[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing Pokemon Sage >have to grind 20 levels in order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

>playing Pokemon Sage

>have to grind 20 levels in order to beat the second gym

Seriously, they should at least give you a lucky egg at that point. Grinding is just a matter of patience anyway, there isn't any point in putting the lucky egg further in the game.
>>
File: 1422552161488.png (713KB, 1376x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1422552161488.png
713KB, 1376x1600px
>>33383631
Have you tried Pokemon Clover, anon? It's a fun game.
>>
>>33383646

Gonna play it once I finish the sage demo
>>
>>33383631
How else do you expect to have TEN HOURS OF GAMEPLAY, anon?
>>
>>33383631
You're the reason why Masuda made X/Y easy, congrats. I didn't have to grind more than 4-5 levels to beat the 2nd gym. Maybe learn something about strategy and type balance
>>
>>33384342
They fixed that in sm though. I used the exp share and I was still underleveled
>>
>>33383631
Is the game fully out now?
>>
git gud
>>
>>33383631
>have to grind 20 levels
That's cumulative, right? I mean you didn't have to grind each individual member of your team up 20 levels because that would be ridiculous. More like 4 levels each for a 5-man team, I imagine?

That said, I did have to do a lot of grinding too. The problem is that the demo's built with the expectation that you will only get a full team just before the third gym - if at all - & people like me & I imagine you are going around catching everything we like the look of & want to try them all out & end up having to do a grind-o-rama any time we want to use a different one of our fourteen party mons. If you weren't doing that though then you have no excuse and need to git gud
>>
File: 1502849340653.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1502849340653.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>33384988

>Is the game fully out now?
>>
>>33385034

Got 4 pokemon from level 20 to 23, and 2 pokemon from level 21 to 25.

I fought every trainer and was still underleveled, since i changed a couple pokemons during my playthrough. Doesn't help that picking Foliat is like picking Charmander in Red. So getting Koberus and Lumishroom was vital for me to beat the gym.
>>
File: GitGud.png (3KB, 204x218px) Image search: [Google]
GitGud.png
3KB, 204x218px
>>33385116
Yeah I was in a similar situation except I boxed the Lumishroom in favour of bringing Minarac back. Beat her on the 2nd attempt after Acupressure shenanigans from Taomarin (unexpected MVP of the run). I expect a lot of people said about Stella's difficulty in the feedback survey so they'll prolly be looking at how they handle that. Still, you shouldn't need to be Lv25 for that fight
>>
>>33383631
>>33385034
>>33385116
i also remember having a tough time trying to get past the first gym, i had the fire starter and 3 pokemon with physical super effective moves, the leader's first pokemon had crazy strong defense so i wasn't doing too well since i was saving my starter for last, ended up getting wreck by the gym leader's last pokemon.
Even though i had cleaned every trainer before getting to the town i found myself with very little cash and in need to grind for a good hour before trying the gym again, this time cheesing my way to victory by spamming sand attack before getting my starter in and then having to attack it for a good while to kill it.
The trip between the first gym to the next town was also fucking terrible, since it was too long and by the time i got there i had only 1 out of my 5 pokemon at time alive.
>>
>>33385238
Same experience here (except my only ice-SE was on Capig so I just ended up Defence Curling up, hitting Rollout & keeping my fingers crossed).
That said, I do like the fact that the gym leaders are a real challenge, & that you can expect to lose the first time you face them because there'll always be some surprise lurking in their team

Did put about the arduous back-&-forthing on the way to Legato in the feedback survey & suggested a heal spot somewhere on the way (even if it's just a one-off after the rival or Aurum fight) - hopefully others have suggested something similar because the trip back to the PC did get tedious after a while
>>
>>33383737
It's just as grindy as Vega, but the Gyms are easier.
>>
personally, i didn't need to grind on the demo, but i only used two pokemon as opposed to six so
>>
File: 8316.jpg (18KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
8316.jpg
18KB, 500x376px
>used a mono normal team of six
>beat the gym on second attempt
Did I just unknowingly grind to high hell before the gym by keeping my Pokemon levels balanced?
>>
Can Quetzar be a meme as well?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.