[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like Misty but hate Iris? They're basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

File: 1426982217765.png (42KB, 150x273px) Image search: [Google]
1426982217765.png
42KB, 150x273px
Why do people like Misty but hate Iris? They're basically the same character.
>>
>>33375853
Misty's design is slightly less repulsive. I really don't know what they were thinking with that outfit, those colors and that overly bulky hair. Why is all her hair puffy except for her pasted on bangs? Who designed this shit.
>>
>>33375853
Iris had potential that they completely botched up and made her irritating as a result of not going through the development she needed that was already set up.
>>
>>33375853
I don't like either of them, but Misty is designed better than this ..whatever this is
>>
>>33375919
>>33375939

Emma is similar but a much, much better design. BW2 Iris is much better too.
>>
>>33375968
Emma's design is actually very nice. She doesn't look like she's wearing a weird wig and has a better personality overall
>>
>>33375853
Misty develops and actually banters.
Iris is just a cunty, no homo.
>>
>>33375853
Because we love /pol/.
>>
>>33375853
>Misty grew as a trainer and developed as a person.
>Misty stopped being Tsundere archetype number 512 and became a calm more and rational person.
>Iris stayed the same throughout B and W. Seriously, I bet that you could watch the first and last episode of the saga and not tell any difference between Iris's first appearance and her last one.
>>
>>33375853
Gingers > POC
>>
>>33375853
because she got a spot in the anime but Hilda didn't because DAT ASS and sexualization.

t. genuine Hildafag

but it's a good thing at the end of the day if you think about it. the anime series was crap after DP and it was kinda stale before that already.
>>
>>33376184
>Loving dirty redheads
Anon...

>>33376194
If Hilda was in the anime, they'll censored her.
>>
>>33375853
Because of racism and nostalgia.
>>
>>33375853
They are nothing a like outside superficial similarities.

Iris was just unnecessarily bitchy and haughty, even if Ash was an idiot, he wasn't the little shit he was in the OS. Plus Misty matured. Sure she had a reduced role, but she honest to god matured and even ended up looking after her older sisters messes, while Iris continues to act like the kid she criticizes Ash to be and on her silly little adventure with op handouts like Dragonite.
>>
>>33375853
Shitty clothes and shitty hair, Misty clothes are boner inducing.
>>
>>33376194
I don't know why some Hildafags wish she was in the anime post DP. Serena was ruined in the anime, and now you can't talk about her as the female protagonist of XY, but rather Ash's bitch. Hell, May and Dawn suffer this to a lesser extent. Hilda and Rosa were spared.
>>
>>33376943
I think the reason Hilda was ignored is also because the girl had no subplot to do in BW. In the BW games the Contests didn't exist but there was also nothing to fill the void. Since Ash will always do Gyms the female lead has to be relegated to side activities or just be a token follow along like Misty/Iris.
>>
>>33376194
hilda sucks
>>
>>33376943
absolutely, I'm glad they were spared, they'd have been reduced to ash's bitches too
>>33376947
kalos had nothing either and the anime went and invented some kalos queen shit for serena
>>
Nostalgia and tsunderefags
>>
>>33376930
This, Misty was a bitch but so was OS Ash. Iris treatment to Ash is unwarranted.
>>
>>33376998
suck? your mother's shithole should have sucked you right back in, faggot. stop hating on my waifu!

>>33376943

>I don't know why some Hildafags wish she was in the anime post DP.

they just want more content with her but deep down in their hearts they know, just like I do, that it's a bad idea because the anime is shit.
>>
>>33376947
>In the BW games the Contests didn't exist but there was also nothing to fill the void.

there is this music theatre thing in Nimbasa City. I still haven't checked it out. That must be the replacement though because that's where you get your fashion case (prop case).
>>
Ash would sometimes bite back when Misty nagged him, it made for amusing banter between the two.
Also Misty was able to use slapstick violence, while Iris' only ammo was a crap catchphrase.

Oh, and Misty was boner fuel.
>>
>>33377536
>>
YOU'RE SUCH A KID ASH XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
Racism by fans and her shit personality by being a bitch throughout the show.

However Iris is still approved fap fuel and in hindsight Ash is a piece of shit that deserve all the shit talk Iris gave him.

Also anyone saying Misty's design is better is blind or in denial. As far as female trainer designs are concerned both Misty and Iris are outclassed. One is supported by nostalgiafags and the other is supported by little brown girl fags.
>>
>>33378759
The difference is at the time Misty existed there weren't many other girls to compare her to. Just the older female Gym leaders like Erika and Sabrina.
>>
>>33378759
Fuck off, Scott.
>>
>>33376178
>Iris knows how to battle.
>Iris is nicer too Ash, not by a lot but she clearly cares for him has a friend.
>Her Pokemon for the most part are a look stronger.
>Her Excadrill listens to her now.

I could list off more but Iris is a good character and everyone here is wrong, want to fight about it loser?
>>
>>33375853
are you guys into memes?
>>
>>33375853
Nostalgia. Pure nostalgia. That's why.

