[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Sun" and "Moon" is retarded. What kind of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: th.jpg (17KB, 283x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
17KB, 283x300px
"Sun" and "Moon" is retarded. What kind of parents named their child after celestial bodies?

After Red, all protagonists have normal names.

What do you think is a good name for them?
>>
Except their names aren't Sun/Moon. Their names are whatever you named them.
>>
her official name is mizuki
>>
>>33380970
You mean Fuckboy the Boy Blunder and Chickenshit?
>>
>>33380995
Exactly.

We need new canon names that sound good and fit the theme.

Or not. Brendan/May didn't.
>>
>>33380977
I like Moon better.
>>
>>33380967
Elio and Selene. Really weirds me out how these names didn't become widespread in /vp/.
>>
>>33380967
I don't know what possessed Gamefreak to keep the opposite MC from the story when they've been in other games. Their names wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>33380967
Another good name is Levant for Sun, which means the direction of the rising sun.
Roshan, Ravi, Aelius, Ishan are other Sun theme names.

Mahina also works for Moon, a Hawaiian name for a Hawaiian character.
Aisha, Diana, Soma, Zelenia are other "moon" theme names.

Mind you, there were more, but I tried to avoid ones that matched too closely to other character names.
Cynthia, Salena, Celena are examples that I tried to not use.
Samson is another for Sun that I avoided for obvious reasons.

They are just examples, you can always look up other names that would work for Sun and Moon,
>>
>>33381054
>issue

GF isn't as autistic as canonfags are.
>>
Red name was a weird retcon, in early material and the default options he was "Satoshi", but then Gold came and they went just with Red. It would make sense if they followed the trend, but nope, they just use the "version names" when there is no canon name yet. They even retconned Gold name into Ethan/Hibiki.
>>
All the trainers and rival have a civilian name and a "color name" from the game's name.
>>
>>33381097
I honestly feel like Satoshi/Ash and Shigeru/Gary is a much more fitting name for the Kanto protagonist and rival, but that would likely cause confusion to people who only follow the anime or games and not both.
>>
>>33380967
>After Red
Red is a normal name. Uncommon though
I'm sure Blue is too but it's really rare
>>
"Luna" is actually a female name.
"Sol" can be short for "Soledad" that is a female name as well.
>>
>>33380967
>What kind of parents named their child after celestial bodies?

White trash, mostly
>>
>>33380967
>"Sun" and "Moon" is retarded. What kind of parents named their child after celestial bodies?

none. the names are just representative of the versions. I remember when Pkmn Black and White came out and people called Hilbert "Trainer Black" and Hilda "Trainer White" because their actual names haven't been revealed yet so that color and object naming is a thing because that's what happens in games.
Red Player, Green Player and Blue Player facing off together in a match of...I dunno, Heroes of Might and Magic 3. You get the idea.
>>
>>33381104
Why? Nobody called him Red until GS came out.
>>
>>33381097
>>33381230
Several manga adaptions at the time called him Red. Both PokeSpe and the Clefairy gag manga, and some other 4koma manga. Only the Zensho manga called him Satoshi, and another manga even called him Shu. Red was always one of the selectable default along with Satoshi and Jack.

Saying Satoshi was the main thing he was called and no one called him Red is just asinine.
>>
>>33380967
Sol and Luna are spanish names.

Better than Rojo y Amarillo
>>
>>33381069
They're not Hawaiian
>>
my personal headcanon
Red-Ash
Blue-Gary
Gold-Jim
Silver-Paul
>>
>>33380967
Named my after a sun, you can get some cool sun names
>>
>>33381457
...Jim?
>>
>>33381024
Selene in english.
>>
>>33381527
He was called Jimmy in the anime special...I guess? Or something.
But anyway, Sun/Moon are officially named Yoh/Mizuki and Elio/Selene in english.
>>
>>33380967
You mean Shaman King and Naruto's Shit Sensei?
>>
>>33380967
Their names are Yoh and Mizuki though
>>
>>33380977
You mean canon, moon is also official.

>>33381028
Sun and Selene*
>>
>>33381205
>BW protag names
I remember this.
Anyone else remember their placeholder names being Whitlea and Blake for a while? Weird.
>>
wtf is "Elio" thats not a name
>>
>>33381612
>wtf is "Elio" thats not a name
Wtf is your post? That's not a sentence.
>>
>>33381527
as >>33381558 replied, he was called Jimmy in the raikou special.

