[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If GF were to remake these games for the Switch, how would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

If GF were to remake these games for the Switch, how would you want them to approach it? Besides graphically of course.

>Different kind of gameplay, ditching turn-based for real-time like FF did
>New story with different/same characters
>Sequel to the originals (so like an alternate to GSC)
>Play as grown-up Red from SM
>Keep it the same
>etc.

Also any features you would want added/returned?
>>
>>33355847
No
>>
>>33355847

I don't know how well that would go over.

As to the rest of your point, while it can be cool to expand on Kanto, easily the most hyped thing about a new gen is the new setting and mons. I would want GF to introduce the Switch game with a new region. Then you can due a RGBY revisit. It would also trigger Sinnohfags immensely.
>>
>>33355847
Fuck no
>>
>>33355847
I'd want it to be exactly like the originals, but with the added mechanics of the later gens (abilities, hold items, physical/special split, etc), as well as bug fixes. Just with updated graphics and more polish.
>>
>>33355847
For starters they'd better add a fuckton of new pokemon species with the requisite 150 we've all caught a million times over in the past two decades
>>
File: 1490051800285.jpg (16KB, 378x381px) Image search: [Google]
1490051800285.jpg
16KB, 378x381px
>>33355847
>takes place 1 year after GS
>trainer customization
>Johto as post game
>start in another city rather than Pallet
>only the original 249 until you beat the postgame
>evil team is Team Rocket looking to re-capture Mewtwo
>Battle Frontier is founded by Lance, Agatha, Bruno, Koga and Lorelei
>new E4 is Blue, Clair, Karen and Silver
>champion is Red (if MC is male) or Leaf (if MC is female)
>Mt Silver final boss is Ethan or Lyra
>>
>>33355847
>>Different kind of gameplay, ditching turn-based for real-time like FF did
It's shit.
>>
u train ur mons using operant and classical conditioning n shit. They learn moves dynamically. Wild pokes can be designated as friendly, depending on the attacker's aggression and how much you have beat them down or won them over. Battle opponents go all out tho.
>>
>>33355857
>>33355884
>>33355898
>>33355954
This wouldn't be bad. It would take a lot more effort though.
>>
>Kanto Region with Orange Islands + Sevii Islands + Alola Islands as post-game
>Team Rocket is now more involved with the plot of Mewtwo
>More Pokemon from Johto can be found in Kanto
>After beating the main game, Pokemon from Hoenn can be found in the Islands, and Pokemon from Sinnoh can be found in Kanto
>Locations, characters, and subplots from the original Anime, the first two movies, and the manga are adapted
>Brock and Misty function as both Gym Leaders and as friendly rivals ala XY and SM. This makes it more like the anime.
>No Megas or Z moves. No gimmicks
>The regions are almost double in size, with tons of more room to explore
>Orange Island forms called Orenjian Forms
>Pokemon League is now a full fledged tournament with you against tons of NPC Trainers. Who wins what rounds are randomized every time you enter. After beating the tournament, you face the Elite 4 and then the Champion
>In-game events for Mew, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Lugia, and Ho-Oh.
>>
Ditching turn-based? Hell no

New story, new Mc, 5-10 years after Hg/Ss,Jotho post game, you start in a new town north of cerulean city,last gym is dark type and the leader is Silver in Vidrian ,Blue is champion, Red post game batttle in Mt silver,Gold is post battle in Bell tower,
Dex around 300,New evos for Kanto mons and finally Kanto forms of alola pokemons
>>
>>33356019
>last gym is dark type
stopped reading there
>>
>>33355847
No remake. If we do Kanto again, have it evolve like it did in the 3 years between Red's journey and Ethan/Lyra's, except even more time. Maybe make it the Kanto in-line with the SM (or, I guess, USUM) part of time; i.e., a decade+ after the events of those journeys. Gen 1-4 mons available from the start, because Japanese regions.
>>
>>33355847
>Towns and cities are actually town and city sized
>Challenge mode back
>Expanded sevii islands
>Johto after the main game
>>
>>33355985
No, it would be shit.
>>
>>33356090
Explain how replacing one of those most embarrassingly awkward and limited JRPG battle systems to date would be shit through and through.
>>
>>33356104
Turn bases awkward? Lolwut
You know what's more awkward?
Action combat most of the time it isn't done right
>>
>>33356122
First, learn how to type.

Second, there are hundreds of other turn based battle systems that make Pokemon's look like flipping a coin to see who wins. Pokemon's battle system is fucking shit. Period.

