[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else miss the stadium style games? the size differences,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon comparison.jpg (819KB, 1352x2396px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon comparison.jpg
819KB, 1352x2396px
Does anyone else miss the stadium style games?

the size differences, the couch rental battles with friends "you pick 6 and i pick 6 then we battle, no legendaries or starters", the mini games.

what the fuck happened, why did these stop being a thing. also why the fuck doesn't the gamecube/wii ones have rental battles?
>>
Battle Revolution bombed commercially and critically. And now there's this idea that they aren't needed because we have 3d games now. Idk, I miss alot of the little details the console based games had. They were great for pure competitive content, better than the main games imo.
>>
File: mewtwo.gif (2MB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo.gif
2MB, 500x336px
fuck seeing the size differences between pokemon and fluid animations made these GOAT.

also fuck the non stadium ones
>no more rental battles
>no more mini games
>single player content literally dead
>>
>>33411667
but the 3d battles in the handheld games are literal shit, they don't even stick to scale and the idle/attack animations are trash
>>
I just want them to be size accurate, then the main games won't bother me. Wailord looks like a fucking manlet, it makes no sense. I want to see it tower over everything.
>>
>>33411719
Hopefully the switch can deliver that. The 3ds was too weak to render such high res models that they needed to reduce the size on some mons. That won't be a problem on the Switch.
>>
in my opinion i think the Colosseum games did the stadium couch thing well too
>>
>>33411677
Colosseum may not have had mini games or rentals which sucks it had a single player that was cool and gave you some new Pokemon to use as you could trade to your actual games and that is why i want a stadium pbr and Colosseum mix game which basically takes the best parts of those games and throws them into one game but sadly were not getting that
>>
>>33411681
What attack animations you don't like?
>>
>>33411681
The same applies to the 2D games though.
>>
>>33411655
3ds isnt powerful enough for different sizes. The switch is
>>
>>33411667
I hate that.

I never played battle revolution for one simple reason - it was a graphics enhancement, not a game. I think (and I could be wrong) the reason it bombed is because there was no game to it, just battles. if it had been a proper colosseum 3, then it might've done better.

on a side note, I've been replaying colosseum, and the animations are just great. if we could get colosseum animations with sun/moon graphics (or better) I think battles would look great.
>>
>>33411677
XD at least had a good plot
>>
>>33412541
I want to defeat a 3 mons trainer in less than 10 minutes, though.
>>
>>33412555
also XD001 was pretty dope, even if edgy
>>
>>33411655
>wanting drawn-out animations again
But I thought you guys wanted battles to be quick, the novelty of seeing 5 seconds of a Pokémon fainting could wear off pretty fast
>>
>>33412541

The Stadium/Colosseum animations are too long, there's a reason why they're sped-up in Gen 6 and 7.
>>
>>33412557
>>33412642
>>33412684
They could always have them be optional or "bosses only" (totem, E4, etc.) or some shit. The latter would give fainting a sort of cinematic feel.
>>
>>33412114
If the 3DS can load a model, it can display it at anyt size you could want. What matters is the number of polygon the model have, not the size you make it appears.
But I guess the 240p screen of the 3ds is not fit for a really wide camera view in case you summon shit like Wailord. Every thing else beside him would just be like 4-6 pixels
I hope the switch bring back height accuracy
>>
>>33412684
they're not just sped up though. take things like the getting hit animation on metang - it looks awesome. heck, you could speed it up and it'd still look awesome. the gen 6/7 animations aren't sped up - they're simplified.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.