[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there be a new battle facility in USUM? Judging by the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: normal_battle_20tree2.png (276KB, 640x385px) Image search: [Google]
normal_battle_20tree2.png
276KB, 640x385px
Will there be a new battle facility in USUM?

Judging by the map both Tree and Battle Royal are still there so we can at the very least exclude Battle Frontier. In the past Frontier was always replacing its regions battle facility and thats not the case in Alola. Also because we already have two existing facilities they wouldnt add another batch of new ones.

What about PWT though? Alola has the perfect opportunity to bring back old characters because they already started it in SM. The thing is Red and Blue are battle bosses of the Tree so it would be weird to have them as simple contestants in PWT. Not to mention thhe whole gimmick of the tree is challenging known characters every 10 battles.

So unless the Tree will be completely changed into either a new area or a new facility like White Treehollow i cant see PWT be in USUM

So will there be anything new at all?
Or maybe the clouds are hiding just some safari zone area?
>>
>>33412056
Let's take a look here.

That large cloud was not on the original Alola map. There hiding something within it, either massive post-game exploration or something else.

I doubt Red & Blue are going to be the battle bosses in the USUM battle tree. The game will likely take place a year later. GF has no choice but to replace all the known characters in battle tree with new ones to keep the game relevant.

I got my eye on that cloud. But the question is how to connect it to the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>33412102
>The game will likely take place a year later

Where do people get this time skip from? No one ever even implied the game takes place later. Its an alternative story, not a sequel

>massive post-game exploration or something else
None of the recent games was hiding anything big under the clouds. Its even possible they're not hiding anything at all

>But the question is how to connect it to the Battle Frontier.
That aint happening with Tree and Royal still in the region
>>
>>33412122
>Where do people get this time skip from?
A random Chinese leak that might hold water at this point. Most people who believe in this don't consider the games sequels, just that in this alternate story, 1 year worth of changes have happened in Alola by the time we moved there. Right now, there isn't enough to go on to believe that theory at all, but some people still do.
>None of the recent games hid anything big under the clouds
Yes, they did. For game standards, they hid whatever would fit under the cloud's shape, and that it was "nothing big" for people who expected a frontier is a different story. The clouds still hid something in almost every game since Platinum
>Frontier in Pt
>Frontier in HGSS
> Unova's remaining areas for BW2
> Kiloude City in XY
> Battle Resort in ORAS + various legendary spots
> I don't remember whether BW hid anything, and SM didn't hide shit except the Pokepelago island that they spoiled pre-release anyway
All of that said, regardless of the content under the clouds, they still hid something, and this time, we have a pretty large and thick cloud where there was only a semi transparent smallass cloud in the SM map, so the odds are good enough that it hides something at all, and that something will fit the size/shape of the cloud.
As for the OP's post:
>There can't be another facility because we already have Tree/Royal
Well, technically, there can be another battle facility. Maybe not Frontier, but there can still be something better than your friendly neighborhood reskinned battle tower.
>Battle Royal
If we really consider things in Alola, it is a region without its own side gimmick like..say.. Hoenn, Remade Johto, Sinnoh and Unova had (Contests, Pokeathlon, Musicals)
Given that, one could treat the Battle Royal facility as the side gimmick of the region, because the whole thing looks to me like Pokestar studios in BW2.
Cont.
>>
>>33412175
Cont. from last post
>They force you into going through the tutorial for Battle Royal, and then it's up to you whether you acknowledge its existence ever again, just like every other side gimmick of every game.
If we treat Battle Royal as something like that, it is entirely possible that we actually get another battle facility.
>Kalos suffered the same fate desu
Yeah, it did. Kalos has no side gimmick either. Not one comparable to Contests/Musicals/Pokeathlon anyway. It actually has an equivalent to the Battle Royal in the Maison, which basically just a place where you keep battling and rise in your rank, eventually unlocking gym leaders and whatnot. Maybe we can treat that place as Kalos' side gimmick too, despite neither that nor Battle Royal existing in more than one town.
>If we consider XY's Maison to be the second battle facility, then Kalos also had 2 facilities
If that's the case, then so does Alola. But Both XY and SM were the 1st game duo of their generation, and we all know that the 1st games usually have jackshit in that regard. XY never had followup games to redeem them, but SM do.
>Thus, it's still possible that USUM have another facility.
Obviously only in theory because we all know ORAS only had the shitty mansion copypaste unless you wanna count the battle buffet as a battle facility..or XY's restaurants for that matter..
So anyway, that's just my 2cents on the possibility of another facility in USUM, doesn't mean it's gonna happen, but imo, it exists
>>
>>33412175
>A random Chinese leak that might hold water at this point
So basically nothing, Said leak claimed we're getting new Pokemon too.

