[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>canonically, it's been less than a year from the start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

File: 1481143491965.png (295KB, 409x625px) Image search: [Google]
1481143491965.png
295KB, 409x625px
>canonically, it's been less than a year from the start of Ash's journey to the current point
So the Earth in the animeverse takes like 2000 days to revolve around the sun or something, right? Time there isn't the same as ours?
>>
>>33405640
In an interview, it was said that Ash is eternally 10 years old because time doesn't actually pass in the pokemon anime (As in, they are by no means caring about how much time should pass between events and are simply treating the entire universe as a place where the concept of time doesn't matter in the slightest and is not important outside of things that have/use "ancient lore")
>>
>>33405640
Canonically the simpsons don't age either.

That this is canon doesn't mean it isn't stupid.
>>
>>33405657
Bullshit. No they did not.
If that were so no one would of aged, ash wouldn't of ever been born, no one would of had kids, no one would be elderly, it would be Gen 1 trainers in their infancy forever. No humans actually would exist. Because time to grow didn't exist. Only pokemon.
Meaning humans are pokemon
Or pokemon evolved into humans
And gave birth after copulating

SEE HOW THE RABBIT HOLE GOES
DO NOT
GO
DOWN
THE
DEEP
END
YOU
FAGGOT
ASS
BUTT
SCRATCHING
CUM
SUCKLING
TEET
BITING
DICK
NUT

Now, back to your lies and no source.

Bitch.
>>
>>33405657
It's not exactly about time, it's more about aging.

Days, weeks, months, etc still pass normally, with people saying things like "the league starts in 3 months". There's a clear time progression, with a distinction between "things that happened" and "things that will happen".

The only bizarre thing is that humans (and possibly all other living beings) in that universe literally haven't aged a single day since Ash's adventure began. And no one finds that strange too, because it's just a cartoon for kids and there's no need to think too much about complicated stuff.
>>
>>33405686
I definitely misremembered some things, but the general gist that time has not passed since Ash left Pallet Town is still there, so it's either that time doesn't pass only for Ash, or the whole concept of time is irrelevant for the Pokemon universe
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170721-00000373-oric-ent
Yuyama is talking about Movie 20 and he gave 7 points of trivia, the last one says that Ash is eternally 10 because no time has passed since he started his journey and more stuff that you'd need to google translate or something
>>
>>33405686
Careful anon youre sliding down that spectrum a little too fast.
>>
>>33405708
>And no one finds that strange too, because it's just a cartoon for kids and there's no need to think too much about complicated
this
>>
maybe people in the pokemon world are just like elves and age super slowly
>>
>>33405657
Ash is eternally 10 years old because ash isn't a real person. He represents the spirit of the pokemon trainer in every way. He eternally has lots of room to grow, and is always excited and passionate about pokemon and his friends.

The anime isn't about telling any sort of narrative in any sense, it's pure purpose is to animate pokemon battles. The trainers surrounding the pokemon battles that are animated are forever just filler, not as important as the reason the show exists in the first place. (despite how sm kinda goes against this trend)

This is why ash is not a character in that he ages or ever makes real growth, but a representation of a set of ideals and princibles. All pokemon anime characters represent an eternal archtype in the pokemon universe, not actual people who age.
>>
>>33405772
Yeah, that's what I meant by the concept of time being irrelevant in the pokemon universe, because it is simply not important to what the anime stands for at its core
>>
It's a fucking children's TV show.
They don't care about making it canon, nor do they need to

No conspiracy theory, no weird aging physics, it's just a goddamn tv show
>>
It's Simpson time.
>>
>>33405686
Nice blog, faggot
>>
>>33405640
>>33405657
>>33405664
>>33405686
Why are people so triggered over Ash aging? No cartoons age. They're cartoons.
>>
>>33405923
Because they believe Pokémon is a shonen lol
>>
>>33405923
Don't know, I don't really care, but I suppose people like continuity even in cartoons
(I admit that it triggers me when the games introduce an evident timelapse and then come out with only some characters having aged and others not, though)
>>
>>33405935
Can't think of any Shonen that show characters aging in real time either, unless they have a fixed start and end with set times in mind for each planned (Eg, Naruto, time passing and characters aging is a necessary part of the plot)
>>
>>33405951
When do cartoons ever age in real time? It's not about continuity.
>>
>>33405962
There are plenty of cartoons that have timelapse and their characters age over time (even if it's sometimes only at the very end). Not to claim Pokemon is one of them (because it's more like Simpsons than anything else), but it's not so abnormal for some people to expect such things from even a cartoon
>>
>>33405990
>Over time
>The very end
Pick one. I also said real time, which is the only way Ash would have aged.

