[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were the spin offs during Gen 3 so experimental and diverse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Gen 3 Spin offs.png (1MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 3 Spin offs.png
1MB, 750x750px
Why were the spin offs during Gen 3 so experimental and diverse compared to other gens? I can understand being more creative than the first gens since they had a better handle of the Ip, but it seems the spin-offs became far less imaginative and risky afterwards. Sure you get your Nobunaga game, but those seem so rare nowadays.

And this was an issue even before Go.
>>
The Pokemon franchise was waning in terms of sales in Gen III compared to the first two, so Nintendo was willing to take more risks. It's easy to forget the initial fad of pokemon was dying down in the early/mid 2000's
>>
>>33355733
pokemon box was 10/10, the million times better version of bank.

Colosseum and XD are 10/10

the other games are bullshit.
>>
They really shouldn't have stopped doing the Colosseum/XD type of games.

They were far from the quality of the main games but I bet they would have caught on later on.
>>
>>33355750
>pmd is bullshit
3/10. makes me reply
>>
One of those isn't even a game, two are sequels and one is a literal reskin of another series.

What i mean is that only half of your picture applies to your post.
>>
>>33355746
Exactly, Gen V is really where the pace picked up again or HGSS if you want i guess
>>
>>33355733
Pokemon channel was my shit
>>
There was 4 year break between gens they needs shit to put out
>>
DP was delayed like twice? They needed to fill those gaps.
>>
>>33355770
2 years anon
>>
>>33355818
I'm saying like 2002 - 2006 . Emerald was still gen 3

All other gens were 3 years
>>
>>33355733
Those ganes flopped and mobile games make more money
>>
>>33355733
>Pokemon Box
Literally just an accessory like Bank is
>Pokemon Channel
Hey You Pikachu with Gen 3 stuff
>Pinball
Already done before and is just Pinball
>Colosseum
Actually good. We need more Adventure Game spin offs that play like the main games, but with a unique spin
>Dash
Literally shit
>XD
Fuck off and kys
>Trozei
It's just another game with Pokemon on it, like Pinball
>PMD
It's still around
>Ranger
Was a stupid gimmick
>>
Pokemon dash should be on mobile
>>
>>33355733
Colosseum/XD sequel would be pointless today since games are already in 3D

Ranger went to shit after the first game, so good riddance

PMD is still around and well, though the future of the series looks uncertain now that Nintendo is moving away from handhelds

Everything else is a mobile-tier shovelware companies don't dare releasing at full price anymore
>>
>>33358543
>colosseum/xd sequel would be pointless
Shadow Pokemon and a special difficulty curve with limited options as a result
>>
The original plan was DP would come out 2004 for DS launch window in Japan but delays so Emerald, Gale of Darkness, Ranger, and Mystery Dungeon happened to bridge the gap

The only reason Platinum happened by the way was the head of DP's English localization told the writer the plot was shit and he got so mad he convinced them to do a third version again
>>
I just wish more spin-offs had the same basic mechanics and battle system as the main series.

Everything but the Coliseum and Stadium games are pretty shit really.
>>
>>33355733
I really wish colosseum, XD and >myretardedsonsfirstfireemblem did well enough to get the PMD treatment
>>
>>33355987
get out underage
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.