[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Bug even in the top 3 worst types anymore? I assume the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: 469Yanmega.png (130KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
469Yanmega.png
130KB, 431x431px
Is Bug even in the top 3 worst types anymore?

I assume the worst ones now are Rock and Ice. And Psychic took a hit by Fairy making it much less relevant.
>>
>>33404961
It's not in the top 3 worst in a long time.
And I really wished for that thing to be bug/dragon.
>>
>>33404961
>psychic took a hit by fairy making it much less relevant
and people continue to cry about shit like "light/cosmic" type not existing. That's the very reason these don't exist, because they serve the same function as already existing types
>>
>>33404982
If it's not then which are? I think Grass is better than people usually say because of all it's utility

Also, agreed. A Regional Variant will probably make it full Dragon one day
>>
>>33404961
Even with megas included as separate Pokemon, Bug still has the lowest BST average
>>
>>33404961
Bug is a pretty shit type. It hits not very effective on a stupid amount of types, as well as having only a few good non legendary pokemon and even then, the majority are Megas.
>>
>>33404990
This, adding more types will almost always come at the expense of the really specific ones like Ghost, Dark or Psychic.
>>
>>33405033
Averages shouldnt matter because there's a lot of early bug fodder. As long as enough good Bug Types exist, the average of all Bug Types is irrelevant
>>
>>33404982
Flygon looks like bug/dragón but gf is So shit
>>
>>33405009
Probably Rock, Ice and Psychic.
Sucker Punch, Knock off boost, pursuit, U-turn among others fucked that type.
>>
>>33405064
>Flygon looks like bug
No it doesn't.
>>
just a friendly reminder that Fairy fucked everything up :)
>>
Well, to really see which types are the wrst, look at Arceus and Silvally and think over which forms you would never ever use.

For me, at least, Rock Arceus is kinda cool (I love Continental Crush coming off of Judgement), and Ice Arceus has its uses since its actually fast enough to be a competent ice type. Psychic Arceus is shit, literally just use Mewtwo or even fucking Latios. Generally, the Arceus forms I'd never use are Dragon, Psychic, and Bug. They just don't offer enough advantages to be used over anything else.

As for Silvally I've found that Dragon Silvally is cool for novelty's sake but is actually kinda bad. Ghost, Ice, and Normal are the only one's I've found particularly useful at all, actually (Ghost is fairly bulky and can spinblock, and Ice Silvally, again, is actually fast enough to make use of its type and gets neat bolt/beam coverage, still pretty bad because only 95 SpA still but ahead of the others). But Bug is one I'd never bother with because even with STAB U-Turn it just has too many weaknesses and can't do enough damage.

I'd say over all the 3 worst types are:
1. Psychic
2. Bug
3. Dragon

Dragon seems good because there are a lot of high BST dragons with retardedly good movepools out there, but the best Dragon moves lock you in (outrage) or cripple your power (Draco Meteor) and the lower equivalents (Dragon Claw and Dragon Pulse) just don't cut it most of the time. Additionally, Dragon is only super-effective against itself, and has really common resistances (fairy, steel) so its quite easy to switch in on Dragon moves if you built an even halfway decent team. The only real good thing about it anymore is having lots of resistances, but that can only really take you so far.

If you asked me back in gen 5 or before, I would've said Poison was worse than Dragon, though.
>>
>>33405278
Now that you say it, Dragon types are kinda shitty.
>>
>>33405278
this nigga gets it. the Pokemon with Dragon types are great Pokemon because they're great Pokemon with great movesets.