Also
>Plenty
>No examples
>>
>>33405953
Dr. Slump did. But it's rare as hell, yeah.
>>
>>33405640
Ash is suppose to 11 years old because of His and Pikachu 1 year anniversary

No.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4HjqAeJMOY
>>
>>33406931
Shorts and Movies aren't canon to the anime.
Likewise, because the narrator for that short in Japan did some bad shit, they've disassociated themselves with that short so it especially doesn't matter.
The executives themselves have said Ash has been, and always will be 10 so he remains relatable to each new generation of children that tune into each new season of Pokemon without having to catch up on the ever-growing number of generations just to get to know this stupid fuck better.
>>
>>33406431
>Dr. Slump
So yea, 2 shonens and 0 cartoons mentioned so far. And I assume, like Naruto, Dr. Slump literally showed them aging in real time or had a timeskip and showed them the appropriate amount older
>>
>>33406975
No, Dr. Slump literally operated in "real time", with the characters aging roughly a week every week.
>>
>>33406991
Even better
>>
File: Mewtwo_in_armor.png (413KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo_in_armor.png
413KB, 640x480px
>>33406957
Lies. According to this. They are canon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq3FpklOMjI
>>
>>33406957
What'd he do?
>>
>>33407027
Drug Abuse.
>>
>>33405935
This.

>>33405953
There's a difference between "no aging at real time" and "not aging at all".

>>33405923
Probably because its a more direct way of illustrating the fact that he doesn't progress which is the real problem.
>>
>>33407080
>There's a difference between "no aging at real time" and "not aging at all"
Not really.
>>
>>33407037
OH MY GOD
who cares
>>
>>33407092
It should be obvious to any non retard but alas, this is /vp/.

So according to you, Naruto didn't age at all in the manga.
>>
>>33407096
Japan does, which is why they refuse to redistribute that short in any capacity.
>>
>>33407107
No, he did. That's why I used Naruto as an example
>>
>>33407164
So there's a difference.
>>
>>33407173
Yes, in one the characters age and the other they don't. Well done, you now comprehend the post you replied to.
>>
>>33407209
You might wanna work on that reading comprehension anon. "Not really" and "Yes" don't mean the same.
>>
>>33405953
In FMA Brotherhood Ed visibly ages
>>
>>33407254
And in absolutely no posts did I say Not Really and Yes to mean the same thing.
Ironic you throw around the reading comprehension buzzwords but have none yourself.

The point I made was that characters aging in real time is not a common thing. The two examples given were Naruto and Dr. Slump.

I believe Digimon only ever uses the time jump, eg, they age between seasons or shows.

>>33407273
Not seen Brotherhood so not sure which category it falls under, but it's still the exception rather than the rule.
>>
>>33405686
Shut up, you don't even have a point. Just kill yourself via car battery or something.
>>
>>33407282
I'll assume all posts were by you since there's no clarification.
I said there's a difference between not aging in real time and not aging at all.
In >>33407092 you said "not really". This means there's no difference between them.
In >>33407164 and >>33407209 you say there's a difference and explain it.

>The point I made was that characters aging in real time is not a common thing.
When did I attack this point?
>>
>>33405640
inb4 Coma dream, snowglobe, etc.
>>
>>33407300
I'm not sure you're understand YOUR own point.
If a character does not age in real time in it's own show/manga, there is not really a difference between that and not aging at all (Except in time skips, as already mentioned)

You claimed that in Naruto he does not age. That is not true. The difference I explained was between Naruto (Aging) and the Ashime (Not aging)
At no point did I imply there was a difference between not aging and not aging in real time.
>>
>>33407321
>there is not really a difference between that and not aging at all
First, yes, there is. Few works make the character age in real time. Because few happen in real time. The only one where the release pace matches the time is 52 and that's its gimmick.
So you'll always have a dissonance between the time that passes between releases of said work. Mentioning it doesn't happen in real time is irrelevant.

The time skip remark is retarded because you're saying two things are the same except when they're different which is moot.

Thirdly, I said there's a difference between not aging in real time(but aging) and not at all. You said not really without repeating the time skip clarification so you still implied Aging is not aging.

>You claimed that in Naruto he does not age. That is not true.
Please quote when I did.

>At no point did I imply there was a difference between not aging and not aging in real time.
You did >>33407209 and proceeded to explain the difference. Read your own posts dude.
>>
File: 1503093364916.jpg (41KB, 258x244px) Image search: [Google]
1503093364916.jpg
41KB, 258x244px
>>33407370
>Release matches time
Anon, I just realised why your actually talking gibberish, you've made a very simple and embarrassing mistake. You should have read the conversation before the post you decided to argue with.

Real time =! The time the work is published in the REAL WORLD
Real time = In relation to the passage of time in the fictional world their in.

This was already established with >>33406991

As in 2 years pass, the characters are 2 years older, regardless of wether or not there are explicit dates or milestones. The alternative being the timeskip.
>>
>>33407391
A week was literally Dr Slump's release frequency.

