[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>having a blast taking my sweet time replaying Alpha Sapphire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: ORAS_Delta_Episode-1.png (20KB, 104x105px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS_Delta_Episode-1.png
20KB, 104x105px
>having a blast taking my sweet time replaying Alpha Sapphire
>wonder why I dropped it hard after getting Deoxys when even Sun I stuck with for a while
>my face immediately when I load my game up for the Delta Episode

Why on earth does the writing become infinitely worse the moment this shit starts? It's almost like I'm playing a cliche romhack.
>>
Delta story was fucking awful. I mostly blame Zinnia for being a badly written and annoying character.

That being said: the Deoxys fight and cinematic leading up to it was fucking 10/10.
>>
>>33372433
Because all the previous stuff was just a copy-paste job of dialogue that had been written over a decade earlier. Once the Delta Episode starts, so does the "new, original writing."
>>
>>33372433

Ohmori is a massive otaku and wants to shove all his garbage into pokemon. I'm actually shocked you stayed with Sun for a while, its basically more of what is seen in the Delta episode.
>>
File: 1486231142947.png (28KB, 734x352px) Image search: [Google]
1486231142947.png
28KB, 734x352px
>Congrats on beating the Champion of Hoenn!
>Now go fight an unskippable hoard battle against 5 Mightyena
Deoxys was cool though
>>
>>33372453
The main adventure tweaks the writing from the original a lot for the better, though. Then Delta Episode just fucks everything up, it's not just Zinnia.
>>
File: really makes me think.jpg (546KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
really makes me think.jpg
546KB, 979x832px
>>33372462

>JRPG director
>Uses JRPG story tropes in game

Woah
>>
>>33372446
Zinnia didn't write Delta Episode.
>>
It took a concept that should've been super simple and turned it into the most unnecessarily complicated shit possible. Why did we need the story with the meteor causing Mega Evolution again? And why does Fug evolve into Mega Fug by wishing upon a star?
>>
>>33372535
Nothing wrong with the elements themselves; about Mega Fug saving the world and "This is how mega evolution started, meteors and shit"

Problem is the writing. It was very badly written and the person who most felt like a villain in the entire game kept getting fellated over and over as being right all along, and the game keeps telling you that you have to agree with her and she's wholely right.

She almost destroyed the world repeatedly for her own selfishness, and the game keeps shoving her dick down our throats telling us that she was right for doing it. She created Primal Kyougre and Primal Groudon in order to force Rayquaza to save the world so that she could force him to kill a meteor. Reason he wasn't able to wake up all this time is because he was out of power. He would not be able to wake up to stop either of them, so if protaganist had done nothing they would have destroyed the entire world and she would have caused it with a smile, thinking she was right all along. Then humanity detects the meteor and figures out a way to stop it, she destroys humanities last way of stopping it a few hours before the meteor hits "Nooooo, we need to rely on dragons to stop it, only my way is correct". it would be one think to steal the second method humanity created to solve the crisis, but she didn't want that. She destroyed humanities method of solving it because only her method was allowed to be correct.

Then she forced her way up to Rayquaza tower, almost destroying the planet twice because she thought she was the chosen one, and wanted only herself to save the planet, then found out when she got to the top that Rayquaza didn't have the power to save shit all this time. She destroyed all of humanities hopes out of selfishness because only her methods were right, and her methods didn't have hope of working either.

If not for the deus ex of MC having the metoer to give Rayquaza his powers back, everything would have ended.

She's a mary sue fuck up
>>
>>33372656
Steven at least calls out her shit with telling Team Magma/Aqua how to awaken the Primal super-ancient Pokemon in Meteor Falls, and her granny acknowledges she's a fuckup after it's all done, but they're no respite. Interviews give the implication she was forced early into her role and simultaneously has delusions of grandeur and no real clue what she's doing, which kinda lines up with her actions, but the game itself doesn't give any real insight into that.

