[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the Serebii forums? They discuss the rivalry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: serebiibanner.jpg (24KB, 667x125px) Image search: [Google]
serebiibanner.jpg
24KB, 667x125px
What do you think of the Serebii forums? They discuss the rivalry between Ash and Paul and pity badges.
>>
Here are the links.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?659227-Do-fans-overblow-the-whole-quot-Ash-has-his-Kanto-badges-handed-to-him-quot-thing

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?655815-What-s-so-special-about-the-Ash-Paul-rivalry
>>
they just don't understand.
>>
>>33380290
About what?
>>
>>33380302
everything
>>
>>33380261
I can understand possibly because the forum attracts a lot of dumb annoying children, but the rules of those subforums are too strict.
>>
>>33380261
I joined the forums circa 2011 at the tender age of 14, and after a bunch of hijinks in which I basically caused the downfall of quite a few guilds I ditched the place and ended up finding /vp/ and 4chan. I'll probably greentext the whole charade at a later date since it is almost 1 am here.
>>
Better than /vp/
>>
>>33380378
They're strict because children need rules.
>>
>>33380261
All forums sucks, end of story.
>but.
ALL OF THEM!

We don't speak of forums on 4chan.
>>
>>33382133
Who is we?
>>
>>33380261
>Serebii forums
Is it 2006 again?
>>
>>33382147

Even to this day, I still remember the massive shitflinging that took place before, during and after the Iron Island episodes regarding the possibility of Ash being given a Riolu egg by Riley or not. Man, those were the times.
>>
>>33382147
You guys should have been on serebii back in 2004-2005. So much Misty trolls who had nothing better to do then rant on serebii about Misty leaving and how much they hated the show after she left. Honestly the Misty Vs. May debates were my favorite time being on serebii.

I was still in High School at the time, so i would come home and spend half a day debating with crazy Misty fans who kept coming up with conspiracy theories of Misty returning. Some of them were so delusional they used to claim the anime would be canceled unless Misty returned.

Half these people late on revealed they had autism/aspergers. No wonder they couldn't get over Misty leaving
>>
Why don't you fuck off, Scott?
>>
>>33380261
Fuck off Scott.
>>
Why.do.you.care.so.much.about.what.people.do. on.serebii.it's.almost.like.you're.obsessed.with.joes.forums.
>>
>>33382780
Because in the early/mid 2000's, forums like serebii and bulbagarden was where everyone discussed the anime and games. There was no social media back then and no /vp/, so there wasn't much else to go unless you went to even shittier forums like pokecommunity or obscure sites.

As I said, what I remember most about serebii was the sheer mass of nutjob Misty fans who sat there for over a decade trolling forums about Misty leaving. For some reason they thought ranting on forums or trying to champion Misty over every girl that came after her was something productive. What a bunch of morons.
>>
>>33382819
you're talking about weedle, aren't you
>>
>>33380261
>What do you think of 4chan's /vp/ board? We discuss about who has the worst taste in waifus and pity gen/starter wars.
>>
>>33380261
I come here so I don't have to go there.
>>
>>33382822
He was one of the crazeiest ones, but there were dozens of others too. It's like they were mentally incapable of accepting that Misty's character was gone and would constantly make up their own rumors of her returning and then they actually believed their own crap.

I think these last 15 years of Misty staying gone permanently since 2002, and the writers not even giving her cameos past 2005 and not even putting her in Movie 20, really just puts into perspective how utterly moronic these Misty fanboys actually were.

They seriously believed the Pokemon anime was about Misty somehow.
>>
I've always loved that the main reason Serebii.net took off is because the former Bulbagarden staff supported it as Bulbagarden's successor. That really came back to bite them later.
>>
>>33382886
All those people were teenagers back then though, if you're speaking in the early 2000's. I don't think any of that matters now.
>>
Serebiiforums was slow as fuck 10 years ago. Dunno what happened there.

>>33382756
How did they react to her arc in early Hoenn?
>>
>>33382956
Most of those Misty fans weren't even watching at the time, they also said they quit in the middle of Johto and came back and were surprised to see a new girl in Misty's place. Most of them didn't even know Misty was gone until we were like a year into Hoenn already.

