[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://lostmediaarchive.wikia.com/w iki/Alternate_Third_Pok%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: SSDX.gif (961KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
SSDX.gif
961KB, 240x180px
http://lostmediaarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_Third_Pok%C3%A9mon_Movie_(lost_script)
THANKS ARCEUS
>>
>The original plot would have delved into the mystery of how the world came to be inhabited by Pokémon and what happened to the real world animals that once existed in the past. This would have been explored through the discovery of a fossil in the Pokémon world; the fossil of a real world tyrannosaurus rex. The fossil would be restored back to life, leading to the creature going on a rampage across the Kanto region. The anime's main protagonists, Ash, his Pikachu, Brock and Misty, and even the shows main antagonists, Team Rocket, would have spent the movie bringing the dinosaurs rampage to an end.

the fuck
>>
>>33392074
>>33392265
What the fuck? How did this even get considered?
>>
>>33392265
>Shudou spent half a year devising this particular plot, which was shot down by the producers under the reason that "A story where a bunch of minerals gain consciousness and comes to life won't be a hit".

but fossils coming to life are inherently cool what the fuck
>>
Literally just a bad, condensed rewrite of
http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/pm_lord_unknown_tower_entei/lord_unknown_tower_entei_mythical_third_movie.html
>>
>>33392278
It's more like "dude what the fuck Pokemon is too big for this kind of leeway now we're trying to phase out actual animals get the fuck out of here."
>>
>>33392294
>The pokemon world is where real-world animals don't exist (the few appearances of real world animals in earlier episodes, he says, is due to the animation staff not paying enough attention)

>people have speculated and theorized for many years just over animators' mistakes
sounds like typical Pokemon to me
>>
>>33392300
yeah I guess that makes sense
>>33392294
> During the film the Tyrannosaurus Rex would have trampled Orchid-Hakase's laboratory, causing the professor to step outside, look at the ruins around him, and say "I thought this time would come someday. But I don't know why it's come to this..."

>it was planned for him to actually know that real-world animals would someday come to life
what
WHAT
>>
>>33392294
>A few days later, the people behind the video games sent over the designs of four new pokemon set to debut in Gold & Silver. Two of those pokemon were Entei and Unknown.

Huh. Interesting that Unown was made that early in development. I wonder who the other 2 Pokemon were.
>>
>The oginal script? (Mr. Shudou's blog is unclear) was discovered and auctioned off for 1 billion yen (about 8 million US dollars) to someone in their 30s going by the name Suu (スー). Will this version of the film ever see the light of day? Only time will tell
>8 million of dollars.
>>
>>33392342
>someone payed the equivalent of 8 million dollars for the original script of a scrapped Pokemon movie
>they haven't shown it off to this day and still have it
>>
File: IMG_0992.jpg (63KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0992.jpg
63KB, 500x620px
>>33392342
>Suu
>Tsuu
>>
>>33392340
The earliest episodes of each anime gen always features Pokemon that were made early in that gen, since the anime staff don't have access to the full dex yet. Chances are it was Heracross and Spinarak, since they appear in really early Johto episodes, yet weren't featured in pre-Johto episodes or in the first or second movie.
>>
>>33392355
Someone has the script to the Rocket VS Plasma episodes from BW too. They posted a single picture of it to gloat.
>>
Fuck you all. His ideas were actually pretty good, including this one. Stop forcing this meme.
They are weird, but way better than what the anime ended up being. This film would have fit with his others ideas about the Pokémon anime and it would have been pretty good.

Maybe not easily marketable, though.

>won't be a hit
Yeah, looks like I'm right.
>>
>>33392421

The producers were smart enough to realize that real animals have no place in the Pokemon universe.
>>
File: 1500045506793.png (167KB, 229x302px) Image search: [Google]
1500045506793.png
167KB, 229x302px
>they kept the original idea of the trex movie
>through meme magic in the movie Ash catches said T-Rex but obviously does not use it and keeps it with Oak
>during the reveal of XY they anounce a movie where someone released the T-Rex again and that something happens with the T-Rex
>Ash and friends go to stop it
>they find the big bad who set the T-Rex free and he has a mega bracelet and uses it during the battle to mega evolve the T-Rex
>Ash now has to defeat a Mega Evolved T-Rex
>>
>>33392421
I think that Shudo was a pretty good scripter too though.
>>
>>33392426
The early seasons do have animals, probably because of his ideas.
>>
>>33392426
Ar that time the pokémon world was weird.
>>
>>33392451
They don't "have animals", they just show the occasional fish, butterfly and worm, and he LITERALLY said that was just because the animators just kinda slipped up and forgot there weren't supposed to be anything like that.
>>
>>33392459
wasn't there a dog in a promotional art? something like that
>>
>>33392451