Cilan was more or less the BW version of Brock, and people hated him too.
>>
>Iris and Misty will never team up and bully you
>>
I think Iris also got screwed by her placement in the anime. She came directly after Dawn who was a co-star and was very popular at the time, and then after her came Serena/Amour who exploded in popularity because of the ship. Iris being sandwiched between Dawn and Serena certainly didn't help her.

I wonder had Iris been introduced in one of the other sagas instead her character might have been better received.
>>
Can we stop with the Iris is hated and Misty is loved meme? Misty is mostly loved by normies or casuals who probably only know her from the show. They most likely don't even know who Iris is. Within the actual Ashnime fandom, they are both vying for last place amongst the anime pokegirls, with Iris winning out because she comes from a much worse season overall, and hurt by a group dynamic that was never good.
>>
>>33381072
Yeah that's what I don't get either. Most of the people obsessed with Misty all quit after Johto and never even watched a single episode Iris was in. So they wouldn't even know her character or whatever.

The people who did keep up with the entire run of the anime are the people who didn't care Misty left, and May or Dawn already became more popular with them before Iris was even introduced.
>>
>>33375853
Becsuse she is a nignog
>>
>>33375853
But is nigger
>>33376998
Fuck you
>>
>>33379737
that was some theory by a poketuber as well.
the part with Hilda being literally too hawt for the anime series was a theory mentioned on youtube as well.
>>
>>33375853
Even if they're the same character, it's all about design.
>>
>>33375853

Worst character design in the entire franchise.

Everything in Gen 5 was hideous for some reason
>>
>>33376178
Kodomo ne~
>>
>>33375853
I like Iris but hate Misty
>>
>>33376998
correct

>>33375853
>>33382018
to explain further, Misty shat on Ash when he was a good trainer. Iris shat on Ash when he sucked and was an idiot. Every time Iris insulted Ash I agreed with her.
>>
>>33381297
>the generation that introduced beauties like Hilda, N and Elesa
>hideous

get your eyes checked anon
>>
>>33382071
Iris is the worst designed pokegirl to ever make it into the ashnime though
>>
>>33382034
>correct

go away, shit taste normie.
>>
>>33376930
pretty much, cant tell you how fucking much iris annoyed me by shit talking ash and then in the next scene her dragonite is wreaking havoc and not listening. That was her the whole fucking season.
>>
>>33381075
Iris was so 1 sided that you didn't have to watch every ep to get a feel of her, for fuck sake all I gotta do is watch when she battles and its all the fucking same. Acting like she's the shit but cant command her mons for dick. Misty is basic as fuck yes but Misty actually changed her entire character, I'm not talking about her being a better trainer, I'm saying as a side character she had lots of room to grow for being around for god knows how many seasons. Most of the girls were one sided except misty. Dawn was clueless, Serena was always wet for ash, May tried all the time to be cool, etc the list goes on. Usually you dont see a different personality unless they show up in a later season.
>>
The problem with Misty is after you got into Johto she just didn't have any real personality or role on the show anymore. She was just kept into the background and the only episodes she got was to tell us how much she liked water pokemon.

Johto would have replaced Misty with a new female companion if they had known what they do now
>>
iris is WAY too smug, like not endearing smug like bitchy smug. Misty comes off as a bitch too but Ash was also a dick back in the day.
>>
>>33375853
Because Misty looks white, that's why
>>
File: spinning jaguar.gif (151KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
spinning jaguar.gif
151KB, 320x240px
Ash and Misty fufilled a little brother little sister dynamic as a relationship which helped carry their interactions in the show.
In BW, Ash is a retconned idiot, and Iris acts incredibly smug for someone so incompetent herself. It comes off as a child bullying an infant out of insecurity. Did you like Angelica from the Rugrats? If you didn't, you won't like Iris.
>>
The problem is shit writing
>>
>Misty is scared of bugs because she's a girl
>Iris is scared of ice types because she's a Misty throwback???
Why? What the fuck is so scary about ice cream mons and snotty baby bears?
>>
1. racism
2. nostalgia
>>
>>33383803
Iris is scared of Ice Types because she's a Dragon Type trainer and hails from the Village of Dragons

Seems pretty obvious
>>
>>33383803
because she's the dragon type representative of the series next to that equally awfully dressed numale hipster cuck Drayden.
>>
>>33383811
/thread
>>
>>33375853
But Iris wasn't a boring Togepi drone.
>>
>>33383843
Togepi > Axew
>>
>>33383827
>equally awfully dressed numale hipster cuck Drayden.
You seem jealous of his manliness.
>>
>>33383846
Toge toge XDDDD
>>
>>33383848
he seems manly but he dresses badly like most Unova gym leaders. Him shaving wouldn't hurt either. it looks quite silly.
>>
>>33383803
So why would misty be afraid of bugs if she's water type trainer. Shouldnt she be afraid of electric and grass types?
>>
File: 27FTsmj.gif (153KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
27FTsmj.gif
153KB, 500x333px
>>33383846
fuck togepi
>>
>>33383889
Please do not fuck Togepi, it is a baby
>>
File: 58962317_p0.jpg (2MB, 2894x4093px) Image search: [Google]
58962317_p0.jpg
2MB, 2894x4093px
>>33383867
I want Drayden to fuck me in front of Iris.
>>
>>33383897
forgot the oil.
>>
>>33383887
He just said why.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.