[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"So we've decided that Pokémon on Switch will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: switch.jpg (45KB, 912x484px) Image search: [Google]
switch.jpg
45KB, 912x484px
>"So we've decided that Pokémon on Switch will be playable only in portable mode"
>yfw
>>
gf always makes use of the technology of the hardware they have access to
>>
File: 1414539619468.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1414539619468.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>33369224
Portable is superior anyways for that sweet, 230 PPI
>>
That would only happen if it was touch screen only. The Switch can't force games to be handheld only it's only if it's unplayable without the touch screen. Either way they already said that this would be the first mainline game on a console.
>>
>>33369224
>paid online for the same shit

Truly the worst timeline.
>>
>>33369247
See >>33369236 What if they forced the use of the touch screen? It's GameFreak after all.
>>
File: 1496674511311.gif (171KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496674511311.gif
171KB, 375x375px
>>33369224
You might be joking but don't get too surprised when it actually happens
>>
>>33369224
>"So we've decided that Pokémon on Switch will be playable only in portable mode"
Oh, so pokemon refresh is staying, great!
>>
"So I've decided OPs can only be homosexual and retarded only"
>yfw
>>
It's an spin off anyways

>but Pkmn core game
>>
>>33369350
Its confirmed to be a mainline game, now fuck off you autistic nigger
>>
Why does everyone WANT to be dissapointed by this. It's like disaapointment is all everyone here knows
>>
>>33369335
Sweet I can still make threads
>>
>>33369384
shitposter killed the board
>>
File: ANGERY.jpg (41KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
ANGERY.jpg
41KB, 245x204px
>>33369384
Shitposters and pic related.
>>
>>33369224
I like Refresh, and I don't connect it to the TV, so I see no problems.
>>
>>33369350
I love how the double niggers who insist that a "core" game isn't a main game can never explain exactly what they think "core" means.
>>
>>33369236
Oh really, then tell me how do I unlock 3D in my Pokemon Moon? I must've missed this option.
>>
>>33369258
It would have to be touch screen ONLY. Not just using the touch screen in some parts, but literally only controllable with the touch screen. That's why as far as I know, the only game that can't dock so far is a mobile rhythm game port.
>>
mfw:
>./care
>>
Nintendo wouldn't let that fly. It was hard enough to get them to accept XY would barely have 3D back when Nintendo was pushing it hard.
>>
>>33369446
your 3ds must be defective
>>
>>33369446
You have to use the PokeFinder, Anon. :^)
>>
>>33369697
You mean a 2DS?
>>
>>33369458
Severed and some tank game are also undocked only and are touch screen dependent.
>>
Think about it for a second :

The ONLY thing 3DSfags can ever come up with is this fantasy scenario where the game somehow doesn't work in docked mode for no actual reason.

This is the only drawback they can come up with, and it's not even real.
>>
>>33370244
Meanwhile the only good thing Switchfags can parrot is superior graphics at the cost of gameplay and portability.
Both sides are equally as retarded.
>>
>>33370993
I just want the Switchshill to start using a new OP image.
>>
>>33369384
We've become addicted to a certain kind of sadness. We're don't want to have hope, because Game Freak can easily dash it away.

Or because shitposting's fun, and you want to see how your (You) farm will bear fruit.
>>
>>33369301
That made me think it would be portable only for a second, but then I realized (assuming they don't remove it because they goddamn well better not remove ANY more fucking features) they'll probably move that to motion controls which would be pretty cool.
>>
>>33369467
>he thinks Nintendo didn't create the Switch just so they could have Pokémon main series on their system so it wouldn't fail this time implying Game Freak is the one wearing the pants in this part of the relationship

It's one thing to screw over Gen 7 out of paranoia on both sides most likely when it was clearly intended to be for the Switch originally, but they're not going to fuck over one of their core pillars of it remaining handheld only forcing Nintendo into doing a hybrid if they want to succeed this time.
>>
>>33371159
>they'll probably move that to motion controls which would be pretty cool
>wanting waggle

Look the state of it being a Switch game is something we all need to accept for better or worse, but you'd want to make the games shittier with horrible motion controls?
>>
>>33369438
Yes they can - Mystery Dungeon. That's the only other real suggestion I've gotten from people.

Because apparently it doesn't matter that Game Freak doesn't do anything but the main series and ONLY the main series and Ranger are even RPGs.

Spike Chunsoft's Mystery Dungeon - which is not a only Pokémon series to begin with - being a roguelike dungeon crawler.
>>
>>33369224
>implying you can block the portable/dock functionality
the dock is literally hooking the switch to an hdmi and using a different display
why are you /vp/ boys tech idiots
>>
>>33371283
>why are you /vp/ boys tech idiots

I think the best part is they assume Pokemon will magically have multiple save files because of the account system, while games like 1-2 Switch have shared saves among a system.
>>
>>33370244
And you will be among the first to defend it once it's revealed to be real.
>>
>>33371263
Motion controls would be a far better way to do it than what we currently have.

If you're going to pet them etc. wouldn't you prefer to go through the motions of it rather than rubbing a screen like a retard?

I damn well would and I generally agree with you... I don't like motion controls outside aiming.

The point of the Amie type things is to make it feel like you're interacting with an actual animal though. Developing a bond with them. Without making them real or going to proper VR (which doesn't currently exist), if done right motion controls are the next best thing.

You assuming I like motion controls in general and just dismissing it out of hand says nothing about the implication of what I said there. It just tells one you're an ignorant moron who doesn't understand the concept of the game play feature you're talking about OR a straight up retard who just says things without thinking about what they're responding to.
>>
>>33371283
>>33369458

It's possible if they force the use of the touch screen at all times.
>>
>>33371363
>if done right motion controls are the next best thing.
No I'd much rather rub the screen like a retard rather than flailing my arms like a retard.
At least rubbing a screen would give the feeling of actually touching/interacting with them.

Just because you like motion controls doesn't make it an, objectively, good choice.
>>
I doubt Nintendo would allow Game Freak to pull that. Dock Mode is a huge selling point for a lot of people, and playing on a TV is what a lot of people have wanted with the Pokemon series for a long time.

With that said, I am curious how much Pokemon is going to take advantage of the hardware, and if they are going to keep the overhead view or switch to a more modern JRPG style of allowing you to control the camera.
>>
>there are people who still have expectations for the Switch game
>after Masuda outright told you to stop
I can't tell if you're retards or masochists.
>>
>>33371621
I think he meant all regions open worldfags
>>
>>33369224
I think a lot of people are forgetting about motion controls. Honestly, that would make Amie/Refresh/whatever the hell they'll call it in Gen 8 a lot more immersive, especially if they use HD Rumble.
>>
>>33369236
No they dont. They cant even make a fucking proper game ln the 3ds without lagging like a motherfucker. And is no excuse when we have games like MH4U that runs at 50+ fps on a n3ds or MHG at 30 fps on all systems
>>
>>33372375

Or Breath of the wild of Pokemon fags.
>>
>>33372602
making use of hardware isn't the same as making use of it efficiently/properly
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.