Also, it makes no sense to bring that up, if Ash didn't age a year in the show then a year didn't pass in-universe.
>>
>>33407411
Yes, that's why the post I linked you to replied to me asking if Dr. Slump aged in real time with "No" and went on to elaborate that it was "real time" as in release schedule.

That elaboration should have made it perfectly clear to you that every use before and after of the phrase real time meant something different to that example.

Are you now saying you don't understand how we were using it?

Ash doesn't age, ever. Time passes but he does not age.

Naruto aged in relation to the passage of time in his universe. If 10 years past, he was 10 years older regardless of if anything happened plot-wise or if we were explicitly told time had past. For example there's the time jump between the pre and the shippuden, but he very clearly ages over the course of the shippuden regardless of us being told time was passing.
>>
>>33407446
>Time passes but he does not age.
In the most technical sense of the words, time does pass(you see day and night cycles) and he ages in the same way we age every day. All that aside, if he isn't eleven its because his eleventh birthday didn't come, not because he's some magic being that doesn't age while the rest of the world does.
>>
>>33407476
You're still struggling far too much with this.

Are you saying you agree with OP? That it's been less than a year since the start of the show till now?

The entire conversation you stumbled onto and argued with without bothering to read is explaining that OP is wrong.

He doesn't age not through some magic conspiracy or any coma headcanon, but because he is a fucking cartoon. We were listing the exceptions to the rule, where cartoon (Or shonen) characters age appropriately.
>>
He doesn't age because it's a fucking cartoon, why is there a 50 post thread about this?
>>
>>33407492
We were told a year didn't pass in show. I know this sounds crazy in the pokémon fanbase, but info from a wor should be infered from the work and official sources related to it, not your head.

The "cartoon logic" here is that all these events happened in less than a year.
>>
>>33407503
My bad, I argued with an autist who refused to clarify what exactly he was trying to refute.

100% correct post
/thread
>>
can anyone count how often the sun has set in the pokemon anime?
>>
>>33407534
Anon, YOU'RE the one claiming things from your head. There is absolutely no official sources or moments in the show that imply it's been less than a year. Time has past. The sun rises and sets. Events have occurred that take time to do so. He doesn't age because it's a cartoon. What are you failing to understand?
>>
>>33407535
I tried to refute the notion that aging but not in real time is the same as not aging at all. I assumed you meant the common way these expresions are used instead of the asinine concept you had(basically, i assumed you were less retarded than how you are) you then proceeded to correct me by posting what you really meant(you were right, i should've read the thread), so now its about your retarded claim about ash being a magic non aging being.

You're also lying because i did clarify what i was refuting and you did get it as shown in >>33407391 where you corrected me, which couldnt have been the case otherwise.
>>
>>33407603
Anon, you couldn't read. That's the problem here.
If you are also claiming less than a year has past between the first and latest episodes of the Ashime, that's two pieces of evidence you are retarded.
>>
>>33407544
>Anon, YOU'RE the one claiming things from your head. There is absolutely no official sources or moments in the show that imply it's been less than a year.
He was stated to be 10 at the start of unova. He started his journey at 10. You're only 10 years old for a year. After that, you're 11.

>Time has past. The sun rises and sets. Events have occurred that take time to do so. He doesn't age because it's a cartoon.
Exactly, not because he is invulnerable to time passing in universe.
>>
>>33407634
>You're only 10 years old for a year
In real life. In cartoons, such as the Pokémon cartoon, you do not age.
>>
>>33407622
Ok, where has it been stated that more than a year did?
>>
>>33407654
Yes, because time doesnt pass in a realistic way.
>>
>>33407661
>>33407667
Anon, you're missing the point. More than a year has past in the show. It's a cartoon, he doesn't age because cartoons don't age.
>>
>>33407672
>>33407672
>Anon, you're missing the point. More than a year has past in the show.
Stated where?
>>
>>33407682
Stated in the show, if you watch it, there is time passing. The total of the time passed if you add it all up is more than a year.

Are you claiming to have a source proving time has not passed?
>>
>>33406000
Steven started growing a beard, but he shaved it so it doesn't count...
>>
>>33407015
That was one time.
Literally one time.
Only Mewtwo ever happened.
Ever.
>>
>>33407696
>>33407696
>Stated in the show, if you watch it, there is time passing. The total of the time passed if you add it all up is more than a year.
That's real world logic.
>Are you claiming to have a source proving time has not passed?
I never said it doesnt pass, i said a year didnt. Its said in bw. It doesnt make sense but its a cartoon.
>>
>>33407953
>Time passing = time passing is real world logic
>He would be 11 if a year passed is not
Are you..Are you trolling?
>>
>>33407967
My point is based on something stated in show that requires accepting a cartoon isnt consistent.
Yours is based on ash having an ability that was never stated.
>>
>>33408198
No, yours is based on literally nothing and is contradicted by the show.
Mine is based on the assumption that it works the exact same as most other cartoons as is shown in the show.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.