Also don't forget the further deus ex of Magma/Aqua initially trying to fuck with turning a meteorite into a Mega Stone using energy generated from the magma at Mt. Chimney, because without that not only would you have not gotten the Meteorite but it wouldn't have been able to become Rayquaza's Mega Stone.
>>
>>33372433
It's funny how they did a great job of improving on the story and characters from RSE, but shat the bed when adding something original
>>
>>33372509
explain all the other directors them, asshole.
>>
People are still mad that Sun and Moon made Zinnia a character only spewing half crazy nonsense huh by confirming alternate dimensions? Get over it nerds, Zinnia did nothing wrong.
>>
>>33372943
Well with that viewpoint pretty much every director throws in silly JRPG "tropes" except Tajiri. There's also the writers to think of, you got Tajiri for Red and Green, Toshinobu for everything since Yellow except ORAS, and Masafumi "worked for H-game companies" Nukita for ORAS. Apparently with Delta Episode he was very, very specific about how some things were depicted, according to interviews anyways. Nukita ain't at Game Freak anymore though, he left sometime before SM was finished for a job at Sega despite being in charge of writing all the brand new Pokedex entries which is probably why some of them feel so out of place or poorly written like Gengar's, and why we didn't get a National Dex.

Also, Game Freak was originally a bunch of otaku getting together and deciding "let's make video games!", in case you don't know of their origins.
>>
>>33372946
Except be the worst, most hated character in the franchise.
>>
>>33372509
You are an 11 year old boy who lives in a world of creatures known as Pocket Monsters ("Pokémon" for short). These Pokémon can be found all over, and people capture them in Monster Balls ("Poké Balls" outside Japan), devices that look and function like gachapon. These people, known as "Pokémon Trainers", raise, train, battle, collect, and trade Pokémon as a form of friendly competition. There is even an official organization dedicated to testing Trainers known as the Pokémon League. You and your rival are finally setting out on your own journeys to become the best Trainer through gaining the title of "Pokémon League Champion". You must defeat the eight Gym Leaders scattered around the region so as to earn the right to battle against the Shitennou ("Elite Four"), four powerful Trainers who must be defeated in a row to earn the title of Champion. Along the way, you'll encounter other Trainers, people who use Pokémon for nefarious acts, helpful people, unique locations, as well as rare and even legendary Pokémon.

How does that sound like a JRPG cookie cutter plot to you?
>>
I've played through it twice and apart from "no shit she's going after the mega stones" and "wow Zinnia you really are shit at your job" the writing seemed on par with the rest of the game.

Maybe it was the exposition dump nature that turned you off?
>>
File: 1422905220439.gif (2MB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
1422905220439.gif
2MB, 400x319px
>still going through DE
>second time when Steven calls you with Entry Call 0.09 at Granite Cave he says it's a one-way feature and has no way of hearing if you got the Meteorite Shard
>third time when Steven calls you with Entry Call 0.09 at Aqua Base you apparently are able to tell him about Zinnia telling you to go to Sky Pillar
>>
>>33373232
Alright never mind he heard her say it elsewhere. But then I have to wonder when the fuck did that happen, I don't remember mentioning it in the Space Center.
>>
File: smirk.png (978B, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
smirk.png
978B, 192x192px
>>33372995
So, Zinnia is basically Nukita's fetish waifu.
>>
>>33372995
If Toshinobu wrote everything from Yellow to XY, how come things shifted so much in Gen V and VI? The tone feels totally different since everything's much more narrative-driven, and in BW2 and XY's cases there's blatant ship/waifu baiting going on
>>
>>33372759
The game still treats her that she did everything right, and that Steven was wrong for questioning her. She gives Steven a sassy comment and the game wants us to know he's clearly wrong, and she's right. Half the issue is that the game has to line up to say she's right about it all, instead of just being a nutjob who is responsible for the deaths of nearly billions just because her own damn whims and desire to be the hero. It wants us to believe she's somehow noble.

She was a piece of shit, and I doubt Gamefreak will ever realize what they did wrong there. At least the manga had Rayquaza himself reject her badly.
>>
>>33372433

They have an A and B team for localizations.

Examples:
- XY main story writing is bland.
- Battle Maison dialogues are colorful and fun.

-ORAS main story writing is adequate.
-Delta Episode is cliche romhack shit.

