[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you kidding me, /vp/? I know you got really shitty after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: pikachuinahighchair.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pikachuinahighchair.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
Are you kidding me, /vp/? I know you got really shitty after XY and 20th brought in all the normies, but I still can't fathon how the majority was so wrong.

Sun has been one of the best Pokemon experiences for me in a long time. No joke, it's up there with Platinum for me in terms of sheer quality.
The world layout in some of the best in the series. And it holds so many surprises and memorable moments. Like when those two Team Skull goons catch you off guard in the first trial?
Jesus, /vp/
>>
File: 1470839988669.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1470839988669.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
can't wait for a hundred replies wasted on a bait thread while interesting threads are left to die
>>
>>33398812
/vp/ isn't one person. Some people like it. Some people don't.
>>
Same man, I loved my run of moon. I had a great in game team and enjoyed the whole ride. Hopefully USM improved upon it.
>tfw might reuse the team I had in my original moon run even though that goes against everything
>>
>>33398812
Come on, OP, what did you expect? /vp/ has always been contrarian. People come here to complain, and when there's not much to complain about, they'll make shit up. That's just how it works here. We all know that Sun and Moon were very good (though far from perfect) games, but /vp/ isn't so much a board for enjoying Pokemon as much as it is a board for complaining about Pokemon. Always been that way, always will be.
>>
File: 1501553881805.jpg (108KB, 800x702px) Image search: [Google]
1501553881805.jpg
108KB, 800x702px
>>33398819
>interesting threads

Honestly, we almost never even have those. And when we do, it's almost immediately derailed. This place is just shit on top of shit, and you come here to look for the shit that stinks the least.

The only recent, non-leak thread of value was that thread where Grimsley cheats on his wife.
>>
File: 1443984850295.png (67KB, 253x146px) Image search: [Google]
1443984850295.png
67KB, 253x146px
>>33398860
>that thread
>of any value
>>
>>33398868
I liked it. And compared to everything else on this forsaken board, it's Frasier-tier comedy.
>>
>>33398812
Time to take the bait, though I haven't seen that image with that title in years.

Alola is extremely linear and railroaded. You can almost never go to a required area BEFORE you're required to. The only exceptions I can think of are Memorial Hill and Akala Outskirts on Akala, and Route 10 and Route 11 on Ula'ula. But there's always something blocking you from exploring any further than the story will allow.

Remember Tauros preventing you from going to the Pokémon Center when Kukui wants to do his catching tutorial? Kukui also won't let you go south or down the prior path you took to Iki Town either. That Tauros also prevents you from walking past the Trainer School later, and then prevents you from entering Route 2 from Hau'oli City.
Remember Lillie not letting you walk back to Iki Town when she comes to get you at your house, or go left? She didn't let you go further in Malie City until you went to Malie Garden. And once you're in Malie City, you can't take the bus to Mount Hokulani until after you speak to Lillie in the library.
Remember the painted fences in Hau'oli City preventing you from from exploring the city in a non-linear order? Instead, you have to walk up the main street and go through every cutscene along the way.
Remember the girl on the Stoutland preventing you from going right in Heahea City? And then preventing you from going to Hano Grand Resort until after the plot wants you to go there?
Remember Olivia preventing you from going through Diglett Tunnel until you beat Lana, Kiawe, Mallow, and met Professor Burnet?

Side areas are also completely uninteresting. Seaward Cave, Kala'e Bay, Ten Carat Hill, Blush Mountain, Secluded Shore, etc.

Alola is just a really boring region that's railroaded to hell and back and filled with cutscenes dictating your progress. There is no incentive to explore.
>>
Melemele has a good layout and Akala has a decent layout but Ula'ula and Poni are garbage layouts. This is ignoring how the stricture of the main story undermines all the layouts further.
>>
>>33398976
Some people don't really care that much about the exploration element of Pokemon, though. I was a bit annoyed at the railroading but still enjoyed it much more than the first releases in gens 4, 5, and 6. I also liked the side areas that were there, but more of them would always be better. As someone who liked SM a fair amount, my complaints would be:

In spite of what I just said, I would like more freedom, even if I still have to do the trials in order.
Pokemon availability needs to be improved. I don't have a problem with the dex itself, just the distribution.
The routes have a nice, organic look to them which I enjoyed, but suffer from low traversal complexity as a result.
All of the trial challenges should have been fleshed out more. The fights themselves are fine.
Poni island should be expanded, and/or turn the victory road on the third island into an actual dungeon. I understand that the cavern on Poni was essentially the stand-in for victory road and I enjoyed it well enough, but it still sets itself up to disappoint you once you actually get to the league.

In spite of these issues with the game I still liked it a lot. Will never understand people who think it has to be all or nothing, either a perfect game that is exactly what I want, or the worst game they've ever made. The hype machine is probably what fuels that mentality.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.