The Misty fans who did watch Hoenn then eventually liked May and became huge fans of Contestshipping. It's kind of ironic in a way, I notice a lot of Misty fans online now say May is their second favorite girl after Misty, besides the ones who never watched her or just like Iris instead.
>>
>>33382956
If you meant Misty's Togepi arc, they liked it of course but were sad Misty left again and Togetic left.
>>
>>33380261
We get it you smoke weed
>>
I met my fiance at serebii forums in 2008, it was an OK forum back then, now It turned into a shithole.
>>
>>33380261
They are shit, they have always been shit, and the fact that they bring their shit here pisses me off.
>>
>>33382175
>Iron Island episodes
Loved it when Ash battled the Greyjoys
>>
>>33382909
Archiac was around back then.
>>
File: What a twat.png (1MB, 1200x1249px) Image search: [Google]
What a twat.png
1MB, 1200x1249px
>>33383337
>Ash battled the Greyjoys and thought he'd win
mfw
>>
I think the only reason you don't see many Misty fans on forums like bulbagarden/serebii anymore is for two reasons:

1. Most of those people are now 25-30 year old adults, whereas back in the early 2000's they were all teenagers. So now that they're adults they moved on from pokemon or got busy in real life.

2. Most of them are on tumblr now instead, where they can freely worship Misty/pokeshipping without getting into debates with fans of other girl characters.

As someone who has been in the online pokemon forum since 2002, easily the funniest thing about being around 15 years was just watching the entire Misty fandom just completely crash and burn. I've never seen an entire group of literally thousands (millions?) of people completely proven wrong about something like Misty fans were.
>>
>>33383360
To be fair Drowned God was OP
>>
Remember CyberCubed from Serebii? He's the OP, and has been hiding in this God-forsaken site ever since he got banned from serebii.
>>
>>33383395
He was the biggest autist there.
>>
>>33383271
Oh shit were you the two with the two wobbufett avatars?
>>
>>33380261
>Serebii forums
The name is bringing back memories.
>>
>>33382819
>productive
You are talking about internet forums right?
>>
>>33383395
CyberCubed aka Scott, is also a 37 year old manchild who spends all of his time posting on pokemon communities like serebii, /vp/, gamefaqs, and anywhere else anyone will discuss with him his retarded ideas, his love of misty, and other pokemon fanbase drama.

If someone on /vp/ asks you, or in general, what you or the general community thinks about some obscure faggot from tumblr or serebii, or that person namedrops random obscure faggots from tumblr or serebii, that person is guaranteed to be an overweight 37 year old man with an unhealthy obsession with pokemon.
>>
>>33380261
>be me, 2006
>pokemon mystery dungeon comes out
>die in dungeon
>wait? People can save me with this code?
>think emails cost money
>sign up for serebiiforums
>use email [email protected]
>realize serebii is on admin validation
>I'm in, make friends with a bunch of weirdos saving people in dungeons
>learn emails are free
>fuck you joe I'm making my own forums
>make my own forums
>learn to code in html
>get like 500 members
>relatively active forum
>make website
>learn to graphic design
>go back to serebii because fuck running your own site this is stupid
>forums still go on
>become friends with all the staff on serebii somehow
>become a junior in high school (c.2009)
>fuck internet friends they're dumb
>have real friends
>end up majoring in web & graphic design
>graduate from college
>freelance work sucks

It's Joe's fault I am where I'm at right now
He clicked validate.

Now I'm going back to school as a 24 year old to major in business.
>>
>>33383778
It's not Joe's fault, it's your fault for majoring in web and graphic design and not computer engineering. In what universe did anyone in 2009 tell you that graphic design was a good idea? Especially in the middle of the Great Recession?
>>
>>33383778
>Now I'm going back to school as a 24 year old to major in business.
Glad to see you are at least staying consistent with poor decisions.
>>
File: 1503175894796.jpg (61KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1503175894796.jpg
61KB, 500x281px
>>33382857
>and the writers not even giving her cameos past 2005
But anon
>>
File: did they deserve this suffering.png (619KB, 1524x877px) Image search: [Google]
did they deserve this suffering.png
619KB, 1524x877px
I was browsing around looking for some salty mistyfags and found this piece of gold.
>>
File: gotcha fucker.png (653KB, 1338x1173px) Image search: [Google]
gotcha fucker.png
653KB, 1338x1173px
>>33383388
>drowned god was OP
No he wasn't, Ash just fucked up facing Euron "Finger up her Bum" Greyjoy.
>>
>>33384070
Misty fans have been doing this for decades, it's nothing new. You should have seen how many of them thought Misty would return to the cast in mid-AG, or how many of them thought Misty was going to get a huge comeback in DP which of course never happened.
>>
>>33380642
Please do anon
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.