And not every action RPG battle system is shit. It can be done correctly, and it's not very difficult, either. Just mimic another game.
>>
>>33356104
No. The turn based is the best part idiot. Go play cod you autistic child
>>
>Release gen 8 first
>dont change any mechanics
>Instead of kanto remakes, this game is really about gen 9
>probably in australia idk
>Since its the 25th aniversarry games,you can revisit kanto once you beat the e4 and champ, also maybe a teaser character for gen 10
>>
>>33356142
Did forgetting your eclipse glasses make you blind to one of the Pokemon games' most glaring issues?
Turn based is fine. Pokemon's turn based is shit. Educate yourself. Maybe play other JRPGs.
>>
>>33355990
The ultimate normie appeal game.
>>
>>33356147
Go back to your waifu sims anon
>>
>>33355847
Definitely.
>New story with different/same characters
Definitely
>Sequel to the originals (so like an alternate to GSC)
Definitely
>Play as grown-up Red from SM
Ehh
>Keep it the same
Anything but that.
>>
>>33355912
You're the reason this franchise sucks ass.
>>
>>33356134
You gave zero reasons explaining why pokemon's turn base system sucks. And I don't see the purpose of copying another one. Just play that game, retard.
>>
>>33356188
The fact that I need to explain why Pokemon's turn based system is garbage compared to the industry standard shows how ignorant you are. Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>33356134
Pokemon turn based system is okay, Pokemon with more speed attack first unless there is priority or some shit involved.

Never said all arpg had shitty combat just the majority unlike turn based rpgs,
The point is that action combat in a rpg is way easier to fuck up unlike turn based were you must be a retard to fuck it up
>>
>>33355847
>like FF did

FF is the worst franchise of all time
every FF game is a irredeemable 1/10 piece of shit for autistic faggots

why would anyone want to play a pants on head retarded fantasy world with a j-pop herbivore beta twink as the main character? you have to be a total faggot to play FF
>>
>>33356215
...it only got bad when it left the 16-bit era.
>>
>>33356203
E
D
G
E
>>
>>33356104
But it's not awkward. It's simple and intuitive. Why revamp that for something more complex when the current system works fine as it is? Pokemon doesn't really need to be some complex thing, they got it pretty much right the first time around.

Honestly if you want to play a Pokemon game with different mechanics just play a spin-off.
>>
>>33356203
So you have no explanation. Figures. Now fuck off back to your shithole of a board, /v/irgin.
>>
File: 1485895136344.jpg (34KB, 424x362px) Image search: [Google]
1485895136344.jpg
34KB, 424x362px
>>33355936
I like this

>>33355990
This is ok too
>>
Making Kanto more realistic in terms of size would be amazing.

I shouldn't be about to get from Pallet Town to Lavender Town in a minute like in the handhelds.

Make it a long play journey.

A 3D open world Kanto would make bank. Nostalgiafags would flock to it.
>>
>>33355847
reverse GSC (kanto then johto) with pokken combat
>>
>>33356222
>>33356284
>>33356322
Didn't read your posts.
>>
>>33355847
FF went to shit the same time it dropped turn based combat. There's probably a correlation there. You know what JRPG is even more popular than FF in Japan? Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest also hasn't changed it's basic turn based combat system in any real sense since the god damn early 80s and has another core title coming out for 3DS and PS4. Clearly we don't need to lose the turn based combat.
>>
>>33356220
FFIV was easily one of the worst FF even in its time.

The story was worse than FFII, meanwhile the gameplay was worse than FFIII and V. That game had no redeeming qualities.

IV is the Sonic CD of the FF series: only gets praised for being sandwiched between (actually) good games.
>>
>>33355847
abso-fucking-lutely not
>>
>>33355847
I don't even care what they do because I love Kanto but if it gets annoumced you bet your ass I'll be avoiding this board like the plague
>>
>different kind of gameplay, ditching turn-based
Dang, imagine what would happen if a main-line Pokemon game did that

shit would be so crazy

Well, I highly, HIGHLY doubt that would happen; the gameplay is basically what makes Pokemon Pokemon; changing it wouldn't exactly be Pokemon, would it? Especially not a core Pokemon game? Who knows. GF has done crazier things before.
>>
>>33355847
>remaking something for a 3rd time
not even gf is that jewish
id like a sequel where you play as adult red but add in an adjacent region like gen 2 did
>>
>>33355847
Add a postgame story, bring in all the mechanics from the modern games, ditch the Safari Zone in favor of a less annoying means of catching all those rare Pokemon, add new means of level grinding (I liked Audino grinding from Generation 5), so that the Elite Four isn't "use your Master Ball on Articuno to win", throw in some cross-generation references like having a member each of Team Aqua and Team Magma in the destroyed laboratory on volcanic island Cinnabar. Anything else I can think of would make it less of a remake and more of a whole new game, and that kind of improvement should be handled in a new generation.
>>
>>33356090
And yet nobody in this thread is actually explaining why it's shit and just going on the mindless
>SOMETHING DIFFERENT? IT SUCKS
bandwagon. If you want turn based Kanto there are already four fucking sets of games with it. A new system would be good.
>>
>>33358368
It hasn't even been explained why it would be good either. People have said why it doesn't need to exist - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>>
>>33358445
>It hasn't even been explained why it would be good either.

