[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Platinum would had been introduced the (full) walking pokémon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: AS.png (22KB, 258x194px) Image search: [Google]
AS.png
22KB, 258x194px
If Platinum would had been introduced the (full) walking pokémon, it'd be the best pokémon game
>>
I wouldn't say that. One thing I disliked about walking Pokémon is not being able to turn it off. What if I wanted to go through Johto like I did when I was a kid where it's just my player character? I don't always want an outdoors battle to start with my Pokémon coming in from the side. It's a neat feature to have, but it shouldn't be forced.
>>
>>33379634
No. Between many others flaws, It was slow as fuck
>>
>>33379695
It may be slow, but that's more of an issue with the engine than with gameplay design. If you bring up HMs, I think every other game with 5+ HMs counts as well for that complaint, since you'd need two Pokémon anyway to have them all.
>>
I keep trying replay platinum. Game is just way too slow
>>
Dude it's just a gimmick, no big deal if it is or not
>>
>>33379676
This so much, I don't get why so many people care about this feature.
Adds nothing game-wise except for the shitty leaf crowns or whatever and throws an out-of-place Pokemon sprite behind you at all times.
There's way more to fix before we worry about implementing a feature as worthless as following again.
>>
>>33379676
You mean when you were playing GSC you didn't imagine your Pokémon walking alongside you?
>>
File: Francine51.jpg (96KB, 482x663px) Image search: [Google]
Francine51.jpg
96KB, 482x663px
>>33382006
>namefagging in 2017
>>
>>33379729 #
No buddy. It was an engine issue that DRASTICALLY affected the game design

I do like Sinnoh; and I hope the remake make some justice to that generation. But going through it was the worst, even the battles were slow and got improved in HG/SS.
Imo no other generation was so painful in that way; not even R/G/B/Y slowness or forcing you to use rock smash for R/S/E
>>
>>33379695
>>33379729
>>33382069
>slow
does /vp/ have adhd?
platinum has the most in game trainers a biggest region and playing through it STILL takes less than playing through BW/BW2 since there's not nearly as many text dumps and forced mini cutscenes as gen 5
you people have your priorities out of wack
>>
>>33382141
It's slow because it runs slowly even with animations off the health take forever to drop to zero
>>
>>33381624
>This so much, I don't get why so many people care about this feature.
Aesthetics. On the surface Pokemon's a game about going on a comfy/epic adventure with a team of your favorite super powered monsters you've personally built/customized since their first forms. Of course fans would want to increase that sense of immersion by having one of their party walking with them.
>>
>>33382170
>take forever
It's nowhere near that bad at all.
There's literally comparison videos of battles on YouTube.
You people are overdramatic.
I'd be more impatient Bianca, Hugh or a farm dog taking up game time instead of the actual gameplay, anyways.
>>
>>33382187
>skipping trainers in ANY Pokemon game
I did this in Blue, when I was 6.
You must be underage.
My condolences.
>>
>>33382141
Can you read yourself for a second? You have to go through the ENTIRE "big" region in a slow game. Not only that, the battles where a pain in the ass too, not even togglin the animation off can make them faster. I would rather skip trainers than battle on Sinnoh. And also; smashing "A" in every other gen allowed you to skip the text at last

God; stop letting nostalgia blind you
>>
>>33382198
>"big"
it literally is bigger than every other gen
quotation marks trying to come off as condescending don't work here, sweetie
>turning animations off don't make them faster
Impossible not to make them faster.
You're not helping your argument in any way with obviously false dramatization.
Very child-like btw.
You can speed text in gen 4.
Fortunately there's not gen 5 tier text dumps to be forced on you.
>>
>>33382197
The anon I was quoting was complaining about "too much texts", you lost faggot. That's was an alternative if he didn't want to battle trainers, becouse he didn't seems to care about the plot at all. I want to skip them, but I forced myself to battle with every trainer

Damn you are the embodiment of /vp/, just a pice of lil shit
>>
>>33382238
>forced myself to play the game
Embarrassing
You can't skip every text box from the beginning in gen 5.
Everybody that tries to defend that abortion of a generation LOSES.
That gen was the great decline by starting every wrong trend in Pokemon.
Sorry boyo.
>>
>>33381624
hey mr autism. don't worry. ill put this into terms you understand. it's a relatively low investment (pokemon have had individual overworld sprites since gen iii) that yields an exponentially larger positive response from the fans.
>>
>>33382197
skipping trainers is only okay when we feel overleveled
>>
File: 1503528588229.png (2KB, 186x150px) Image search: [Google]
1503528588229.png
2KB, 186x150px
>>33379729
>>33382141
>>33382193
>>33382197
>>33382225
>>33382248
The nostalgia here is disgusting. This thread has no use anyomore

I can't wait to hear this fags complain about the remake
>>
Gen 4 is slow if you're a retard playing on an emulator
>>
>>33382040
I want to _HUG that rabbit.
>>
>>33382141
i agree with you anon. I've tried to play through B+W a couple of times but its really, extraordinarily dull. The characters, their scenes, Cheren and Bianca, the dream world... all very slow. The Gen 4 engine itself may have been slow, but at least the story didn't drag you down
>>
File: 1460613060584.png (259KB, 358x339px) Image search: [Google]
1460613060584.png
259KB, 358x339px
I was 13 when Diamond and Pearl came out and 15 for Platinum. When I was playing the game, I was having way too much fun to realize the slow pace of the game's engine. Because it had been about a year since I had played Emerald, I had forgotten any frame of reference I may have had. It was something I noticed years later when I saw it being discussed here on /vp/. I was all: "Yeah, wow. The engine is pretty damn slow." Some people here are willing to blow that out of proportion and claim that Platinum is the worst in the series. It's like a meme or something. A major flaw, yes, but it's not a game-breaker. Every game has it's major flaw (and despite that, every Pokemon game is enjoyable), but I found Platinum's to be one of the less detrimental ones. After replaying the game for the first time a few weeks back, I beat it around the 24 hour mark, and that's with exploring every inch of the map, talking to every NPC, fighting every trainer, and even a some grinding.

Slow engine aside, it's easily one of the better games.
>>
>>33382431
Platinum can't be the worst because DP exist, but I personally don't care for the game itself.
>>
>>33382141
It means slow as in ACTUALLY slow, the game has small load times for everything you do, even individual move animations, saving can take up to a minute
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.