[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pikachu is very overrated. Why is he even the mascot? He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: baldarpika.png (147KB, 392x412px) Image search: [Google]
baldarpika.png
147KB, 392x412px
Pikachu is very overrated. Why is he even the mascot? He's weak as shit, yet, the Pokemon Company acts like he's the best Pokemon.

He should be replaced by something cooler, like Greninja.
>>
File: Pikachu_vs_Croagunk.png (478KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu_vs_Croagunk.png
478KB, 854x480px
>>33366216
I'll give you lazy explanation for it.
Because Pikachu is popular of kids and Pokémon Anime series.

By the way, Pikachu is powerful enough to defeat a Croagunk.
>>
A mascot creates itself. You can't just change your mascot because you feel like it.
>>
>>33366335
this. they actually wanted poliwhirl to be the mascot but it didn't catch on as much as pikachu
>>
>>33366335
Tell that to Sega and their shitty hedgehog.
>>
He's cute yet brave and captures the spirit of Pokemon really well
>>
File: 1501830985691.jpg (54KB, 1024x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1501830985691.jpg
54KB, 1024x1006px
>>33366369
>shitty
>>
>>33366216
Look at the little thing. Its bright Yellow catches the eye and way more comfortable to look at than red.
>>
I unironically like Pikachu and the rest if the line
>>
>>33366344
Clefairy was the original intended mascot
>>
>>33366216

They explained this in recent interviews.

It's because Pikachu was popular among school children playing the games.
>>
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/08/17/pokemons-creators-on-the-anime-we-werent-really-sure-about-it.aspx

>Our discussion began with a simple question: why is Pikachu so popular? "Probably thanks to Pikachu being in the anime and being Ash’s partner," Masuda says. It wasn't Game Freak's decision to make Pikachu the face of the brand, he just sort of fell into it. It was the production company, OLM Inc., that made the anime who recognized the adorable electric rat's potential. "That was a decision, or rather a suggestion, from the company that made the anime," Masuda says, "They originally came to us with the idea that they wanted to feature Pikachu, because Pikachu at the time was really popular amongst kids in school. It is a hard-to-find Pokémon, so kids knew about it."

So there you go. It just sort of happened.
>>
>>33366369

Sega never had an official mascot before Sonic.
>>
File: 2435502-image.jpg (87KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2435502-image.jpg
87KB, 960x960px
>>33366369
YOU ARE LIKE A LITTLE BABY, WATCH THIS
>>
>>33366369
>their most famous character
>not allowed to be their mascot
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.