[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a Pokémon game similar to Dragon Quest work? Would it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Would a Pokémon game similar to Dragon Quest work?

Would it be good?

It'd be an AU of course, that or a distant in the past prequel.
>>
>>33350911
You mean Dragon Quest Monsters?

Had great potential, but you can see why pokemon won out. The progression falls off a cliff at the mid point, and they give you way too little guidance on the (otherwise unparalleled) breeding system.
Which turns out to only be REALLY needed for the postgame anyway..
Still super fun though
>>
>>33350935
I meant more along the lines of something like Dragon Quest V with an overarching storyline except the monsters are Pokémon and you can recruit them in a similar fashion.

They could talk too, like how DQ monsters are able to talk.
>>
No pokemon game can be engaging storywise as dq v.
I love both pokemon and dq, but the sooner you accept it, the better.
>>
>>33351424
I just want to see a Pokémon game be like a huge epic on a scale similar to other JRPG's.

Would be nice if we could have huge boss battles with legendaries and not be able to obliterate them in seconds.
>>
>>33350911
Why is the MC named Cancer here?
>>
>>33351829
>I just want to see a Pokémon game be like a huge epic on a scale similar to other JRPG's.

that's not going to happen, Pokemon is primarly marketed towards kids and nowadays kids don't have the attention spam to endure a rewarding JRPG, I take waherever it comes as a win but if I really wanna play a good game I choose either DQ or SMT.

trust me anon this is for the best.
>>
File: EarthBound 2017-07-19 07.25.33.png (2MB, 7508x5760px) Image search: [Google]
EarthBound 2017-07-19 07.25.33.png
2MB, 7508x5760px
>>33351847
Because I named him Cancer at the beginning of the game.

I developed a habit of naming MC's something stupid recently, like this.

I named the entire party of EarthBound after STD's.
>>
>>33351868
It's a real shame because I think Gen 4 and 5 I feel show that they have what it takes, they just decide not to do it.
>>
>>33352106
>they just decide not to do it.
that's the point anon, is not that the series isn't made for that is just that its devs and publisher are so in the role of "chid friendly" that we can't even have a more "complex" game even if it is a spin-off.

Honnestly I blame entirely to TPCi because I know that Nintendo and GF could experiment something different.
>>
>>33352314
The series is even very good at atmospheric music, Pokémon is tons of untapped potential.

Distortion World and the rising of N's Castle at the Unova league are kino.
>>
>>33351868
>primarly marketed towards kids
What is the basis of this statement? Because that's a huge assumption to make.
>>
>>33351829
We had something like that with the totem pokemons

Lusamune would have been the perfect opportunity for that but Gf screwed up again
>>
>>33350935
>>33351150
Also I think the human protagonist would be able to fight as well alongside them.

That'd be nice.
>>
>>33351150
>>33352663
So like SMT?
>>
>>33350911
>Would it be good?
No. I love DQ far more than most people, but I'll be the first to admit that the gameplay is not even close to Pokemon levels of fun.
>>
File: Shin Minions Tensei.png (735KB, 2738x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Shin Minions Tensei.png
735KB, 2738x2100px
>>33352691
I suppose but you would recruit them through random chances after beating them as opposed to convincing them through talking to them like you do in SMT.
>>
>>33352944
Honestly Pokemon is the best when it comes to get new monsters

Pokeballs>Negotiate>Meat>Scouting >Random chance
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.