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/pm_lord_unknown_tower_entei/lord_unknown_tower_entei_mythical_third_movie.html

>The pokemon world is where real-world animals don't exist (the few appearances of real world animals in earlier episodes, he says, is due to the animation staff not paying enough attention)

There were never any real animals, the animators just fucked up.
>>
>>33392472
Same thing. Art drawn by a dude that just didn't think about the fact that dogs don't exist in this world. That shit is harder to remember than you'd think.
>>
>>33392451
>>33392472
>The early seasons do have animals, probably because of his ideas.
i would say it's more classic fuck ups of early seasons from shows, especially coming from something like pokemon that has it's own special world
>>
>>33392487

Plus the only dog Pokemon back then were Growlithe and Arcanine

Something like that would never happen nowadays with all the dog-based Pokemon there are too choose from.

A lot of the real-world reference in Gen 1 can be chalked up to those things not yet having Pokemon equivalents
>>
>>33392273
Blame Shudo. For all the people who hold him up as a genius who had no bad ideas, it's a godsend for Pokémon that there were other writers to keep him in check.

Although I thought his original planned ending to the anime was interesting. (A bit cliche--actually really cliche--but it still would've been interesting to see animated.)
>>
>>33392278
>A story where a bunch of minerals gain consciousness and comes to life won't be a hit
literally the plot of the hit film "Pokemon the First Movie"
>>
>>33392342
That can't be true.

I mean, why bother making a script for the ashnime?
>>
>>33392361
Is there a source for this?
Because the timing doesn't make much sense, by the point the episodes should start production the dex should be full. Either that or GF has shit management.
>>
File: 1503769913420.png (500KB, 1181x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1503769913420.png
500KB, 1181x1181px
>>33392429
yes please

this is actually stupid though, this plot >>33392265 I could almost see working if it had a serious tone like the first few Pokemon movies

could be some cool Attack on Titan shit trying to find out about the real world and shit like that

honestly though how would a T-Rex ever fight something like Charizard for example? it would just get burned to dust while Charizard leisurely flew in the air
>>
>>33392568
That wasn't his planned ending, it was a personal fanfic idea that was more of an "this is how I'd end it if I was in charge" thing rather than something he even considered ever suggesting.
>>
>>33392578
Go shitpost elsewhere, this is a thread for adults.
>>
>>33392622
An actual adults wouldnt waste his time with a 20 year old show where nothing happens though.
>>
>>33392630

There are shows older than Pokemon where even less has "happened"

I.E. Detective Conan

Pokemon is at least divided up into six different series
>>
>>33392586
We have direct confirmation from Yuyama that they had to write the script for the Giratina movie long before Game Freak had finished conceptualizing the Distortion World. That's why they named the world in the movie the Reverse World, by the time GF finished the Distortion World idea, the movie was already in production featuring a world that didn't even remotely resemble it, so they decided to just call it something else to make shit less awkward.
This is also definitely why Kyurem in the Keldeo movie can just transform into BlackKyurem and White Kyurem at will and why Mewtwo in the Genesect movie doesn't need a Mega Stone or a Key Stone - the movie had to be written before Game Freak were done creating these concepts.
So yeah, "GF has shit management" sums it up fine.
>>
>>33392645
I think you mean e.g. you comparing-apples-to-oranges fuck.
>>
>>33392648
>Mewtwo in the Genesect movie doesn't need a Mega Stone or a Key Stone

We also had Diancie and the Latis going Mega without stones in the movies; I always thought it was for the sake of simplifying things.

Like, Kyurem's background was simplified to "it was born at the same time as Reshiram and Zekrom and can harness their powers" which is a lot less complicated than having to absorb Reshiram or Zekrom to transform.
>>
>>33392645
>this other show is shit
>therefore pokemon is not
Not how it works.

