[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when enough time has gone by for you to appreciate the designs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: gen 5.png (806KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
gen 5.png
806KB, 1001x823px
>when enough time has gone by for you to appreciate the designs of a generation you used to hate
there is no better feeling
>>
Same, anon. But it doesn't just stop at generations. Enough time has passed for me to appreciate the 'animal' Pokemon. Everything used to be about the 'ebin concept' Pokemon, but I've found myself appreciating the Talonflames and the Midday Lycanrocs of Pokemon. Feels good.
>>
>when you get to appreciate the designs of a generation immediately because you don't have autism with a cool-down timer
Feels even better
>>
>>33368200
This, feels so good not having to wait to retroactively enjoy the previous generation because I have some butthurt gene that starts pulsating as soon anything new appears.
Of course there's stuff I dislike too, but gladly I can focus on the stuff I liked.
>>
File: gen 7.jpg (144KB, 1203x1447px) Image search: [Google]
gen 7.jpg
144KB, 1203x1447px
>>33367787
>When you hate a generation so much, at the point where your hatred burns it with fire, removing it from existence
Feels the best
>>
>>33367787
>hating an entire generation
Seriously?

But yeah, it does happen to me from time to time. Drapion for example.
>>
>>33367787
This, it also helped that I began playing showdown random battles, unranked random battles for extra fun, you get to try pokemon you never used before and try new strategies without worrying about your rank.
>>
>>33367787
Nostalgia is a horrible thing

Sometimes
>>
>>33367787
In interesting contrast to how horrible some of thr 3D models are, they saved a lot of the Gen 5 designs for me. Gen 5's weird sprites were a garbled mess and combined with very busy Pokemon designs make a lot look like shit. Druddigon being one of them.
>>
>>33368509
I feel exactly the same way. the biggest difference for me was with cobalion. it was the biggest sack of shit in gen 5 but now its at least bearable for me in 3d
>>
>>33367787
13 years have passed and i still hate Volbeat. Not as much though.
>>
I'm the kind of anon that judges Pokemon individually and not by the gen. I don't know anything about competitive or stats, so all I have to go on are aesthetics. I gotta say that, most of the Pokemon I was indifferent to since their introduction, I am still indifferent to. Spiritomb, for example.
>>
File: 1485315137926.gif (800KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485315137926.gif
800KB, 500x500px
>>33367787
>DPP used to be my least favorite gens
>looking back at it, I now notice it had a damn comfy OST
>it also has a lot of my favorite fully evolved pokemon
>Regigigas is one of my favorite legendaries
>I even find myself re-looking at mon designs I hated in 2007 and seeing that they actually aren't that bad
I replayed platinum a while back and it was amazing. I find it hard to believe that I even disliked Gen 4 at one point.
>>
File: 3254126.png (77KB, 164x173px) Image search: [Google]
3254126.png
77KB, 164x173px
>tfw one pokemon I still hate as much as when I first saw it
I'm normally such a positive person that any dislike for something just subsides or I find things to like about them, but this one just won't let up.
>>
>>33368687
> damn comfy ost

Nothing will beat d/p/plt nightime Pokemon centre. Actually gave you the feeling you were in a Pokemon centre at night. Joy on her night shift, a few sleeping trainers and Pokemon. And for the rest just the air of nighttime. Maximum comfy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QVEDEeK0Tv8
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.