[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's his motive? He says he wants to be a Pokemon master

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 150px-Ash_SM.png (49KB, 150x372px) Image search: [Google]
150px-Ash_SM.png
49KB, 150x372px
What's his motive?
He says he wants to be a Pokemon master
But what constitutes a Pokemon master?
What exactly is he trying to reach?
When will he believe he has accomplished his goal?
What's his endgame?
>>
>>33379039
His endgame is to buy a bike, go home to Kanto and have like 5 babies with Misty.
>>
File: piMvnIW[1].png (3MB, 1900x2693px) Image search: [Google]
piMvnIW[1].png
3MB, 1900x2693px
>>33379039

From an M20 tie-in manga:

Ash: I'm gonna be the world's greatest Pokemon Master!
Makoto: What's that?
Souji: That means you're going to become the world's greatest Pokémon Trainer, right?
Ash: Nope, it's above that! It's far, far, above that!

Pokemon Master doesn't mean being the best, it's something far beyond that.

Basically, it's intentionally vague to justify Ash's endless quest.
>>
>>33379077
>HE HAS NO ENDGAME
Oh my
>>
>>33379085
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
>>
Its a goal like victory in iraq. No clear definition. Just an excuse to never age and keep adventuring
>>
>But what constitutes a Pokemon master?
That will never be answered in order to ensure his journey never ends.
Though that doesn't meant he's allowed to win a league tournament because that'll require them to raise the bar next season and have him choke against the Elite Four which would be infinitely more crushing than a tourney loss.
>>
>>33379039
he's an slave to a multi billion corporation,

his purpose is to live in an eternal limbo just to promote a commercial product
>>
File: img000004.png (3MB, 1900x2693px) Image search: [Google]
img000004.png
3MB, 1900x2693px
>>33379077
>tie-in
It's the adaptation of the movie, dumbass
>not posting the translated scan
Literally why?
>>
Rather than something like the King of the Pirates or becoming the Hokage, I'm pretty sure the reason they never defined the term is so that kids can interpret it any way they want when they watch the anime or play the games

For some, it's catching em all
For some, it's the hall of fame
For some, it's beating all their friends
For some, it's the World Championships
For some, it's assembling the strongest team

Rather than a goal with a set end point, this allows the audience their own interpretation for what to be invested into,
"I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was" can mean whatever you believe it should
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.