[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The two, (uh, five,) are madly underappreciated. I enjoy how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Normal-Doduo-Family[1].png (95KB, 365x315px) Image search: [Google]
Normal-Doduo-Family[1].png
95KB, 365x315px
The two, (uh, five,) are madly underappreciated. I enjoy how oddball and strange they are.
>>
>>33401554
Ever used one in-game before? It's fucking fun, they're the best birds.
>>
>>33401559
Why the hell can they learn fly?
>>
>>33401554
It's dodrio Rodríguez
>>
>>33401559
You know it. Well not in the GAME game, I only started to appreciate it and realize it was one of my favorites recently, but I used to use an Early Bird/Rest set on showdown. No one expects it. It actually did really well.

I'm 100% using one on my team the next time I can.
>>
>>33401573
I believe that's a joke. The point of this family line is that it's an extremely strange bird that doesn't defies sense. Making a bird that's based on an amalgamation of three/four different flightless birds learn Fly is just humorous and plays up this weird aesthetic.

It's probably just a Flying type because that was called Bird type in early Gen I before they changed the name.
>>
File: Dodrio.jpg (123KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dodrio.jpg
123KB, 500x600px
>>33401559
Agreed.
>>
>>33401559
man. I've been spoiled by post-game breeding.
I'll never know the joy of actually using one during an in-game team.
ESPECIALLY after the buffs it got this gen
>>
>>33401992
Try it out in gen 1-3, it's a lot of fun.
>>
>>33401627
>3/4
Kiwi, ostrich. What else?
>>
>>33402028
Dodo?
>>
>>33401554
Best pre-Gen4 bird
>>
>>33402028
Dodo, and it seems like it might take influence from cassowaries and rheas or whatever.
>>
>>33402028
>>33402100

Oh, and emus....and roadrunners. Honestly what even is Dodrio.
>>
>>33402074
>>33402100
>the english name has dodo in it it must be based on a dodo!
please stop posting any time.
>>
File: doduo fly.jpg (59KB, 740x876px) Image search: [Google]
doduo fly.jpg
59KB, 740x876px
>>33401573
Helicopter Pokemon
>>
>>33403300
the japanese name is literally dodo
>>
>>33401554
Love Dodrio. Simple and good.
>>
>>33401554
Used to hate them, now they're some of my favorite pokemon.

Dodrio also got some great buffs in Gen 7.
>>
>one of the best z-mirror move users
>fast and damage
good poke desu
>>
I don't know about you guys, but in Kanto, the Flying type I choose is these guys, not Pidgey or Spearow.
>>
File: dodo.png (112KB, 496x456px) Image search: [Google]
dodo.png
112KB, 496x456px
what if they had 1 head?
>>
>>33401573
Because they have wings and this TM allows them to finally use them.
Same with watersumoning with surf.
>>
>>33404631
Wish this was a variant. Obviously Rock/flying
>>
I think he flies if form of huge jumps and in game fly is just fast travel
>>
>>33404665
>Obviously Rock/flying
Explain.
>>
>>33404631
it'd make them less unique tho
>>
>>33401573

I imagine it's because in battle they can effectively fly by jumping really high and feverishly flapping their little wings and trying to run in the air like a flutter jumping Yoshi and can stay up there for a turn.

Outside of battle they can use Fly as an HM by just running across the continent super fast like a Chocobo. It isn't exactly flying but, it accomplishes the same thing and all you need to make this work is imagination, which is what these games are all about.
>>
>is a normal type

What's normal about having three heads?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.