Also, Ash is made of 3 letters, and so is Jim. And Gary is made of 4 letters, and so is Paul
>>
>>33381609
yes. saw that being covered on youtube by some poketuber, actually.
>>
>>33380967
Hey don't make light of those based names. I named my kid mars and everyone is always intrigued by him
>>
Luna is a pretty good female name desu
>>
Sol and Luna are common spanish names,I don't know why you find them retarded the make more sense than X and Y
>>
>>33380967
How bout Sol and Luna? Lets say Sol's parents were cultist and leave it at that.
>>
>>33381457
Ash and Jimmy fucking sucks.
>>
>>33383194
>naming a boy Sol
>>
>>33383696
Yeah I forgot to say they are common female spanish names even trough "El sol" is correct and "La Sol" is incorrect
>>
>>33380967
Aren't their names Selene and whatever that guy's name was though?

Also there's a bitch named Leaf.
>>
>>33380967
Sean and Mona
>>
File: Isa-Brown.jpg (42KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Isa-Brown.jpg
42KB, 700x700px
>>33380970
>Chicken is canon
I'm ok with this
>>
>>33383732
Cuz is "La soledad" and not "El soledad"
>>
I was about to name the female protagonist in SM Sunny because I have the sun version. I ended up naming her after myself. If I knew anything about the story line I would have named her Lilo and named Solgaleo Stitch for shit and giggles.

>>33381097
Werent their canon names supposed to be Ninten and Sony or they were joke names or something? I don't remember where I heard about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (809KB, 1500x2083px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
809KB, 1500x2083px
>>
>>33380967
People name their kids retarded shit all the time. For example, the other a lady named her newborn daughter "Eclipse" because of the eclipse that happened recently. That's a fucking stupid name.

Others might have named their daughter Raychelleh (but pronounced it Rachael) others call their son Jaysunn (pronounced Jason).

Don't be a fucking faggot, people. "Sun" and "Moon" is retarded but people do stuff like this all the time.
>>
>>33384177
I remember some dumb bitch named her daughter KVIIItlynn or something like that (because VIII is eight so the name is a shitty pun). I think a Chinese couple a long time ago wanted to name their baby @ but it was pronounced as an actual chinese name or some shit, too. So Sun and Moon aren't that bad when you think about it.
>>
>>33384294
I heard about that KVIIItlyn name, cringed like no other has before.
>>
>>33383751
Selene is the translation of the name used in merch for the girl, yeah. Moon is another official name though so the complaint is still valid.

The male is Sun, though he has also been called elio.

As for leaf, its a name decided by the fanbase out of the optional ones but she has no canon name either.
>>
>>33380967
Remember Kim Kardashian's daughter's name is North West.
>>
>>33383931
Ninten and Sony are the placeholder names originally present in the script. All the games have such placeholder names, I think Mizuki's placeholder name is Lana or something.
>>
File: lillie-attacks-sun.jpg (56KB, 540x585px) Image search: [Google]
lillie-attacks-sun.jpg
56KB, 540x585px
>>33384177
true
my niece has a fucking apostrophe in her name (her name is pronounced like a normal fucking name at least)
still kind of mad at my sister for doing that shit

>>33383696
hot as fuck
>>
>>33381028
>>33381612

>Elio
>Elium
>Helium

Is not that difficult
>>
>>33381028
Fucking this
>>
>>33380967
It's Gold according to Pokemon Company's Twitter. They named the Gen2 boy Gold when they showed off all the Pokedex certificates.

It was

-Red
-Gold
-May
-Dawn
-Hilbert
-Calem
-???
>>
>>33381339
Well, the kids are from Kanto

You could say the same thing for Red and Blue, except Aoi and Akari are real names in Japanese.

I think you are looking for issues with Gen 7, and there are a lot, but you don't need to pick at ones that don't exist.
>>
>What kind of parents named their child after celestial bodies?
I know a Thai couple that named their sons earth and mars
>>
>>33380967
Read the manga you hobbit, there the protagonists are even called after their editions. So diamond, pearl, gold, silver, even leaf is a name.
>>
File: ultra-sun-moon-66059.jpg (106KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ultra-sun-moon-66059.jpg
106KB, 640x360px
Are the Ultra protags supposed to be the same ones or are they new characters?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.