[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SM release >everyone love it >come back 9 months later

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: gCcwVGD.png (81KB, 624x628px) Image search: [Google]
gCcwVGD.png
81KB, 624x628px
>SM release
>everyone love it
>come back 9 months later
>everyone hate it
This why this board is only useful for leaks, you autistic contrarians
>>
Oh, and showderp
I like showderp
>>
File: mr-burns-laughing.gif (2MB, 176x144px) Image search: [Google]
mr-burns-laughing.gif
2MB, 176x144px
>>33368806
>everyone love it
>>
/vp/ isn't a hivemind. Sorry that you can't stand being around people with opinions different from your own. Now fuck off.
>>
File: MaximumKek.jpg (177KB, 533x388px) Image search: [Google]
MaximumKek.jpg
177KB, 533x388px
>>33368806
>everyone loved it
>>
File: job.gif (937KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
job.gif
937KB, 500x375px
I agree
btw, HGSS a shit, imo
>>
>>33368815
showderp is awful
>>
>>33368843
Hgss is the epitome of the dark ages in gen3 and 4
>>
>>33368843
Nice pasta https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/32941344/#q32941492
>>
>SM release
>everyone love it
>adjusted human beans move on to other games while obsessive autists refuse to let go
>autists get bored and start shitposting
Fixed that for you.
>>
:^) :^) :^) :^)
:^) :^) :^)
>>
No one except for shills liked S/M. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>33368845
rude
>>
>>33368806
>What is a honeymoon period
>>
>>33368830
lel
>>
>>33368982
I like s/m.

>how you dare fucking shill reeeeeeeee
>>
>>33368982
I liked SM. My problem is that once you complete the Dex, the game's totally devoid of meaningful content. It has 0 longevity.
>>
>>33368806
Over time more and more flaws get noticed. Shit like how bad the Plaza really is, Toiletbird on every route at 30-50% encounter rates, enormous amount of roadblocks, dull trials, i could go on and on. I started to hate the game around the middle of the second island
>>
>>33368806

Honeymoon phase. I still like the game but come on, it does have flaws, including little to no replayability potential.
>>
I got some surprised moment playing SM. Though it's a you-should-only-play-once game and no endgame. Got bored after that, and we're done.

9/10 became 6/10
>>
File: 1497919833008.jpg (22KB, 298x304px) Image search: [Google]
1497919833008.jpg
22KB, 298x304px
>>33368806
>Wow everyone loves the game that nobody has played yet I'm sure when I comeback in a few months everyone will still love it :)
Fuck off
>>
>>33369527
that's not even an argument when the game was leaked two weeks before, besides, I'm not talking right after it was released
>>
>>33369377
So much this. Cutscenes out the ass ruin any desire to play through it again.
>>
>>33368982
But... I liked SM. Great graphics for a Pokémon game, good design, regular story. SM have a lot of likeable characters (others very men).

SM >= B2W2 > XY > ORAS >= HGSS >= Platinum > BW >>> Others.

SM have 3 big problems so far:
1.- Story
2.- Exploration.
3.- Post-game.

Anything else was very good.
>>
>>33368806
I started not liking it on my first playthrough. It's unfinished, the cutscenes take FOREVER (20 minute ending, what the fucking shit), UB's are mostly ugly, Lillie is garbage waifu who stole the story from you the player
>>
>>33370266
>SM's 3 problems are about the lacking story and content of the game
>still my favorite

good god what is wrong with you
>>
>>33368806
Just stick with other boards, anon. This one is just reddit without usernames at this point.

>>33368830
>/vp/ isn't a hivemind
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>33370311

ourselves*
>>
>>33370292
Nothing, I do not have high expectations with Pokémon. It is GF game.

But I still like Pokémon. I just accept that a Pokémon game has flaws, but any new generation gets better.

