[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Stop playing competitive for a while >Come back >Metagross

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: metagross-mega.jpg (35KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
metagross-mega.jpg
35KB, 300x260px
>Stop playing competitive for a while
>Come back
>Metagross is banned from OU
Nah fuck everyone
>>
What, he's banned? Lol, Smogon is such shit.
>>
>>33358616
Quit using Smogon's rules.
>>
>>33358616
>Nah fuck everyone
Agreed. Fuck everyone who used that broken piece of shit. Megas where a mistake.
>>
>not playing Free Battle against other tards with whatever broken shit or meme team you want
>>
>>33358741
>he
>>
Yeah this is the one ban this gen that I'm not sure I agree with....

Half expected M-Diancie gone too but I haven't used it recently so idk how it's doing
>>
>>33358887
Still alive and strong. Next ban might just be dugtrio or arena trap.
>>
File: 1487312274271.jpg (40KB, 557x612px) Image search: [Google]
1487312274271.jpg
40KB, 557x612px
>>33358616
>smogon
>competitive
>>
>>33358616
OU is just Uber-lite anyway, filled with legendaries and bullshit like Greninja

Try UU instead
>>
>>33358616
What made Mega-Metagross Uber material in Sun and Moon that kept it in OU in ΩRαS?
>>
>>33359722
Megas immediately get their speed stat put into play
>>
>>33359722
It was good against Tapus.
>>
>>33359722
turn 1 mega speed, getting heavy benefits from terrains such as zen headbutt hitting like a nuke under psychic terrain or powered up coverage thunder punch under electric terrain. it should have been banned in oras too desu
>>
>>33359722
It almost got banned for the same reason that it was banned in xy, in an offense dominated metagame metagross is always going to be the best mega simply because of all the benefits it offers a team while still having a really good speed tier and an absurd amount of power. You get priority, resistance to tons of common offensive types allowing you to have a mon that is both a pivot and an offensive threat at the same time allowing it to to cover huge holes on a team that you'd otherwise have to put a jirachi on to fix and it's wide movepool. In oras ou after metagross didn't get banned a lot of the really disgusting offenders that pushed the metagame into a state where only offense was viable got removed from the tier meaning people had the breathing room to run pokemon like slowbro, hippowdon and skarmory to actually check it without being forced to resort to full stall. It still retains it's insane dominance against offensive styles but it's not as unhealthy because everywhere else has the room to manage it. In the current sm meta stuff like greninja, tapu koko and tapu bulu put so much of a strain on you that you have no room to put something like a slowbro on your team. Every balance team is forced into the same toxapex or venusaur/celesteela/clefable core because there are no other options. I think if instead of metagross being tested some of the things around it got tested instead the meta would settle in a way like oras where it isn't unhealthy but just a strong pokemon you need to be wary of but it got banned before that even got a chance to happen. I think metagross is definitely a strong pokemon just not a broken one. Currently we have things in the tier like dugtrio that make it impossible to run half of the defensive mons in the tier unless you put a shed shell on them and magearna a pokemon that sets up on 80% of the tier and can break any single team while also having the best defensive typing in the game.
>>
>>33359977
i think there are just more unhealthy elements floating around than metagross ever could be
>>
>>33359722

A)More fairies for the fairy fucker to fuck
B)Gets its bonus speed instantly.
>>
>>33358616
>>33359722
>>33359977
It was the thing that needed to be banned first and foremost in Gen 7. It had little counterplay considering Electric Terrain Thunder Punch breaks through Skarmory, Alomomola, Mandibuzz, and Slowbro. Hippowdon was what I had used for it but I can tell you from personal experience that's not enough, considering between Zen Headbutt flinch, Meteor Mash boost, and Ice Punch freeze it could muster the 3HKO. Grass Knot is an option too for Hippo. Its best answer in the meta was Mega Scizor, but once it was cemented as the one safe switch-in, even HP Fire Mega Metagross started catching on, and that was when Smogon finally decided to start its Gen 7 suspect test because nothing was safe.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.