the typing itself is absolute shit though.
>>
>>33404961
>rock type
>bad
im so sorry your mom dropped yo on your head when you were little.
>>
>>33405402
>magikarp used bubble
>>
>>33405418
>lileep storm drain activated
>>
>>33405046
Ghost can get fucked
>>
>>33405278
How are you using z moves with arceus
>>
>>33405504
Z-crystals can change Arceus' type
>>
Rock are slowly becoming much better. Special attackers are a thing and z-moves finally gave us somethig with perfect accuracy.
I wouldn't rate them that bad anymore.
I agree with the general idea that psychic got kinda shitty lately, at least good ice types have good coverage.
>>
>>33405552
wew I did not know this
>>
>>33404961
Rock is a pretty good type offensively at least. It makes for some good coverage on ground and fighting types.
>>
>>33405278
This doesnt work, because types come with many things that the arceus forms dont. Like Grass' utility moves, Dragon's movesets or Poison's defense stats.
>>
File: 1503019995260.png (9KB, 454x288px) Image search: [Google]
1503019995260.png
9KB, 454x288px
What are the top three worst fully evolved Pokemon of each type (assuming their primary typing takes precedence if possible)?
>>
>>33405653
That's THE Rock Type, not Rock Types.

Which is probably what's causing confusion in this thread. The type vs the pokemon with the type
>>
>>33405675
Grass Arceus hard counters Smeargle now that Dark Void got nerfed and can wreck Primal Kyogre.
Arceus totally has a better movepool than most Dragon Types (still kind of a crappy form though).
Poison Arceus still has 120/120/120 defenses and the move Recover. It's great for stopping Xerneas that aren't carrying Psychic (Most go for Focus Blast anyway) and absorbs Toxic Spikes with the best of them. poison Arceus is actually really good.

If anything, Arceus is skewed because it lacks the shortcomings of other types, like it doesn't have Ice types crappy speed, or Grass Types shitty movepools or Ghost Types low Base Power on all their STABs, or rock's accuracy problems.
>>
>>33405702
>spinda
>magcargo
>luvdisc (or wishiwashi solo)
>pachirisu
>parasect
>delibird
>hitmonchan
>dustox
>sandslash
>farfetch'd
>unown
>shedinja (or kricketune)
>either corsola or magcargo again
>definitely shedinja
>probably altaria
>either mighyena or a-raticate
>a-dugtrio
>dedenne
>>
>>33405945
>Pachirisu worst Electric
It's actually decent thanks to Nuzzle. Worst electric is probably Plusle, it's worse in almost every way.
>>
>>33405945
Since Altaria has a mega form change, the worst Dragon is probably Flygon

Kricketune is absolutely worse than Shedinja
>>
>>33404961
Man, Yanmega looks so cool
>>
>>33406248
flygon has better stats and better stab than base altaria, but turtonator is still worse than flygon counting altarias mega
>>
>>33405278
I agree with you that Dragon types aren't that great by any means. They have a lot of strong STABs and mons with high powered BSTs, but all of those you're already using because of the benefits of their other typing.
>Salamence relies on Flying moves
>Dragonite is more about coverage and Flynium Z
>Garchomp is for EQ
>Zygarde can drop Outrage since it isn't really necessary
And then look and Kommo-o and Goodra, which have equal BSTs but suffer because they just lack those benefits.
>>
Explain to me how Grass isn't one of the worst typings right now. Reminder that Tangrowth is really only OU due to Zygarde, and all other high tier Grass types are good because they have typings or ablities that negate grass' usual vices.
>>
>>33406341
It wouldnt be accurate to not count it since it's technically not a different pokemon, but either way I did forget Turtunator completely. Is that worse than A-Eggxecutor?
>>
>>33406397
turts speed is 36 and its signature move takes a turn to charge. even while shell smashed itll get outsped by most things. overheat and draco meteor both lower its stats and it doesnt even get contrary because "lol shell armor bcuz shell xDDD". defense is its best stat but it has no recovery besides leftovers
a-exegg has better hp, attack, special attack, and speed for offense, with leech seed, harvest, and synthesis if you so choose to try defensive
>>
>>33406248
Flygon is just about in the middle if we use the viability rankings as a reference