Only for curiosity, what is your favorite game, anon?.
>>
>>33368830
what /vp/ don't understand is that a hivermind of hate is still a hivermind
>>
>>33368910
>even beginning to imply that the haters don't have 100x the autistic tendencies
>>
>>33368982
>I'm at the center of the universe!!
>>
>>33368871
Sure, bud.
>>
File: 1465612215481.jpg (43KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1465612215481.jpg
43KB, 1024x768px
>>33368806
>>everyone love it
>>
>>33368845
You're awful.
And rude.
>>
>>33370589
If /vp/ was a hivemind they'd understand why SM is really shit and not just blame it on cutscenes, story, and "postgame"
>>
>>33368806
What do you expect from a board that actively hates ORAS, one of the best games in the series?
>>
File: 1301410818240.jpg (160KB, 468x624px) Image search: [Google]
1301410818240.jpg
160KB, 468x624px
>>33368806
>This why this board is only useful for leaks
To begin with, /vp/ was made to contaminate idiots getting overly excited about leaks, so it's not really surprisng.
Add to that autists whose existence revolves around a kid's franchise and it's really no wonder this board is complete garbage.
>>
File: Wht.jpg (65KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
Wht.jpg
65KB, 601x601px
>>33373830
>ORAS
>one of the best games in the series
>>
>>33368876
You're retarded.
>>
>>33373830
I wouldn't call it the best
But when I found the battle frontier was cutted from the game I knew this will assblast people for the next decade
Now the most RNG bullshit I had the experience to play will be remembered as the best thing ever
Story rewritte itself
>>
>>33368871
No, fuck off
>>
>>33373860
It is one of the best, edgelord. ORAS does have some noticeable flaws that bring it down from being the very best, but ORAS is still one of the best games in tye series for all.the things it does right.
>>
>>33374051
>If he had said the BF is not in ORAS because this is a RS.remake
That's not the reason, nor is it because "smartphones". Those are both excuses. The reason is because they didn't have the time to add BF.
>>
I stopped playing it halfway through, it's too long and boring for a handheld.

To date it's the only Pokemon game I didn't finish once.
>>
>>33368830
It absolutely is a hivemind, it's disgusting
>>
>>33374107
>The reason is because they didn't have the time to add BF.
I doubts that is the case. The BF isn't something that time consuming to add when you already have the blueprint from Emerald.

I think it is more accurate to say that the real reason for not having the BF in Emerald is because they ALWAYS use the Battle Facility from the the generation they are in. So naturally, the Battle Maison was used for ORAS. Not the RS Tower, nor the Emerald BF.
This is something they always do, not something exclusive to ORAS.
>>
>>33373886 #
>I wouldn't call it the best
Nor would I. That is why I said "one of the best". Not "the best".

>But when I found the battle frontier was cutted from the game I knew this will assblast people for the next decade
I don't think it is the exclusion itself so much as Masuda's dumbass excuse in that italian interview. If he had said the BF is not in ORAS because this is a RS remake, not Emerald, people would have understood and calmed down eventually. But instead Masuda said it wasn't in ORAS because "people don't have time for such things" and this enraged many. Masuda made up a bad excuse and people believed it was the real reason.

>Now the most RNG bullshit I had the experience to play will be remembered as the best thing ever
>Story rewritte itself
I personally love the Battle Frontier as a concept, but honestly, after replaying the Emerald Frontier, it isn't such a "MUST" feature for ORAS as some people make it out. I only kinda enjoyed the Factory and Battle Pyramid.
>>
>>33374159

it is time consuming actually. blueprint doesnt make all the needed 3d modelling disappear, not does it make them not have to make the opponent rosters essentially from scratch or at least modify the maison selection (notice they didn't even touch that for the Maison itself)

in ORAS, they simply did what HGSS did in terms of postgame facilities, they literally copy/pasted whatever the main game before it had.

In HGSS that happened to be a fullblown BF from Platinum. Platinum being a game that already had a "finished game" as the basis at the start of its development (that's the only kind of game where they added BF so far btw, Emerald and Platinum.)

