[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"When you're a kid and get your first bike, you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: tajiri2016.png (145KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
tajiri2016.png
145KB, 250x309px
>"When you're a kid and get your first bike, you want to go somewhere you've never been before. That's like Pokémon. Everybody shares the same experience, but everybody wants to take it someplace else. And you can do that."

Well, what did he mean by this, /vp/?
>>
>>33346924
it means he should become a director again and get pokemon back to its roots
>>
>>33346931
Hear hear.
>>
>>33346931
Perfect post, anon.
>>
>>33346931
Inafucker 2.0.
>>
When did Autism-san say that?
>>
>>33346931
And what roots are those? If you're going to make vague, inspirational statements it would be pretty cool if you could back them up with examples and ideas.
>>
>>33346931
I think he's in deep creative crisis. I know what it means but I have no idea on how it makes you feel when you're in charge of something THAT BIG.
I dearly hope he recovers, he's a cool guy. But right now, maybe he's not the best choice
>>
>>33347218
not holding your hand across the entire game
a game where the story is in the backgroumd, not the focus
a game that focuses on the adventure of you, not others
a game that lets you stray from the path, and be free to explore interesting areas on your own
and a game that's fucking good
>>
>>33347235
>not holding your hand across the entire game
Fair enough.
>a game where the story is in the backgroumd, not the focus
I'm okay with story in pokemon games, it's still a thousand times more simplistic than my favourite RPGs like Tales games.
>a game that focuses on the adventure of you, not others
That will happen when pokemon regions stop being one large city and become actual regions again. Unova was the worst offender of anti-adventure.
>a game that lets you stray from the path, and be free to explore interesting areas on your own
That wasn't ever really part of the roots. Pokemon has never been an open world game, and most recent pokemon games still have the same (or better) levels of exploration and freedom that the first games did.
>and a game that's fucking good
That goes without saying, but unless Gamefreak stops dropping good ideas to keep their old games "unique" then it's never going to happen.
>>
>>33347218
Playing the game in a way that let's you roam on your own, with lot's of places to explore. Will there ever be a game that let's you battle gym leaders out of order again.
>>
>>33347277
>Will there ever be a game that let's you battle gym leaders out of order again.
Why is this such a big deal again? It's not like you could ever fight gym leaders in whatever order you wished. The only game that ever did that was G/S/C with the Kanto revisit. Does it REALLY add immersion if you can fight one gym leader before another or are you just looking for things to complain about?
>>
>>33347218
A game that isn't littered with shitty pokemon designs.
>>
>>33347290
You could do it in gen 1, 2, and 3 to an extent. Not completely out of order but you could go different routes with some leaders.
>>
>>33347273
>unova

The grid layout was lame, but the routes themselves were full of exploration. Grid layout was somewhat remedied in BW2. I'd say XY had the least out of the way areas, honestly.
>>
>>33347290
R/B/Y Koga/Blaine/Sabrina could be fought at any order.
G/S/C had Jasmine/Chuck/Pryce.
You should play the old games you know.
>>
>>33347273
>unova was the worst offender of anti-adventure
fucking please, unova had tons of secret areas
alola is where there really is no sense of adventure, you are never allowed to stray from the linear path the game sets for you
and on the off-chance that it does, you are rewarded with unfinished locations or fucking nothing
>>
>>33347273
>Pokemon has never been an open world game
While this is true, you have much more freedom in the first games. Later games must follow a story, so because of that, they are much more linear.
>>
>>33347355
I didn't remember that because it wasn't such a big deal.
>>33347368
Everything is one big circle, what adventure is there?
>>
>>33347355
Erika too for RBY
>>
Masuda moved Pokemon in the opposite direction this guy would. He'd move it into a player-driven, more open, maybe even MMO-esque direction, which if you pay attention to mainstream thought at all is what most people outside the fanbase want, and probably even in the fanbase.

It's sad that he gave up and lost passion.
>>
File: 1480282877738.png (16KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1480282877738.png
16KB, 625x626px
>>33347378
>"i-it's just one big circle!"
not falling for this shit again
>>
>>33347330
You had like, "this or this" choices, once per game. There's the serious issue you would overlever the gym leader. They should make dedicated teams for "how many badges you have" and then maybe you'd be underleveled if you just fought them one after another without following some story.

