[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 8 on Switch >Triples and Rotations return >Quadruple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: Triple_Battle_V.png (11KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Triple_Battle_V.png
11KB, 256x192px
>Gen 8 on Switch
>Triples and Rotations return
>Quadruple battles are introduced

How will /vp/ react?
>>
Quads sounds a bit to much of a shitshow to work
>>
>>33390832
>How will /vp/ react?
HURR DURR WHY NO NEW MEGAS HURR DUR
>>
I don't remember anyone actually ever doing triples and they only happened once in the story
Quads sound bloated as fuck
>>
>>33390832
Will they also bring back Inverse? I liked Inverse.
>>
Quads is enough of a clusterfuck that you might as well just go straight to 6v6.
>>
Just want horde battles back without lag
>>
Gen 8 will be on Switch.
I want Trips and Rots
Quads are a bit much, but I wouldn't mind.
Really I just wonder what gen 8's gimmick
>>
>Triples and Rotation return
rejoice
>quads
sounds garbage

now where are the new megas
>>
>>33390854
>I don't remember anyone actually ever doing triples
I don't either but I remember it was fun
>>
>>33390832
as long as theres no frame lag, I'm sold
>>
>>33390832
>Gen 8 on Switcg
>Online has it's own interface
>Teambuilder is one of them
>They put Pokemon Showdown in the game
>Showdown team battles are only unranked
How does /vp/ react?
>>
>>33391059
With extreme happiness.
>>
>>33390832
Rather have 6v6 war battles
>>
>>33391059
that's cydonias dream
>>
File: 1503255340307.jpg (21KB, 183x256px) Image search: [Google]
1503255340307.jpg
21KB, 183x256px
>>33391059
>paid online, half-assed Showdown
no thanks
>>
>>33391066
Yes please!
>>
>>33390870
This
>>
File: What 2.jpg (25KB, 283x265px) Image search: [Google]
What 2.jpg
25KB, 283x265px
>>33390832
Why not just skip to 6V6?
>>
>>33390832
>>Triples and Rotations return
Why? They were a bad feature no one used. The only use they ever had was Blissey bases in ORAS. Gen 5's only legacy was a universally ignored feature that the developers wound up removing because it was just that irrelevant.

If you want to do "it just gets more Pokés xD" then go to 6v6 with a board game element and movement/positioning mechanics. Don't just take a successful format like Doubles and say "LET'S ADD LE MORE OF LE SAME"
>>
>gen 5 remakes
>vgc becomes triple/rotation battles for that year
>retards defend it over smogon because "it's offishul"
>>
>all these competitive faggots saying that no one played triples
fuck u fucking autistic pieces of shit triple is the only mode i played
>>
>>33391805
Hey man, don't go dragging Rotations into this, at least that tried to be different.
>>
>>33390832
/vp/ will shit on it, regardless what happens
>>
>>33391864
>triple is the only mode i played
Then you're the autistic one.

Triples is godawful. Rotations are decent at best.
>>
>>33391909
fuck you and your trip
>>
>>33390832
I hope Switch makes dual battles the main story format desu
>>
>>33392284
That's retarded. It'd be better if there was an option for single vs double. This would also mean at least two Pokemon on each trainer. Win-win.
>>
>>33392303
Nah, that's dumb and makes no sense. Doubles are the official format, there's no reason to keep singles around as anything but a novelty.
>>
I wouldn't mind quad battles but the 3DS can hardly handle double battles.
>>
>>33392320
Singles are the best format. Doubles, and by extension VGC, are shit.
>>
>>33391699
And they should make it where it removes text to make it look like a war
>>
>>33390832
>How will vp react
THIS IS THE FUCKING WORST GEN LOOK AT THE SHITTY PROTAGONISTS AND THE SHITTY DESIGNS AAAAAAAA GAMEFREAK IS SO BAD AT GAMES
>>
>>33392332
>Singles are the best format.
For autistics, because they have few factors and are easily controlled with a few specific moves. For neurotypicals, doubles are objectively superior, providing deeper strategy, faster battles and the full breadth of abilities and moves, many of which are useless in the obsolete "singles" format.
>>
What if they re-introduced triples on a story event like you and 2 allies vs the final boss or something like that.
>>
>>33392762
t. sub-1400 shitter

Come back and give your opinion when you've cutted at least 2 regionals-level events
>>
>>33393718
Mabye not a final boss but definitally an evil team boss
>>
>>33391066
This sounds cool, actually. It'd be a clusterfuck, but it would also feel pretty intense. An all-or-nothing, all-out brawl. Hopefully your team isn't shitty enough to get wiped out by an Earthquake.

>>33391874
>>33391805
I actually loved Rotation battles. The mind games were fun, and it wasn't as unwieldy and awkward as Triples.

I'm actually a big fan of alternate battle styles, and I'd like to see them toy with them more. I'd like something simple and fun, that doesn't have obnoxious rules or limitations (Sky Battles.) I wish the Wonder Launcher gimmick stayed, though I could see stall teams abusing it.
>>
>>33390832
Battle Royale already exists anon.
>>
>>33390832
>Triples and Rotations return
Nobody cares about those gimmick modes. They should just introduce more megas
>>
I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who unironically enjoyed rotation battles. I also really liked the Wonder Launcher. It felt so fresh in those battle types.
>>
Scrum Battles. No turns, just select your attacks as fast as possible
>>
That would require trainers to have more than 3 pokemon. Meaning there would probably be only one quad battle in the whole game.
>>
>>33390832
Call it Chaos Battle and id dug it. Be interesting at least
>>
>>33390854
I did, loved them and rotaion battles. Was fun working with 3 times the pokemon and opponents
>>
>>33390832
I played a lot of Battle Maison Triples.
It was fun, and a lot easier to abuse than Doubles, since there are some very spammable strategies and it relies even more than doubles on immediate offensive synergy, which AI teams don't tend to have.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.