[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about some good ROM hacks? Been really digging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: PokémonBrown.jpg (394KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
PokémonBrown.jpg
394KB, 640x640px
Can we talk about some good ROM hacks? Been really digging Brown version lately.
>>
>>33350548
>beat Emerald Omega
>hard as balls but fun
>savefile gets fucked and erased after the credits
t-thanks
>>
>>33350548
Clover (yes, it's good)
Liquid Crystal
Glazed
Red chapter
Also Prism is OK but I found it boring when I rebooted the game.
>>
>>33350548
Personal favorite goes to Fire Red Omega. It's the definitive way to play Gen 1.

Prism is pretty good so far, but I haven't played much yet. I like the idea of a non-linear Pokemon game.
>>
>>33350557
Never heard of Omega Emerald, but I downloaded Theta Emerald. It's an Emerald ROM hack where every Pokemon from gens 1 through 6 are catchable.
>>
File: Pokemon_Light_Platinum_00.png (322KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Light_Platinum_00.png
322KB, 1280x800px
Light Platinum is probably the best hack made from scratch I've found. It has all the Mons from the first four gens, and a giant custom region with 16 unique badges. Also Ash and Red are there for some reason.
>>
Could someone provide a list of good romhacks with no fakemons?
>>
>>33350656
>Fire Red Omega
>Light Platinum
>Omicron/Zeta
>Brown
>Prism
>Blaze Black/Volt White

And a shout out to Fusion Generation. It probably feels more like an official Pokemon game than any other I've played, but with certain Pokemon fused together for plot reasons. Not as crazy or lame as it sounds, it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>33350664
Thanks, anon. I'll try one of these out.
>>
>>33350573
>yes, it's good
Not really, no
>>
>>33350548
I played Moemon Emerald recently and I found it unironically good, not even a moeblob enthusiast, the simple sprite replacement gives a fresh coat to everything, some of the designs are pretty creative which makes you curious to see what they did with which pokémon

Touhoumon was also alright but I can't see anyone playing without knowing a little bit about touhou, I also dislike what they did with the type tree in the game, one of the starters is weak to the game's equivalent of normal moves, which fucks up the beginning of the game because tackle is super effective against you
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
What did vp think of naranja i thought it was fun jut a shame it wasn't finished

any other orange island games?
>>
Why does Vega never come up in hack threads? It's a good hack.
>>
>>33350678
Pia Carrot's Pokémon Orange hack using pokecrystal is making decent progress.

https://github.com/PiaCarrot/pokeorange
>>
>>33350703
looks interesting
>>
I've been using this list for reference.

https://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>>
>>33350548
>pokemon clover version
it is top kek
>>
Anyone have a recommendation for a phone emulator? Havent done rom hacks in years looking to catch up
>>
>>33351734
I use myboy free and it works fine unless you want to double the speed more then get the regular myboy
>>
Gaia isn't finished, but it's a favourite of mine and the story's not that bad, too.
Adventure Red is...a mess, to say the least.
>>
>>33351818
Does it support hacks or just base games
>>
Gaia is a good romhack even though the fucking nerdlord won't finish it
>>
>>33350548
>play through Brown
>PC bugs out and gives me 99 TM55's when i go past Cancel in the PC item storage
>sell them all for rare candies

in my defense the final area is a very rapid level spike
>>
>>33350664
Prism has fakemons, but only 4 of them, and i'm pretty sure after some lava cave you never even hear them mentioned again
>>
>>33351980
You can play any games if you have the rom, if not you can patch it yourself using a rom patching app it isnt hard to do
>>
File: my dick.jpg (70KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
my dick.jpg
70KB, 500x403px
>>33350548
>pokemon from later gen appears in Brown
>has amnesia in gen 1 now
>>
Are there any GBC hacks that are available on a cart?
>>
What would anyone say the essential hacks are
>>
>>33350548
I really liked Origin Platinum.

Playing Volt White right now but it's hard as all fuck and kinda imbalanced.

I liked Flora Sky too, Prism not so much.
also, Pkmn Vega has potential and I like it but the first gym is already too tough to beat. I picked the grass starter but the gym is bug-type.
>>
>brown version
>literal shit color

lel
>>
File: 1384198844828.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1384198844828.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
>>33352760
Did you just laugh at "Hah! Brown! Brown is the colour poop is!" with absolutely no prompting?
Anon that's..That's not even autism. That's something new.
>>
File: 1406462237557.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1406462237557.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>33354778
>>
>>33354796
I don't think it's even that. It's Ludicrous Tier Autism
>>
>>33354778
Regardless, Brown is a very unappealing color and I don't know why they went with it.
>>
>>33352026
Not to mention that one is practically impossible to get because of the way they handled roaming legendaries.
>>
>>33352301
Pokemon Jade and Pokemon Diamond which has like a billion other different names.
A friend of mine had a cartridge of that which had the actual Crystal rom on it as well which was pretty neat.
>>
>>33354831
Because there's no way Pokemon would take that color for a game
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.