[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you think the gen 3,4, and 7 starters come from? My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Where do you think the gen 3,4, and 7 starters come from? My guess is that they are from future regions
>>
>>33410871
I think they are native to Hoenn
>>
>>33410871
They're from the region they debut in. That's why they debut in that fucking region.
>>
Is there any indication they're not native? Seems an odd question.
>>
>>33411577
I don't know why people make these stupid fucking threads about "xddd what region are the kaloose sturters?" Take a wild fucking guess.
>>
>>33411583
We found out that the Gen 1 starters are from Kalos
>>
>>33411589
When? Just because they can be found in Kalos, doesn't mean they're native. You're looking too deep into this shit.
>>
>>33411608
Frogs and Lizards and Turtles are all found in France, not Japan
>>
>>33411618
Pokemon aren't found anywhere on Earth you barrelfucker
>>
>>33411618
Are you retarded?
>>
>>33411631
Are you?
>>
File: 1503073949759.jpg (435KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1503073949759.jpg
435KB, 1440x810px
>>33410871
Why not the 1, 2, 5, and 6 starters?

>>33411577
Why would they be native to the region they debut in if they are literally incapable of being found there? Honestly I thought there was mention of some starters being imported from breeders somewhere else? perhaps they are just rare and it's a small breeder community that is regulated in-region, but I don't remember confirmation or dismissal of that.

>>33411618
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Amphibians_of_Japan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Reptiles_of_Japan

pic not related
>>
I mean, I think it could maybe be a tad cool if starters had their own "home regions" and they're used as starters in other regions because they're rarer, but... at the same time that's fucking dumb and basically all canon defies that idea.
>>
>>33411781
I'm unironically asking this, what bit of info says they aren't from another region? I don't remember it being addressed in any amount, so it's still completelt possible, lore-wise. There's room for it.
>>
>>33411618
Yes and skunks aren't native to Japan, doesn't stop stunky from being caught in a region based on Japan, and being uncatchable in unova.
>>
>>33411790
there's a lack of evidence for either of the options.

There was never an indicator that starters had to be native, nor why they're scarce, so all interpretations you can find around are headcanons.

I personally like to think they're native, but in an endangered status. Thus using breeders to keep the population alive and giving them to young trainers to raise their popularity & number overtime
>>
>>33411813
Yeah, that's what I was saying. It could go in any direction. Of course there was also the Torchic on the Pokéwalker, though, so maybe they were hinting at non-native stuff?
>>
>>33411776
because you can catch 1 and 6 in kalos and 2 and 5 in alola
>>
>>33411618
We know Frogs are all the population, anon, but lizards and turtles I am not sure
>>
>>33410871
From the regions of the ranger games. Duh.

In all honesty, the way they word it implies they could be from anywhere.

>Kanto starters
From Oaks travels. We have no idea how far he travelled, so unclear.

Notable that many Kanto and Johto trainers have the starters, mostly ace trainers. So they do seem to be standard companions for serious trainers.

>Johto
Said to be rare pokemon that he just found, so could conceivably just be mons from Johto that most people can't access their habitats.

Notable not used by any trainers, and Elm doesn't seem as interested in league trainers as Oak.

>Hoenn
He gives no mention of where they come from, but they appear in the region.
He notes that the others starters he gives away in the post game are "from another region"

>Sinnnoh
From his travels, so almost certainly not Sinnoh.
It would have been cool they'd linked is travels and Piplup to Kalos region in XY, but eh.

>Unova
Juniper just says "she brought you them". But she doesn't seem interested in much outside of Unova.

>Kalos and Alola
No hints what so ever.

I think the games have fluctuated wildly between
>Just some pokemon I happened to have that are rare because I'm a professor, and I'll let you have one
to
>These are likely handpicked pokemon that as a professor I can source for beginning trainers who I intentionally start off on their journey.
without any internal consistency.

I think the idea of other ace trainers having starters should come back though, if that is the case. It makes more sense with the reasons for getting starters in the later gens.
(If I forgot there's a non RBYGSC where non rival trainers have starters, pls forgive.)
>>
Starters are threatened pokémon, that for the most part only exist in habitats inacessible by humans, but they have breeding programs attached to increase population. It's common across all regions to sometimes distribute a few breeding results to trainers, to reduce costs of maintaining a large amount of specimens and promote the spread of the species in their native regions
>>
>>33412639

All 12.5% female species are threatened species.

The starters though are in White Rhino territory apparently.

Someone needs to Fedex the professors some Ditto
>>
>>33411586
>nowhere to be found in the wild, literally only obtainable as a gift poke from who knows where
yeah haha Torchic is totally native to Hoenn. Just look at all the wild Torchic running around!
>>
>>33410871
When did they say where do the 1,2,5 and 6 gen starters come from?
>>
>>33414754

This logic is so fucking stupid. GF wants certain Pokemon to be limited accessibility per save. Pokemon are native to the region of the generation they debuted in unless stated otherwise like Yungoos.
>>
>>33416209
Look at all those wild mudkip woah
>>
>>33412390
>(If I forgot there's a non RBYGSC where non rival trainers have starters, pls forgive.)
Platinum (and I think DP as well) has generic NPCs with starters/starter evos so you can see everything and complete the Sinnoh pokedex.
>>
>>33412390

good post, although caring this much might be autism
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.