-SM main story writing is adequate.
-Festival Plaza is some machine translated nonsense nightmare
>>
File: cosmog.png (89KB, 351x328px) Image search: [Google]
cosmog.png
89KB, 351x328px
>>33372995
>"worked for H-game companies"
There's nothing inherently wrong with that.
An H-game did a far better version of SM's parallel worlds and ultra beasts plot over a year before.
>>
>>33373381
None of that really sounds like localization issues, except maybe the FP, but I think the issue there is more how the whole thing is tied around some Easy Chat type shit.
>>
>>33372509
>using tropes
Why should this be expected of a good game?
>>
>>33373616

>making a game that has literally no motiffs previously used in character design, plot or gameplay

I don't know, you tell me.
>>
>>33372446
Fucking this. Just replayed the Delta Episode too. There's a lot of shit that's repetitive and nothing really special, but the rematch with Wallace where he uses his Emerald team, blowing the doors off of Zinnia's team with Mega Fug with the godlike music playing, and then confront the TRUE antagonist of the games in outer fucking space made up for it.
>>
>>33372433
What the fuck are you talking about? It was just typical, bad Pokemon dialogue. The dialogue in Pokemon games has always been weird and not good and in no way how people talk. The things they say reminds me of what some NPCs might say in a leapfrog game or something. And you're pissed off about the fucking Delta in OR ASS? What about the rest of that fucking heap? At least Delta was new fucking content and not just a vastly worse version of Emerald.
>>
>>33372509
Director is a strong word for that retard.
>>
>>33376111
>What about the rest of that fucking heap
OP said that he enjoyed the main game. And I agree with him. You see, ORAS actually has this thing in it called "exploration" which was something the series lacked since BW.
>>
>>33372656
Dude, you're really over thinking it. The (((writers))) from GF probably wrote the last two or three Pokemon games in one fucking draft and called it a day. They weren't thinking about any implications that the """"character"""""" might make with their decisions or whether it makes sense or is an interesting part of the game. These guys just don't give a filthy fuck. They just want cash.
>>
>>33373365
>She was a piece of shit, and I doubt Gamefreak will ever realize what they did wrong there. At least the manga had Rayquaza himself reject her badly.

Considering SM didn't mention her once while shoehorning Anabel unto a role that would have fit Zinnia, I think they learned.
>>
>>33372895
>>>>>improving on the story and characters
?????????????????

It's the same thing but max handholding and uglier graphics.
>>
>>33373048
Are you stupid? You just described every Pokemon game. Now take his dumb anime moe crap and smear it all over and we have a much different picture. Pokemon has become some really gay, tedious, interactive anime movie rather than a game. Shit sucks. It's like having to watch a scene from Go Diego Go in between each wild Pokemon encounter. Like fuck off with this """""""""""""""plot"""""""""""""""""" and """""""""""""""""""""""characters"""""""""""""""" and let me raise and battle my Pokemon. It's about fucking POKEMON, not all these AWFUL NPCs that I'm not sure we're supposed to like or not because every fucking NPC is a fucking drudgery to have to mash A through all 40 of their text dialogue boxes.

tl;dr you guys defending this crap or discussing it in depth when there is none are retarded
>>
>>33373232
Why do NPCs have to interrupt the game every few steps and make you mash A through 500 lines of text before you're allowed to start playing again?
>>
>>33376131
I'm still just salty about ORAS because it's a noticeably worse port of a good game and ruined by retards upping the tedium to the maximum. Don't any of these fucking moron writers/directors know anything about pace?

>well we have this good, straight forward we'll-paced game that we're doing a revamp of on a new, more powerful system
>we better pack it with fade-to-blacks, even more NPC interruptions, and while we're at it, can we leave a shitload of content from the original game on the cutting room floor? Yeah we have to make room for a more tedious version of FLY where--guess what--you have to manually navigate over an entire map of green and brown pixels that all look the same to try to find Maulville City
>actually fuck that let's turn Mauville, the comfiest town in the franchise, into a massive fade-to-black cancer fuck that takes 5 hours to run around in only to find a useless fucking TM like Thief or something and a Grip Claw
>wait, the game corner is in Mauville? That has to make room for more NPC interactions and fade-to-black rooms that all look the same
>PERFECT!!!!!
That's why I don't like it. The shitty 3D art "style" or lack thereof, and all the unnecessary slapped on crap accompanied by (or not accompanied by) a bunch of removed content.

ORAS has the PSS and shit like that which by default makes it infinitely better than SM but to me the main game has a lot of impact on how much I like it even if the post-game is easy to navigate (but I guess they thought that was a bad idea so they dumped the convenient, accessible online menus in SM for the... you know).
>>
>>33372509
Because Pokemon became popular for its universal appeal. JRPGs appeal to only a particular demograph.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.