[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that this mon is actually based on the Philippine eagle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: wargle_by_xous54.png (124KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
wargle_by_xous54.png
124KB, 500x513px
Reminder that this mon is actually based on the Philippine eagle and not the bald eagle
>shares the colors of the Philippine flag
>Philippine eagle is on the coat of arms
>has a similar crest to the Philippine eagle
The only reason people think it's a bald eagle is because amerisharts don't know that the bald eagle isn't the only eagle that exists.
>>
>>33417935
Quoting Bulbapedia itself.
Braviary may be based on the bald eagle. Its color scheme may be inspired by the red, white, and blue of the flag of the United States. Its design also may be influenced by Native American culture. This may be reflected in the feathers on its head, resembling war bonnets.
>>
>>33417935
>t. commie scum
>>
>>33417963
This, its supposed to be a combo of the idea of america (symbolism) through its original natives
>>
>>33417963
>yellow bands on tail tips
>>
>>33417935
Either way he's a majestic bird of prey and I love him.
>>
Can it be both?
>>
>>33417935
Well, whatever it is, it sure does EVOKE the image of the USA, and I think that's what really matters here
>>
>>33418399
I'd have preferred it if it didn't have so much yellow if it was to be a USA bird.
>>
>>33417935
OBSESSED
>>
File: 1504059046047.png (136KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
1504059046047.png
136KB, 500x513px
>>
>>33417935
Eh, nope. Perhaps there's some influence there, but I find the whole "region name/based on New York/national bird is an eagle/Native American headdress" argument much stronger than "hurr it has yellow and a crest and there's an eagle on my Pinoy flag."

Maybe if the beak was blue I'd see it more.
>>
>>33418740
>it's a region based on new york
>therefore it's a bald eagle
But there are lots of other mons that have nothing to do with new york culture, like Scrafty, the starters, the legendaries, etc.
>>
File: 1503767227034.jpg (925KB, 1949x2077px) Image search: [Google]
1503767227034.jpg
925KB, 1949x2077px
>>33417963
I know it might be a bald eagle but
>
>>
>pinoyshits
>"""most powerful race"""
>>
>>33418766
>Scrafty
>nothing to do with new york culture
Now I know this thread is b8
>>
>>33418797
>it's an amerilard thinks they invented punk culture when the British did it years before them episode
Maybe if it was based on a greaser it would have something to do with new york culture.
>>
>>33418812
OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D
>>
>>33418766
Since gen 5, there's usually at least one Pokemon at least partially based on the region it hails from.

>Unova
Braviary
>Kalos
Dedenne
>Alola
Comfey

Just give it up. UNited states Of(V) America, home of the BRAVe(IARY). It's red, white, and blue...with a yellow stripe, big fucking deal. You're clearing baiting at this point.
>>
>>33418729
that looks pretty cool
>>
is it the most powerful flying type?
>>
>>33418914
>trying to use the english name to prove a point in a Japanese game series
I can use names too! Rufflet's Japanese name "Washibon" is partly derived from the local name of the Philippine Eagle "haribon" it's from the previous evolution and still proves my point better than the English name. Also red, white, blue, and yellow just so happens to be the same colors as the Philippine coat of arms which coincidentally has the Philippine eagle on it.
>>
>>33418940
>mega fug
>>
>>33418962
>conveniently ignoring the part about certain Pokemon being based on the region base

Also, completely possible Washibon = washi (eagle) + bon (boy), as it is a 100% male species. Like I said in my first post, the Philippine eagle may play a role in the design, but the majority of the stems from American influence.
>>
>>33419052
I sure love pandas in France
>>
File: philippine-eagle-centre.jpg (40KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
philippine-eagle-centre.jpg
40KB, 550x366px
>>33417935
>Philippine eagle
Yeah, I think you are right
>>
>>33419052
I was always under the impression it was a shitty pun involving Washington, since lolfirstUSpresident.

Knowing that makes more sense.
>>
>>33419079
>usually at least one Pokemon
>at least one
Examples were listed. Reading comprehension, you fucking moron.
>>
>>33419052
>conveniently ignoring the part about certain Pokemon being based on the region base
Okay, the obvious US mon isn't braviary but bouffulant.
>Also, completely possible Washibon = washi (eagle) + bon (boy), as it is a 100% male species
Possible, but with all the other coincidences with the Philippine coat of arms I see that as unlikely.
>>
>>33419162
Agree to disagree. I think there is far more evidence pointing to America as more of an influence over the Philippines. Even as you continually mention the Philippine coat of arms (which it shares with a lion) -- there's an eagle on the American coat of arms as well.

I'm not sure if anyone who saw Braviary and said "oh look, a Pinoy reference!" as opposed to "oh look, America!" Then again, ethnocentrism, so...
>>
>>33419212
>agree to disagree
Alright.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.