>For game standards, they hid whatever would fit under the cloud's shape, and that it was "nothing big" for people who expected a frontier is a different story. The clouds still hid something in almost every game since Platinum
Yeah except none of the current games that is. Not to mention BW2 hid the BW areas under the ice so nothing new and we still could see these areas slightly under the ice. XY, ORAS and SM hid only small stuff.

>Well, technically, there can be another battle facility. Maybe not Frontier, but there can still be something better than your friendly neighborhood reskinned battle tower.

Problem with that is that GF was stepping away from Battle Facilities and we got less with each gen post Emerald. ORAS didnt even get its own Frontier despite being the final gen 6 game and a game for 2 years period. GF doesnt care about facilities anymore, they think online is enough. Thats why Battle Tree is such a cheap way of mixing PWT with tower
>>
>>33412194
Kalos had PR videos
>>
>>33412056
Hope it'll at least have as many formats as Battle Maison
>>
>>33412238
Don't think you can compare PR videos to contests and the like, just like Pokefinder/Plaza/Avenue aren't equivalents either.
It's more like a side-side gimmick like the Photo Studio thing will be in USUM, or like collecting medals/random ribbons/pokeball seals in other games
>>33412227
You're absolutely right that they have been stepping away from what we want, Masuda even said as much, the frontier was not in ORAS because according to him, the pokemon playerbase today is comprised of retarded phone zombies who would drop Pokemon in the blink of an eye at the first sight of having to use their brain/put effort into achieving something.
One can still hope, though, and the possibility technically exists. But that's all it is until proven otherwise, hopes and dreams
>>
>>33412248
I'd honestly be content with them simply improving the stupid tree even. Can't be that hard to add different battle modes to it, or add different gimmicks/restrictions for it
>>
>>33412269
If there would be any old facility back then i could see PWT only because its easier to make (GF already did over 80 human 3D models for SM so creating another 60+ isnt that hard) but i can see them just doing some safari zone under the cloud, add few Kanto characters to the tree and call it a day
>>
Doesn't matter what is under the giant cloud. It was never there on the original map so GF is hiding something for sure. May or may not be the Battle Frontier. May just be a new safari zone or a Pokemon version of Jurassic Park.

I want to find the answer to a different question. That question is what Pokemon could give Alola more island(s)? Alola is supposed to be comprised of four islands like Hawaii. It was four islands aside from Aether Foundation in Sun & Moon. This is the question that must be answered to help us unlock the cloud's secret.
>>
Probably they will added the tournament mode to the Battle Royal with past characters like Crasher
>>
>>33412357
Hawaii is actually 8 islands, 2 of which aren't really inhabited. While we did get the biggest 4 islands of Hawaii + neck island which is based on a smaller Hawaiian island, we would still be missing 3 smaller ones which aren't so small that they'd be as bad as neck island
>>
The area with the battle tree can easily be overhauled to be a new facility, more physical space doesn't mean better facility
>>
>>33412471
There's that one small one to the NE that we never went to in SM, and is now unobscured too.
>>
>>33412536
Thats Pokepelago bean island.
>>
File: hawaiipelago.png (5KB, 249x174px) Image search: [Google]
hawaiipelago.png
5KB, 249x174px
>>33412536
That was pokepelago
But if you google the map of the Hawaiian archipelago, you will see that there was a perfectly good sized island (Molokai) that could have been a 5th island (red spot in pic related)
>compare it in size to Akala/Poni/Melemele's equivalents and see it's only a bit smaller than them
What a waste. Neck island is the small thing next to what is Poni's equivalent and the other 2 small islands around the red spot could've easily been postgame zones
>>
>>33412561
>>33412573
Oh snap. That makes sense.
I wonder if it being unclouded means Mohn can be reunited with Lusamine.
(No clouds = unclouded mind?)
>>
>>33412589
I think they simply have no reason to attempt hiding it anymore, just like the league is now visibly built on mount Lanakila (Not that they didn't spoil both of them pre-release of SM , but you get the point)
>>
Feels like fans are taking a fancy battle facility in USUM for granted. Only because its the "third game" situation but i feel like its not going to happen just like ORAS didnt get the frontier which seemed obvious in mid 2014

Clouds are probably hiding some resort area with extra pokemon from outside of alola dex

