[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK, after TPCi started to milking Kanto again, I'm pret

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

File: All Gens (2017 Version).jpg (358KB, 1536x500px) Image search: [Google]
All Gens (2017 Version).jpg
358KB, 1536x500px
OK, after TPCi started to milking Kanto again, I'm pretty sure that we need to get a more recent opinion about the favorite and less favorite region as of mid-2017.

Favorite Region
http://www.strawpoll.me/13807327

Most disliked Region
http://www.strawpoll.me/13807335
>>
>>33404983
I wont vote on best because I cant choose between Johto and Unova. But worst is probably Kalos. And I say that knowing full well that Kanto and Alola are also shit
>>
tfw x and y looked the best.
>>
>>33404983
I just realised someone got better screenshots for the 3DS games in this image. Good. Even if it's still annoying that Alola's is at an angle
>>
Kanto is shit and will always be shit. Even if they remake it in 3D, it will still be shit and it would take a complete makeover for it to not be shit. But then it just wouldn't be Kanto anymore at the core despite being named Kanto
>>
>>33404983
HS/GG and B/W look the best.
Going 3D was a mistake
>>
>>33405171
BW is washed out as hell and the battle animations are trash.
Going 3D truly was a mistake though.
>>
Don't know why Kalos is so high, even if the games weren't great it was still a somewhat large and varied interesting region. Alola I can understand though it's basically just a worse Hoenn
>>
>>33405270
Unless this whole thread is about the games themselves and not specifically the region, but the OP didn't make that clear.
>>
>>33405282
I'm pretty sure most of the people voting are unable to separate the region from the game associated with it, and so we have these votes
>>
>>33405270
>>33405282
I only mentioned the regions, not the games, but like >>33405316 said, people ALWAYS put together regions and the games.
>>
>>33405349
even when you put kanto with its games, the only reason anybody would prefer it over anything is nostalgia, which is a pretty bad reason to use when voting
>>
>>33405377
Yeah, this is what I mean. Kanto is just a boring city basically (makes sense being based on the area around Tokyo) but I still think the Kanto games are pretty good. And as I said previously Kalos is the opposite (pretty cool region but mediocre games, not as bad as sm though lol)
>>
>>33405377
Kanto is better than both Alola and Kalos. The best dungeons in those two were Gen 2 Victory Road tier.
>>
>>33405415
That only holds true if you disregard literally everything else about the region and only look for what kind of dungeons there were.
If you look further than just dungeons, then Kanto is boring and bland (and small)
>>
>>33404983
I haven't played SM or ORAS, but I think the generation 6 Overworld style is the best
>>
>>33405479
>then Kanto is boring and bland (and small)
So like Alola?
>>
>>33405487
Exactly!
>>
>>33405505
Well the better dungeons will still put it above that one then :^)
>>
>>33405512
Very true.
>>
>>33405171
Correct

>>33405270
Kalos sucks and it has some of the absolute worst routes in the franchise in terms of tedium, Lumiose sucks too
>>
>>33404983
wow, the nostalgiafaggotry in those strawpoll are hard.
>>
>>33405714
t. Alolasome

>>33404983
This isnt surprising, the top 4 is always a variation of Sinnoh, Hoenn, Johto and Unova in different placements.
>>
>>33405025
Eh, Alola isn't really that bad a region, per se. What makes it bad is their decision to hand wave you along constantly with nowhere to really explore because all that mattered was making sure even drooling retards who can barely figure out how to turn on the console couldn't get lost.
>>
>>33404983
Johto is the best as it gives you the most freedom in terms of where you go and when combined with the most interesting places to explore and good music to hear doing it.

Meanwhile as much as I dislike all the water in Hoenn (they really could've used doing more with the underwater areas - one City, Seafloor Cavern, and the hidden Chamber and a few items really isn't enough on that massive expanse) Unova is most certainly the least interesting for it's straightaways. B2/W2 made this a little better but it was still pretty shit.

Allowing people to use HMs at will was cool if you traded something over with them but all of what it did wasn't enough to make up for the region as a whole.
>>
>>33404983
>Sinnoh that high
Oh boy I can't wait for Unova to become /vp/'s favorite region because those who grew up with BW will be old enough to post here
>>
>>33406031
>implying they dont already post here
>>
At least people can agree that Kanto,Kalos and Alola are unanimously the top 3 worst regions out there.
>>
>>33406031
>DURR people only like things because of nostalgia
Stop this stupid fucking meme. I grew up with Gen 1 and 2 and sinnoh's in my top 3 regions.
>>
>>33406118
Same here
>>
>>33406106
>Taking seriously a poll done in / vp /
Oh, sorry, I did not know you were this retarded
>>
>>33404983
Kalos is literally the comfiest region by far.Sinnoh is a close second.
>>
>>33406106
Like everything else in gen 1 it gets a free pass for being the first attempt, I am sure Kanto would look better if it was attempted today
>>
>>33406172
>by far
>close second
You don't even know what you are talking about.
>>
>>33406118
Sinnoh is fucking shit, HMs up the ass, everything about Coronet, annoying routes that either fuck with your accuracy or slow you down, NPCs blocking your path everywhere, it has some good things here and there but the bad things just stand out most of the time and it sucks
>>
>>33406133
I'm sorry one of those are your favourite regions

>>33406031
stop projecting the reason you chose your fav on the rest of the board

>>33406008
Good point on Johto. Though I loved BW2 Unova for the same reasons
>>
>>33406181
Only if they'd seriously change some things and expand the region itself to contain at least 4 new cities/towns, otherwise, it would still look like the same boring shit, but now in 3d
>>
>>33406214
>NPCs blocking your path everywhere
That makes me realize that every region after the first 3 had that
>>
>>33406220
Pretty much, I imagine there would be more landmarks if they tried it today
>>
>>33406222
Actually all regions had NPCs doing that, It blows my mind how they had the chance to give you three non linear gyms but didn't went with that, even the angry Psyduck thing could be removed and it would improve the game, and don't get me started on Sunnyshore's blackout that lasts until the very end of the game
>>
>>33406181
HGSS Kanto is actually the best version of Kanto, but the region is just fundamentally devoid of interesting landmarks due to being completely urban but also small

>>33406220
It doesnt even need at least 4. Johto only has about 2 more towns than Kanto and one of them is complete filler (Frontier Access) but the region is great
>>
>>33406218
>stop projecting the reason you chose your fav on the rest of the board
I've seen people do that a lot
>>
>Sinnoh is winning most liked
>Only 9 votes for Sinnoh as worst region
>Only 10 votes for Hoenn as worst
Jesus Christ this board's taste is even worse than I thought. I'm fully onboard with everyone else who feels this place should be nuked.
>>
>>33406354
Which regions do you like and dislike, Anonymous?
>>
>>33406354
You're like the people who say they lose faith in humanity because people like pop music.
>>
>>33404983
>Best
Unova
>Worst
Johto
>>
>>33406268
that is only because Johto already had its own charm enough to not need anything more to make it good (Even though more would be a bonus). Kanto is boring and shit on its own and that showed when the best part of FRLG were the Sevii islands.
Obviously, opinions will never be 100% the same, though
>>
>>33406434
I agree with all you said here though. Sevii is better than Kanto. But it's also better than Alola
>>
>>33406218
No, it's not.My favorite region is Johto.Nice try.

I was just remembering the fact that no /vp/ poll should be taken seriously.Unless you're retarded to.

But here's your (you).
>>
>>33404983
If we're talking purely aesthetics,

Johto>Kalos>Unova>Hoenn>Kanto>Sinnoh>Alola
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.