Expecting BF in ORAS, a game that while a remake, still had to be literally remade, is simply unrealistic.
>>
>>33374185
I agree with your whole statement, and that it was unrealistic to expect a BF in ORAS.

But regardless of whether making the Emerald BF in ORAS was time consuming or not, I think my point stands: the real reason for not having the Emerald BF in ORAS, is that they always use the Battle building from the previous game of the generation. Battle Facilities are not those canon features that they feel the need to bring back to newer generations. They will just reuse what the current gen offers.

This isn't some new issue that ORAS created, so people have to stop blaming ORAS for it.
>>
I liked SM for all of maybe the first island. I dropped it around the third because it seemed to have shown off all it had to offer by then and was getting dull pretty fast.

Sad really. I haven't dropped a Pokemon game since the early 2000s.
>>
>>33374359
The only Pokemon I've dropped was Black, the grass wild encounter rates drove me nuts and i hate most of the designs from gen 5
>>
>>33374185
Given that they devoted resources to Delta Episode, instead of a Battle Frontier....
Your argument is kinda invalid.

No one expected a Battle Frontier because HGSS had one.
We expected a Battle Frontier because FRLG was based on Blue and HGSS was based on Crystal.
So ORAS should have been based on Emerald, but it wasn't.
>>
>>33374388
>Given that they devoted resources to Delta Episode, instead of a Battle Frontier....Your argument is kinda invalid.
Exactly. That is why the "ORAS was rushed" meme is incorrect. It's not that they scrapped the BF in ORAS due to time constraints or anything, it was just never planned to be brought back.

However I disagree with the rest of your post:
>We expected a Battle Frontier because FRLG was based on Blue and HGSS was based on Crystal.
Except Japanese Blue is not a third version. Japanese Blue is what later was distributed as "Red and Blue" internationally. Red and Blue is an initial pair of a generation, like DP or BW, for the entire world except for Japan, so FRLG wasn't based on a third version LOL. Only HGSS was.

>So ORAS should have been based on Emerald, but it wasn't.
And even if they had based ORAS on Emerald, they would have still not included the Emerald BF in the game, since Battle Facilities are not something they consider "canon" and don't bring back for a remake.

The ultimate proof of this is that if the Emerald Frontier was excluded from ORAS due to it being a RS remake only, what we should have seen in ORAS is the Battle Tower from RS. Instead we have the Battle Maison, which prooves that Game Freak doesn't consider Battle facilities canon, and uses the one they have at hand in the current generation.
>>
>>33368806
SM is quite disappointing, OP.

However, I have high hopes for USUM.
>>
>>33368806
>people with opposing opinions expressing them on a board while calling that board a hivemind of opinions
>>
>>33370266
I'll be honest, I cant imagine how SM can be your favourite with those flaws
>>
>>33374831
/vp/ is a hivemind. There are exceptions but they don't break the norm.
>>
>>33374388
>FRLG was based on Blue
Based on what?
>>
>>33375423
Shit that was in Blue but not Red/Green
>>
>>33375433
Such as?
>>
>>33375353
I assume you are one of the paragons of truth in a board filled with lies and contrarianism. Stay #woke brother, make your opinions known
>>
>>33375447
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Blue_Version_(Japanese)#Changes_from_Red_and_Green
>>
File: 1502555450861.png (213KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
1502555450861.png
213KB, 600x496px
>>33368806
>everyone loves it
I didn't love it I was excited for it.
>everyone hates it
because all that excitement turned into disappointment
>>
File: 1468470011039.png (322KB, 744x768px) Image search: [Google]
1468470011039.png
322KB, 744x768px
>>33368806
This.

It's all the same stupid bullshit people keep spewing out of their underage mouths every time a new game comes.

/vp/ is infested with autistic pessimists that will never be happy about fucking anything.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.