[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some time ago I did a run in Pokemon Yellow with a hacked Dratini

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: rhyhorn%.png (3KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
rhyhorn%.png
3KB, 160x144px
Some time ago I did a run in Pokemon Yellow with a hacked Dratini starter as my sole combat Pokemon where I did minimal possible grinding and used no in-battle items. I've just finished another playthrough with hacked Rhyhorn starter.
Hard parts:
>Misty - gotta grind to at least level 26 and then fish for both retarded AI *and* first turn Body Slam paralysis vs Starmie
>everything Erika onwards - gotta grind to at least level 40 because Rhyhorn is pathetically slow and gets twoshotted by all supereffective special attacks
>Sabrina - she'd be impossible to defeat until well above level 50 if her AI wasn't retarded as hell, managed to do it at 46
>Giovanni 3 - similar to above, he has a chance to waste a turn on using Guard Spec on one of his mons, if he doesn't then you can't win because most of his team knows Earthquake and you can't tank that many, managed to win at 49
>Lorelei - only winnable if you can oneshot everything, managed to do this at 56
>Rival 8 - he can tear your asshole open without great RNG on your side (can induce Sleep and Burn, can confuse you, can crit with hard-hitting mons), realistically shouldn't be winnable until 65+ but I got lucky as fuck first try
Any suggestions what to do next? Try something weaker like Beedrill or move to Gen 2?
>>
what's the point of something like this if the only challenge is rng
>>
>>33351430
Just curiosity, comparing different Pokemon and their strengths in a vacuum, something you don't see too well if using multiple combat mons instead of one from the very beginning.
>>
>>33351422
Farfetch'd or Tangela
>>
use mr.mime
>>
>>33351469
lolwut
He's Psychic. How is that a challenge.
>>
Ditto run imo
>>
>>33351474
use Mr. Mime in Gold and Silver dude
>>
>>33351451
Okay, Farfetch'd it is. I'll use Swords Dance / Body Slam / Fly / Mimic and report back after a few weeks of painful grinding.
>>
>>33351495
You said you'd do minimal possible grinding. How is that fair.

>Sword Dance
there goes the challenge
>>
File: farfetchd.png (3KB, 218x123px) Image search: [Google]
farfetchd.png
3KB, 218x123px
>>33351499
How else would you go about beating Rival 8? Keep in mind his last mon is level 65 Jolteon and you need to beat 5 more mons with just Farfetch'd and without any healing or setup items.
>>
>>33351526
idk just get another Pokemon.
Besides.
>painful grinding
Just use the Action Replay?
>>
>>33351422
What and idiotic way of having fun
>>
Did you make the hacked in starters have your I.D?
>>
>>33351907
That defeats the purpose you baboon
>>
>>33352202
>having fun
you don't understand what we're doing here
>>
do this with missingno and trying not glitch your game with the speedrun
>>
>>33352238
Purpose of. Grinding? Give yourself rare candies. Doesn't mean you have to level up to 100 or any of this.

>>33351436
If that is the sole purpose, then there is no actual point in grinding at all.
>>
Pick the romhack Red++.
>>
>>33351422
I've always wanted to try this with only a Mankey. Do you think it's possible OP?
>>
>>33352809
Mankey seems like an easy-mode. It fucks with every gym since it has a somewhat high attack and speed. Even Psychic-type Pokemon are easy as long as it's faster.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.