[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As controversial as Toucannon and Vikavolt are, they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1503537942312.png (261KB, 1024x409px) Image search: [Google]
1503537942312.png
261KB, 1024x409px
As controversial as Toucannon and Vikavolt are, they're memorable and they have actual fanbases. I never really see active talk or enjoyment of the alolan starters outside of the shitty falseflaggers, and a lot of people chose it purely under the guise of "the furry choices", with the de-facto implication they are going to be forgotten come Gen 8. Throw in its prominence is in Movie 20, pokken,anime which has gotten barely any fan hype despite TPCI's pushing of it, and their first stages being the evolution of choice in their lines , and I don't really know or can think of anyone using them as their ace, bro, etc.

If you like them, that's great. I'm not saying the above to insult you nor is it intended to. But for whom is it this is their MAIN mon? THE mon? Not just cool team members, or even mere filler
>>
>>33374034
All 3 of them are shit. Just deal with it.
>>
File: IMG_1290.png (228KB, 747x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1290.png
228KB, 747x489px
They would have been more memorable if Game Freak hadn't given the poor things shitty statspreads and hidden abilities. There is no justice in this world.
>>
But only the grass starter is the best one.

The other two are shit.
>>
>>33374034
tbrh i don't see talk or enjoyment of Toucannon and Vikavolt anywhere either.
Unless you are a shillmon like Lucario, Mewtwo, Greninja or Charizard, most of the Pokemons lost of their appeal when their Generation end.

Also starters are always quite popular, IIRC even Emboar and Meganium were in the Top 200 in Gen 6 popularity poll.
>>
this is just a pasta from the "bros" thread
>>
File: 1500735844777.jpg (79KB, 746x815px) Image search: [Google]
1500735844777.jpg
79KB, 746x815px
Stay mad
>>
>>33374055

>implying the main problem isn't their designs

Whatever you say, man.

I picked decidueye on my first run of Sun, and that was like picking the prettiest turd from a bucket full of turds. In my second run I didn't want to use Decidueye again and I refused to use Fursuitman and Trannyseal, so it was the first time I had to box my starter in a non-nuzlocke run.

Gen 7 starters are the absolute worst ever and there's no way gamefreak can top this shit.
>>
>>33374057
Only pussyass faggots like Decidueye, shit is gay as fuck
>>
>>33374174
Don't get me wrong, Decidueye's wings and Incineroar's proportions could have been much better, but these guys REALLY need better specs. Decidueye's special attack is a waste of precious BST with that movepool, Incineroar's loss of speed is a fucking sin and Liquid Voice is so useless it hurts.
>>
>>33374174
>uses meme insults like Trannyseal
>thinks Gen. 5 doesn't have the worst starters
>thinks the owl is the best of the three

Never discarded an opinion so fast.
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 147x133px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 147x133px
>>33374034
>Make bait this horrible
>People actually respond seriously to it
>>
>>33374470

Absolutely disgusting tastes. Serperior shits all over decidueye, samurott is boring but at least it's not waifubait, and emboar at least is less ugly that incineroar.
>>
>>33374470
Dude, I immediately boxed the Gen 5 Starters, but design-wise both Gen 6's and Gen 7's were worse.
>>
File: Photo Apr 12, 3 37 29 AM.png (185KB, 540x630px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Apr 12, 3 37 29 AM.png
185KB, 540x630px
>>33374535
>Samurott
>not waifubait

Anon...
>>
One is waifubait.
One is a man in a fursuit.

One is just a normal starter. Not even a particularly good starter, just a normal one.

Boxfag master race.
>>
>>33374805
>Boxfag master race.
Amen!
>>
>>33374805

I'd argue there's a waifubait and two fursuitters, but it's kinda up for debate
>>
>>33374805
Which one is the man in a fursuit? Decidueye or Incineroar?
>>
>>33374788
delet this
>>
>>33374504
Is it bad that I know what the full version of this looks like
>>
>>33374034
Toucannon is just an oversized real life toucan, it's ok I guess. Vikavolt is actually cool.
Fire and Water starters are disgusting. Worst ones ever released. Grass starter is barely ok.
>>
>>33374034
The base stages are cute
The final evolution of the grass starter looks cool as heck, but has shitty stats, the fire starter sucks outside of the basic stage (i just wanted a fucking panther or something that ACTUALLY LOOKS COOL not this fucking ugly man-beast thing)
The water starter looks okayish

I dont mind that its feminine, I just don't like it much. I was hoping it would go down a harlequin route Ballio was fucking hideous.

Overall, this is the first generation where the starters have sucked (overall, mind you 1/3 is terrible odds, usually 2/3 is good) on the appearance and battle fronts.

Generation 5 had staters that looked cool (except for the fucking abomination that is Samurott) but had shitty stats, typings, and movepools
Generation 6 was good overall.
>>
Can someone just make 3D models and animations for the Ballio set and release a ROM hack with them already.
>>
>>33374942

Why don't you do it, you seem to be an expert judging by how easy you make it sound.
>>
>>33374963
Don't get smart with me, young man.
>>
>>33374212
Thats not how you spell Primarina.

Worst starter ever made next to Shitnaught desu. Incinebro and Brocidueye are both solid.
>>
File: 149325786145.png (60KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
149325786145.png
60KB, 200x200px
>>33375002
Agreed. You know what? Those two should totally fuck right now.
>>
>>33374999

I'll say this another way: how many hacks made from 3DS roms with pokemon species/models actually changed do you know? Name one.
>>
>>33375058
Can't you just let me dream?
>>
>>33374034
What an awful, awful thread.
>>
>yet another starter war thread
cool
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.