The worst is probably Silvally-Dragon. If we're only talking non-gimmicks then Druddigon and Drampa are pretty up there on the shittyness list.
>>
File: sceptile mega.png (307KB, 1024x964px) Image search: [Google]
sceptile mega.png
307KB, 1024x964px
>>33406394
Grass is great defensively, since it resists Ground and Electric. Remember how annoying those Rotom/Landorus cores used to be? A good Grass type walls them both. And being immune to Powder type moves is a huge plus too. the thing is, grass fans tend to want their pokemon to be unstoppable warriors, sine that's how they are with your starter in-game. Unfortunately, it's really more about godly support and defenses, offensively, it's not that great. Just a case of people liking things for what they want them to be rather than liking stuff for what it is. Plenty of strong defensive Grass types all over OU and UU, like Mega Venusaur, Amoongus, the aforementioned Tangrowth, and Ferrothorn. And of course, there are a couple offensive grass types that excel in spite of their typing due to having amazing abilities, namely Tapu Bulu, Serperior, Breloom, and Kartana. Mega Sceptile is what happens when a Grass type tries its absolute hardest to be a warrior, and it's okay but imagine if it were, say, a Fire type. Those Overheats would be way more terrifying than its Leaf storms. Mega Venusuar is what happens when a grass type embraces its role as a bulky supporter, and it excels at being an annoying pain in the ass to deal with, spreading around Leech Seeds, Poisoning things, and tanking hits that would make lesser pokemon squirm. Now imagine for a second in Mega Venusaur were Fire/Poison instead of Grass/Poison. It wouldn't be able to switch in as much since its weak to Stealth Rock now, can't tank even a weak Ground type move, and gets shit on hard by Stone Edge+Earthquake, a really common offensive combination. Suddenly all that bulk isn't helping it and you wish it were faster like Sceptile.

Grass is fine, it has it flaws, but then again, everything but Steel has major flaws. Grass is just good at doing stuff people don't find very exciting.
>>
>>33406394
grass has good healing moves.
also, dual typing can cover weaknessess? who would have thought? i guess foretress sucs cuz its only good cuz bug/steel are so fucking op!
>>
>>33405702
>stantler
>heatmor
>sunflora
>luvdisc
>plusle/minun
>butterfree
>passimian
>unown
>whiscash
>corsola/magcargo
>mightyena
>dustox
>delibird
>shedinja
>bastiodon
>delibird again
>altaria
>carbink
>>
>>33406483
at least drudd has sheer force and drampa has berserk with good coverage
>>
>>33404961
Bug is still in the top 3, its just that Gamefreak finally had the sense to make bug types actually good by either giving them bloated min-max stats or a great movepool. Its funny because Ice is in the opposite situation where outside of legendaries, most ice types are not minmaxed at all or have shit movepools which is weird because nearly all ice types are late game encounters.
>>
>>33405884
Honestly, I've heard a bunch of people claim that there are no good bug-types and that mono-bug is the least viable before.
I think people remember Butterfree, Beautifly and Ariados instead of Volcarona, Scizor and Scolipede.
>>
>>33406620
GF gonna make an ice/bug
and it will be GLORIOUS.

>>33406667
whats wrong with ariados?
>>
>>33406681

What ISN'T wrong with Ariados? Even at the bottom of the barrel there are better bugs for filling its Sticky Web and entry hazard niche, and it's slow as hell.
>>
Definitely

Poison no legendary

Normal cause 99% are crap

Ice caude they all pretty much suck like normal i rather hace ice beam then a ice poke.
>>
>>33405552
Why can't Silvally do this again? That would make so much sense.
>>
>>33406681
Low stats and not a particularly great movepool.
Butterfree at least has Compoundeyes Sleep Powder, Tailwind, Rage Powder and Quiver Dance, Ariados has... sticky web?

