. But the execution of their games is more than enough reason to stop buying.

You can enjoy what you enjoy in Pokemon, that's what we all should do. I like fanart and stories, which is why I sometimes visit this board. But don't except them to make, fresh, good games anymore. You will be disappointed, if that's what you want. It's a waste of your time and money.
>>
>>33421382
what monster collection games do you like besides pokemon? have you tried tpdp or touhou pocket wars?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.