Because it's something new and gives a reason to play through Kanto a third fucking time.

>if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Not everyone wants the same rehashed regurgitated repeatedly.
>>
You might as well just make a sequel to GSCHGSS that also in includes Kanto and shows what happened three years after THOSE games.
>>
>>33358445
>if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This doesn't explain why it's bad. This just explains your autism.
>>
>>33355847
Sabrina's vastly superior original design before they turned her into cheap fanservice actor waifu
>>
>>33355936
I dig it
>>
>>33355936
>only the original 249 until post game

NO. Stop this pandering bullshit.
>>
>>33356104
VR would be the ONLY way to do it right. And I don't mean this mock garbage we have now but I mean connected to your brain split second timing VR.

I love FF5 but the major flaw with it was it's stupid fucking ATB gauge instead of simply having a damn speed stat.

This shit does NOT belong in my Pokémon.

If they want to add it as an option, fine, but considering their track record for removing everything from the past instead of leaving them as options for people you can fuck off with this shit unless/until they smarten the hell up.
>>
>New story
>Have the game start on the Sevii Islands
>Each island has a trial and a gym
>Include the E-Reader islands as primary storypoint
>Rocket remnants manage to get ahold of Deoxys and mess with its alternate formes
>Silver shows up as a member of Interpol and helps you stop them
>Post game is modern Kanto, so roughly 10-15 years after the original RBY
>Kanto post game story revolves around finding meteor pieces to help Oak research Deoxys
>Beating the Kanto E4 and Champion Blue lets you go to Johto
>Johto has its own E4 with Champion Gold
>Beating Johto E4 lets you go to Mt. Silver and fight Red
>Red is OP with 3 Megas and Pikachu has its Z move
>>
fuck OFF with this real-time bullshit
>>
>kanto remake
>kanto
>KANTO
I think we have enough pandering for 2 gen straight.
How about no?
>>
>>33358990
2 gens?
Literally every gen that's not 4....
But even then.
>Gen3: remakes
>Gen4: HGSS (muh postgame Kanto)
>Gen5: "Let's remake Kanto's feeling, but not!"
>Gen6: panderpanderpander because 90% of people hated the subtle way of referencing of BW
>Gen7: pander some more! Worked the last time.

At least with Gen7 they gave us something more than just "hey it's a Gen1 thing" like in XY. (Alola forms)
>>
>Kanto and Johto is one region named Indigo
>More Sevii Isnalds
>Saffron is connected with 4 cities around it (I hate this super small routes between)
>18 gyms with Fairy gym in Cherrygrove (leader Lyra) and Dark gym in Lavender (leader Silver), Blue is using only ground type pokemon
>E4 is same but Will is dressed Lorelai (it's really true)
>plot which explains what TR wants, more about Mewtwo, Fuji, Fuji+Blaine, Silver+Giovanni+Ariana(?)
>Mega evolutions X was created by Fuji (he gave Red his X-Mega Stone in Orgins and he created Mewtwo so he probably created X-Mega Stone)
>more about Agatha+Oak (what about Blue parents?)
>Missingno is true Pokemon with some plot
>rebuilt of Cinnabar City
>confirmation theory that Valerie is Bill's younger sister
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 185x169px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 185x169px
>>33355847
>Different kind of gameplay, ditching turn-based for real-time
It's been tried before, went about as well as you'd expect.
>>
>>33355847
>>33355985

Tell me, how would you do that with 800 Pokémon, and making them more than a simple reskin.

Are you seriously believing any developer on Earth would be able to give different movesets to 800 characters? And also, to make them interesting?

Pokémon is a turn-based game, like Mario is a Platformer. You can change it inside that limitation, and can do things that go outside that limitation in spin-offs.

In Final Fantasy you went from controlling a party of 3/4/5 characters which could be chosen from a pool of even 14 characters (FFVI) to controlling only one of them, predefined by the game, while the rest of the "party" is controlled by AI. Forever.

Which Pokémon do we choose? Pikachu?

Making mainline Pokémon not turn-based is even more stupid than making a game with all regions in it.
>>
File: 1498059616045.png (279KB, 482x642px) Image search: [Google]
1498059616045.png
279KB, 482x642px
>>33355847
>Ditching turn based like FF did
Yea, kill another franchise.
>>
It's already more than 10 years and we all know which game deserve its remake instead another kanto faggotry based games and elements
wrong time to celebrate the 20th anniversary
>>
>>33355847
Sequel to HGSS or even GSC Kanto.
>>
>>33359853
What game?
Next on the list is frlg not diaper
>>
>>33360008
>frlg
Keep deluding yourself
>>
>>33355847
No thanks to that.
>>
>>33355847
Dead giveaways someone is an underage normie retard:
>Muh MMORPG Pokémon
>Muh all regions in a game
>Muh action gameplay instead of turn based

Sage this shitty thread.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.