>>33392648
Well, that's nice to know but those are more third version concepts. I mean if I were them I'd have the dex ready like a year(give or take a few mons) before release which is more than enough time before the anime preproduction has to begin. Even for all their shit I find it hard GF adds new mons that late into the development of the new gens.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>>33392323
but how would real-world animals be a threat to Pokemon trainers? sure T-Rexes are OP in the realm of real animals but not to super powerful overgods
>>
>>33392586
They've confirmed episodes spend 8 months in production, and probably sit around for a while after that before they air as well. So that sounds about right, actually. Look at ANY Pokemon series and you'll see the first few episodes always feature Pokemon revealed months before the games came out, no matter where in the region they can be found.
>>
>>33392655

>Detective Conan began in 1994 and he still has yet to get his adult body back

>The Pokemon anime began in 1997 and Ash is still 10 years old

It's a fine comparison.
>>
>>33392666
Not so much "add" as "finalize design". You can't exactly have the anime animators start working on an episode featuring a Pokemon that you end up redesigning somewhat while they're still working on it. Animation takes time and they NEED finalizing designs before they can start.
>>
>>33392676
>has yet to get his adult body back
that's the gimmick of the show, you idiot, it has no conclusion, the show is the mystery arc in each episode like SVU or some shit

Pokemon is just an ass commercial for crappy merch.
>>
>>33392676
Yet, unlike Pokemon, Detective Conan has a realistic possibility of coming to an end before the Heat Death of the Universe forces it to, and thus he'll be able to get his body back among everything else at some point.
>>
>>33392673
>8 months
Yeah, that's the time I was thinking about, they can't not have everything 99% settled regarding the new mons that close to release.

But I guess it is shitty management.
>>
>>33392666
The last example was the Mega Pokemon concept in XY. GF had clearly not come up with the Mega Stone/Key Stone shit at the time the movie guys had to start writing that movie, and you can't exactly write those stones into it once GF change their plans either.
>>
>>33392616
Still would be cool to see animated.
>Months and years having passed, Ash, who has become an old man, suddenly remembers the old days.
>It is an embellished memory of childhood.
>A fantasy...
>The imaginary creatures, Pokémon, and their adventure. Friendship. Coexistence.
>That is, in the real human world, something Ash could not possibly encounter.
>However, somewhere in childhood, surely Pikachu and the other Pokémon are there, Jessie and James are there, Mewtwo is there...
>Not just that; everyone Ash encountered on his childhood adventure can be seen in the elderly Ash's eyes.
>Ash hears his mother's voice in his ear.
>"Come along, hurry to bed. You set off on your journey in the morning, don't you?"
>The next morning, woken up by his mother, Ash, once again in the form of a young boy, energetically rushes out of the house.
>This is a search "Not to catch Pokémon, not a journey to become a Pokémon Master, but to discover what I am," a journey with the goal of coexisting with others.
>>
>>33392645
>There are shows older than Pokemon where even less has "happened"
>I.E. Detective Conan
Geez, is it really that bad?, i mean, i watched it so long ago and i was surprised to heard that they still were making episodes, but seriously nothing has happened?, like, conan never found a way to become an adult again or he just like to stay as a child?
>>
File: literal living cancer.jpg (38KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
literal living cancer.jpg
38KB, 500x282px
>>33392701

K I L L
I
L
L

G A M E F R E A K

IT'S THE ONLY FUCKING WAY TO SAVE US

KILL THEM
>>
>>33392691
>>33392692
>comfy thread discussing some articles about the anime production
>suddenly shat up by a bunch of 13 years old "hurr the ashnime sucks and is for babies" faggots
Don't you have a Youtube comment section to sperg in or something?
>>
>>33392718
>TRIGGGERED
>>
>>33392728

He's right though, this thread was going just fine until you underage newfags came in and shat it up.
>>
>>33392714
>kill GF
>let the anime staff live
yeah, no
>>
>>33392738
>not harming the franchise is being underage
>>
File: Charizard.png (418KB, 638x457px) Image search: [Google]
Charizard.png
418KB, 638x457px
>>33392746
Burn the whole thing down desu.

Someone greenlight the T-Rex movie. Dinopocalypse. The natural dexterity and might of the best real killers the world has ever seen versus the special abilities of Pocket Monsters and their trainers.

I wanna see Charizard fight a couple of Dakotaraptors and get fucked up or die trying to save Ash or some shit. Then wrap it up with that Misty scene with Ash's kid followed by this: >>33392703
>>
>>33392738
why are you guys keep replying to obvious bait?
>>
>>33392778
>the ironing
>>
>>33392775
>that Misty scene with Ash's kid
Are there ACTUALLY still people that believe that shit?
>>
File: you seem upset.gif (420KB, 451x338px) Image search: [Google]
you seem upset.gif
420KB, 451x338px
>>33392793
doesn't make it not a good idea
>>
>>33392799
It makes it a pretty retarded idea.
>>
>>33392645
>I.E. Detective Conan
lol no
It's extremely slow, but it does have a story. The Pokémon anime is just a new game advertisement every 3 years.
>>
>>33392676
That only goes for the films and the non-plot related episodes though.
>>
>>33393052
>plot related episodes
shit when did I miss these?
>>
>>33393105
They're impossible to miss, they've always been there.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.