GF will just play dumb and do more Kanto pandering just like bringing back gym replicas and possibly some kanto characters to the battle tree and normies will have a boner for it
>>
File: large.png (328KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
328KB, 500x323px
There's going to be a post game island for sure, for now it's a mystery what it'll actually have, but I'm hoping it's a PWT, that's become the feature I've been wanting the most lately

Heres some reasons I think it could be back this time:

>Hawaii was chosen as the Gen 7 region partially because World Championships take place there often
>NPC's in ORAS mention they cant wait to compete in the next one
>Fits the story of Kukui wanting to build the league to make Alolas trainers known all over the world
>First "third/enhanced" version since BW2, so its the first time they have time to implement a postgame facility
>Like BW2, these are the final games of the system, and of pure handhelds themselves as we move to the Switch era
>Future proofs the trainers models just like the mons themselves are
>Not that hard to bring back since teams and dialogue already exist from BW2
>GF would only have to design like 60 models, compared to the 80+ they already have for SM
>For BW2, they redesigned EVERY trainers walking models despite those sprites already existing, so it's not like they're opposed to it
>We've never had the chance to battle the Kalos leaders with full teams, or the Alolan captains
>Battle Tree is already a mini version
>Sun and moon are anniversary celebrations, "It all comes together"

Keep it the same as it was in BW2 but this time,
Hype it up throughout the game itself.
Like have random NPCs talk about how theres a huge tournament coming soon, have more returning characters show up walking around Alola and have them mention that they're there for the tournament, maybe incorporate into the story itself like Alola is the site of the next World Tournament, So Kukui wants to establish the League because of that,

Basically treat it like a Shonen arc
>>
File: 59c.png (318KB, 1078x833px) Image search: [Google]
59c.png
318KB, 1078x833px
>>33412056
No. They'll just add rental battles since that's all anyone cared about. And some new trainers for fanservice. Online co-op won't be a thing with festival plaza, and triples/rotations are out because of trainer models. Enjoy your Battle Tree+
>>
>>33414156
Dont get me wrong i would LOVE PWT back but the problem is that the Battle Tree bosses are Red and Blue and the Tree gimmick is a known trainer every ten battles and the opportunity to ask them to team uo with you. The tree is still on the map and Red and Blue being the special snowflakes make me think its unlikely GF will change that
>>
>>33414220
I think they'll do what they did to Nimbasa City in BW2
The building with Elsa's original gym from BW1 is still there, with the roller coaster intact and a few trainers inside but her actual gym is moved to another spot with an all new gimmick

I think in USUM, the tree will still still exist, but as a straight Battle Tower/Maison without the cameos, maybe even with some new gimmick,
while Red,Blue,Colress,Cynthia,etc. will move to the PWT
I think Red and Blue will be the bosses of the new PWT instead, like Clay was the host of the original one
>>
>>33414404
But the Tree still needs new bosses
>>
File: Erupting.jpg (27KB, 364x348px) Image search: [Google]
Erupting.jpg
27KB, 364x348px
>>33412056
OK GAMEFREAK THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE, GIMME A REAL INVERSE FACILITY OR SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET HURT
>>
>>33412056

A new facility or two could really help with the longevity of the game, so I hope they do it.
>>
>>33414663
But thats why i doubt it, alola already has two and they're on the map.

Since ORAS got Maison i think USUM will also get just SM ones
>>
File: i wanna die.jpg (7KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
i wanna die.jpg
7KB, 311x162px
>>33414688

yeah, I know

but one can dream
>>
>>33414639
It could be anyone, they could have a new character do it and tie it into a new gimmick like the Battle Tree could be all rentals now, and they could bring back Factory Head Nolan

Though if I recall correctly the Battle Tower in Crystal and in Ruby/Sapphire never had a leader, it was just straight npc battles all the way through
Anabel only came in through Emerald
>>
>>33414703
Yeah but recently they had ones in each gen.

Also it seems they wanted to treat Red and Blue as special snowflakes, their trainer class was even "battle legend" or some shit like that so i think the Tree will stay as it is
>>
>>33412056
Why have BT and PWT in the same game? Why not just expand the Tree's mechanics to be more like the PWT?
>>
File: 1377560567559.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
1377560567559.gif
2MB, 310x325px
Ive accepted the fact that we will never get battle frontier again but can we at least get something that isnt the clusterfuck that is the battle tower/maison/tree and isnt the horribly balanced online battles? Or maybe start supporting more game modes for online? Like an actual little cup mode or something fun.
>>
>>33415036
I wish that would be the case but GF obviously prefers making photo features than battle facilities
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.