I'm saying this having once lost a tournament match to a Dark Gem Sucker Punch Ariados
>>
I dunno, I feel like type balance isn't quite so clear cut anymore. Water, fairy, dragon and steel are all really good, then I feel like most of the rest are in the same zone of "decent", except for Ice which is still far and away the worst type in the game.
>>
Ice and Rock are the only two types that are "bad" because other mons learn all of their good STAB moves. They're still great types offensively.
>>
File: 9d5.png (173KB, 2688x2688px) Image search: [Google]
9d5.png
173KB, 2688x2688px
>>33406394
>Tangrowth is really only OU due to Zygarde
>Tangrowth was OU in Gen VI when Zygarde was irrelevant
>>
>>33405056
Even only averaging fully evolved and not including mons like Butterfree, nonmega Beedrill, etc. its still the worst statistically.
>>
>>33404961

Poison types are still fucking terrible.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8KB, 214x116px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 214x116px
>>33407195
I think you're arguing different points
The different ideas going on in this thread are
>How good is the type in theory, based on its weaknesses, resistances, moves and type effectiveness?
>How good is the average Pokémon of this type?
>How many Pokémon of this type are viable in various metagames?

It's certainly low down on the first two, but there are a lot of bug-types that are decent. I'd argue there are more "good" bug-types than there are "good" rock-types, for instance.
>>
>>33407337
>araquanid
>durant
>good

>golisopod
>accelgor
>bad
>>
>>33404961
Although Psychic is very mediocre on the type chart, it is certainly not the worst because of the abundance of really strong representatives of the type. They can also directly benefit from a terrain which is great. In this respect, it is somewhat similar to Dragon, although slightly worse because Dragon has better resistances and isn't weak to any "utility" move like U-turn or Pursuit.

Other people mentioned Grass and Poison, but they are honestly pretty decent, Poison is actually above average I would say.
>>
>>33406394
Becasue even though Grass has 5 weaknesses, they have 4 good resistances as well as an awesome semi-immunity. Grass also has great status moves and pairs well with types such as steel, water and sometimes poison. In every tier except for Ubers, there is at least one highly viable grass type. That's why Grass isn't one of the worst typings.
>>
>>33406483
>Druddigon and Drampa
>not Turtonator
I love Turtonator, but the dude sucks
>>
Top 3 types you do not want to be:
1. Ice
2. Rock
3. Psychic

Bug would come in at fourth. It's still not very good, but a ground resist is nothing to scoff at
>>
File: ackhully.png (12KB, 376x273px) Image search: [Google]
ackhully.png
12KB, 376x273px
>>33405702
other answerers have never played these games, here's the correct list:
Normal: spinda
Fire: magcargo or rapidash
Fighting: passimian or crabominable, neither is totally worthless like the three mentioned before though
Water: luvdisc
Flying: fearow (delibird is unironically better)
Grass: sunflora
Poison: swalot
Electric: minun
Ground: wormadam pizza form
Psychic: unown
Rock: corsola
Ice: dewgong
Bug: beautifly
Dragon: drampa (though, like the fighting types, it's not on the same level of shit as everything else listed)
Ghost: dusknoir
Dark: mightyena
Steel: wormadam trash (passimian/drampa situation)
Fairy: dedenne
megas are an intrinsic part of many mons, which is why banette and altaria aren't listed as the worst ghost and dragon types respectively. Drampa, wormadam trash, crabominable, and passimian all have niches in certain tiers/environments, and its important to make the distinction between mons like that and mons like luvdisc.
>>
>>33407957
>Rapidash
It's the only fire type that isn't a starter in D/P. It gets shit done, just not as well as Infernape, but Infernape is a wrecking machine, so not much beats Inferape.
>Fearow
Confirmed for never playing any game set in Kanto or Johto in the history of ever. Fearow is beastly with that 90 Atk and 100 Speed at only level 20. It's like Herdier in BW, with it's godly Take Down.
>Dewgong
Dewgong on its own can sweep Lance in RBY and FRLG.

Ice and Flying, worst is Delibird, which gets pretty much nothing useful by level up. Worst fire type is definitely Magcargo.
>>
>People saying Drampa is shit
It's far from a sweeper, but seriously? It's versatile as fuck. Have you even seen it's movepool at all?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.