[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else think it's cheap tactics for 3rd version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Mad_Treecko.png (99KB, 320x240px)
Mad_Treecko.png
99KB, 320x240px
Emerald

Platinum

Crystal

You could do everything with both games did

Black and white 2 were sequels made sense to do 2 versions

But USUM being 2 versions is a kick in the arse

Version exclusive UBs. Can only go to 5 world's except 10 and other shit. You need to both games to experience everything

Cheap tactics
>>
>>33352911
USM are sequels too
>>
>>33352922
No there not
>>
>>33352911
Just wait until gen 8 gives us four box legends and six trio masters.
>>
>>33352911

It's a cheap, consumer unfriendly tactic to make two versions of the first game. But retards keep buying both versions so there's nothing i can do.

People keep defending it with "they just do it to encourage trading" but there's still ways to do that with one version, like fossils and evolution items/trade evolutions.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (55KB, 1046x229px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
55KB, 1046x229px
>You could do everything with both games did
>>
>>33352973
They could easily make compatible with sun and moon.

But nope. They want money
>>
>>33352911
>Black and white 2 were sequels made sense to do 2 versions
No, it didn't. They could've made a single game with different paths.

The only thing that affects BW2 is the plot. Other than that it has no reason being 2 games and you consider it fine only because you're biased on its favor.
>>
This Is why people pirate. Games. Being cheap to counter anti consumer cheapness
>>
>>33353125
>different paths.
That wouldn't work and you know it. Each version has its own separate universe.
>>
>>33353125
BW1 had version differences in both the region, the story and the characters. The only way they could have made BW2 a singular game would be if they just put both versions on the same cartridge and had you chose which version to play when you first boot it up, because the game would have to know which cities, legendaries and so on use. Aka. you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>33353125
>What is Opelucid City
>What is Black City
>What is White Forest
>What is N's legendary
Oh yeah, fucking version exclusives that are predetermined by the previous games. No, BW2 would not work as a singular game, moron.
>>
>>33352911
we already shouldn't have 3rd versions in the first place
>>
>>33353271
we shouldn't even have 2 versions. people give other companies shit (look at bethesda and skyrim) for releasing multiple versions of the same game but people accept it from pokemon
>>
>>33352911
My gosh why do you fags care? Just get one fucking game and play it, you're not missing much playing the other. You have trading/injection to get whatever exclusives you're missing.
>>
>>33352929
>YFW SM Mohn is actually USUM Mohn with memory loss and USUM Mohn is SM with a case of the crazies and they confirm cosmog doesn't exist in this Universe(YET) because the alternate Cosmog taken in the post game is USUM Cosmog.
>YFW when gyms are indeed in the empty lots, the empty lots of SM Alola which is accessed much like the SM post game.
>>
>>33353298
Did you read the op? There are version exclusive UB. You need to both games to do all missions

For 3rd game they could have easily put it together. This is why people pirate games. Anti consumer bullshit
>>
>>33353260
>do what was said in >>33353246
Yeah, that was so hard, eh.

No excuse to have BW2 as 2 games.
>>
>>33353125
>They could've made a single game with different paths.
You could make that argument for all first versions too. BW2 being sequels means the only difference between them and first versions is that they don't take place in a new region with new pokemon.
>>
>>33353428
>You could make that argument for all first versions too.
Yup. They want money. Nothing too complicated.
>>
>>33353438
But if emerald, platinum and Crystal versions with both games content. Why change that now?
>>
>>33353345
>There are version exclusive UB.
Trade them, I didn't see anyone bitching when BW had Black city and White forest depending on the version
You're going to miss on 2-3 corridors, and ? They are just localisation that you're going once to catch an UB, it's not like it's going to be a well fleshed out level
>>
>>33353474
Those are sequels

These are 3rd versions of games like platinum, emerald and crystal. That combined both games together

How is it possible to defend this?
>>
>>33352911
>made sense to do 2 versions
No it didn't make any sense.
>>
>>33352929
Where's not?
>>
I mean, these are games which only allow one save file for no reason other than to sell more copies to the same household. Pokemon's always been kinda "cheap"
>>
File: IMG_1954.png (40KB, 306x202px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1954.png
40KB, 306x202px
>>33352911
Considering you actually visit a parallel dimension in SM I think two parallel retellings is somewhat justified, if you want to look at Crystal/Emerald/Platinum as consolidations of their two previous games rather than just retellings
>>
>>33355999
In the Japanese trailer you z ring in same exact area
>>
All the third versions are missing things from the originals anyways.
>>
File: 1503265976188.gif (17KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1503265976188.gif
17KB, 150x150px
>>33352911
>tfw they'll be forced to make only one version for the Switch
How are they gonna make this work, /vp/?
>>
>>33352911
Oh no. Those 6 exclusive Pokemon I can get in seconds by putting their counterpart from my game on the GTS. Whatever will I do?

Besides, if you don't have them all allready then what are you even doing here?
>>
>>33353492
Third versions never combined both games entirely. Each time some of the Pokemon you could find on the earlier two versions are unobtainable in that third version
>>
>>33358604
>tfw they'll be forced to make only one version for the Switch

u wot m8
>>
>>33358604
No they won't. You'll just be forced to buy both games at a higher price point.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.