Remember this: handholding it's not aimed at us. They know "we're good". It's aimed at kids and boys/girls bad at games. The ones quitting because they couldn't get pass a cave, because they kept blacking out on zubats and geodudes. That kind of players don't come back: they're attracted by the story, because storytelling nowadays is pretty cool compared to old-gen games. But they don't know or want to get better, and if you force them, as a developer you lose their money. You can't force people to do what "you - dude from the other side" want. I'll drift a bit: remember Hillary. Lots of left-winged, liberals, feminists, BLM and even some decent people wanted to force her down our throats because "it's her turn". Not going to happen: playerbase decides. Sorry for the political reference, I love them
>>
>>33347421
>>>/pol/
>>
>>33347421
Hilary won popular point
>>
>>33347207
Time magazine interview in 1999.

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2040095,00.html
>>
>>33347421
/pol/ is waiting for you
>>
File: tiger-magpie-DSC_7317.jpg (308KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
tiger-magpie-DSC_7317.jpg
308KB, 1280x848px
>>33347378
>he doesn't know about linear-branching maps
>>
>>33346931
fpbp
>>
>>33347448
I'm over there quite frequently

>>33347436
Strawman. She won popular vote because Trump totally ignored New York, even if he's from there, and California. He played the rules: you don't care to win popular vote if you actually win by college. Still, "playerbase" won even if to experts the other choice looked the more moderated and logic one.
>>
>>33347490
>I'm over there quite frequently
We can see that.
>>
>>33347498
Who is we?
>>
>>33347501
Everyone who isn't you.
>>
>>33347501
Me and the other anons in this thread.
>>
>>33347501
Me too agree with him. This is Pokemon board.

No one cares about American poltics here to discuss it
>>
>>33347516
>>33347522
I'm not the /pol/ anon, but "we" is reddit speak.
>>
>>33347235
>not holding your hand across the entire game
This please
>a game where the story is in the backgroumd, not the focus
This wouldn't hurt, but I don't think that the story should be downgraded, just fixed.
There is no problem with a deep story as log as it doesn't overlap or interrupts the gameplay. Look at the first 2 PMD games. They have two interesting stories that don't fuck with the gameplay. The games migth not be perfect, but they manage to be very story heavy without making the story annoying. And that is the biggest problem with Gamefreak story telling, they just dump you with dialogue, to SAO cafe scenes leves of bad story dumping.
>a game that focuses on the adventure of you, not others
I don't see the problem with this. Many of my favorite books are written in a second person perspective. And is easier from a story perspective focus on a character with personality and backstory than an avatar without personality (See how they ruined FE Fates)
>a game that lets you stray from the path, and be free to explore interesting areas on your own

THIS

And the minimap is perfect for this. They can just point where you have to go, but let you the choice to explore and go to your destination at your own pace. That way, children don't get lost, and more explorer based players are not hand holded through the game

Pretty much, the mini map in SM is one of the best ideas in the Pokémon games, and SM ruined it anyways, by pointing you the location AND blocking every other path with Tauros/Stoutlands

>and a game that's fucking good

Hopefuly anon
>>
File: pancake.jpg (238KB, 816x1356px) Image search: [Google]
pancake.jpg
238KB, 816x1356px
>>33347575
Why are people like you so obsessed with reddit?
>>
>>33347575
Looks like you're the only one here who knows "reddit speak".
>>
>>33347581
>second person perspectiv
*third person perspective
my bad
>>
>>33347575
I can't believe reddit owns the word we.
>>
>>33347516
>>33347522
>>33347543
I wasn't >>33347501 but i'd like to thank him, since i guess i'm not alone
>>
>>33347627
It's not the word, it's the meaning of it, the collectivist "we as a community" circlejerky mindset that is a very apparent in all facets of reddit. It's not just me, people in 4chan in general don't take too kindly when you try to speak for them. I'm not sure if you are new but you''d notice it sooner or later.

But I'll stop derailing.
>>
File: IMG_8139.jpg (133KB, 1080x1372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8139.jpg
133KB, 1080x1372px
Is this taking it somehwere new?
>>
>>33346931
Pokemon never left them though.

>>33347235
Only the fourth one could be remotely considered the "root", the rest is personal bias.
>>
File: adventure_with_Pokémon.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
adventure_with_Pokémon.png
6KB, 240x160px
>>33346924
Pokèmon adventure.
>>
>>33346924
He meant that exploring Kanto wasn't supposed to be linear, but since the GameBoy hardware was so limited he had no choice but to do so.
>>
>>33347810
But Kanto was the least linear main game ever.
>>
>>33347826
Bruh the fuck you talking about
>>
>>33347826
>replying before reading
>>
>>33346931
>game that barely change in 20 years
>return it to its roots
wew
>>
>>33347756
>>33347949
oh boy here comes the contrarians
>>
>>33347959
You must be a delight in person
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.