[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How successful would a Pokemon anime targeted at a more mature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: DeletedsceneEP099.png (450KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DeletedsceneEP099.png
450KB, 640x480px
How successful would a Pokemon anime targeted at a more mature audience be?

I seem to recall the first half-a-season or so being more willing to step out of diapers, but I didn't watch much.
>>
>>33338294
Id watch the shit out of it, Idk why they havent yet
>>
File: image.jpg (168KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168KB, 1000x563px
This is as good as it's gonna get.
>>
>>33338496
Damn man, I think pokemon has so much potential but the child friendlynessis killing it
>>
>>33338294
/vp/ would love it
rest of the world probably wouldn't and it would fail
>>
>>33338496
I really wish they'd done something like this for each gen. I like gen 1 as much as the next guy, but I've grown tired of all the push its gotten.
>>
The old anime had more adult-themed stuff by WESTERN standards, but it was nothing out of the ordinary for the Japanese.

Pokémon becoming a colossal global phenomenon forced them to water down the anime and make it safe and homogenized for all their big western markets. Ironically the western releases still get cut up and edited to shit anyway, but they don't have to make such giant cuts and censorship edits as they used to.
>>
>>33338508
I think its mostly because Gen 1 is the easist to work with, so much isnt set in stone like later gens
>>
>>33338513
gen 1 was little bit more mature here and there but its literally the same thing

>>33338294
what I said above, it was only a few glimpses here and there and the transition it has done to be more safe was more in life with media in general "going soft" (less cleavage, bikinis, actual guns, clear references to death etc.)

but the pokemon anime is still garbage, the only good parts are the songs from gen 1 for 90's nostalgia and XY(and Z's) battles

>>33338496
this and the Alain specials
>>
>>33338294
Mommy anon wants milky!
>>
>>33338294
No, it Will be cringe
>>
>>33338294
It shouldn't be adult oriented, nor too kiddy. The right approach is a bit even tone. I think the first 3 movies, Black White, Sun Moon and XY (the anime not the games, those were baby as shit) all did a pretty good job of not seeping too hard in one direction.

Generations, and Origins tried a bit too hard to be taken seriously, and anime seasons like Advanced, the XY games and Best Wishes were way too kiddy.
>>
>>33338294
Pokémon core concept is shit and kiddy, I prefer watch Digimon and yokai watch because is in the real world, the new yw movie look mature
>>
>>33338801
Make that "the first 5 movies" and I agree.
>>
Generations episode 3 has cringey dialogue. Is the rest of the series going to be like this?
>>
>>33338502
Its a franchise for kids so no.

>>33338294
Mildly sucesful, but you're not doing any good in asking for this. Ashfags then will start to argue that the problem reasonable people have its the ashnime being childish and not it being shit.

>>33338504
Other way around though. /vp/ hates any sort of story when some sort of event goes on and already has issues understanding material for kids. How can you like something you don't understand?
>>
are you saying 'mature' a in 'boobs and gore' or 'mature' as in 'deep and psychological'?
the first would fade into oblivion as people would watch it for the 'plot' instead of the plot andit will be another fanservice anime #453, and will be forgotten when the next new hit comes.
the second would be praised for being deep but no one would bother watching it cause those kinda things aren't fun.

being kid friendly is the way to go.
>>
>>33339800
well, those are in case of extremes. if it will only a bit mind, only a bit more actual violance and bit more thought and insight- no, forget the psychological part. some fanservice is in order, but not as much to shadow the story true purpises- being the very best like no one ever was, and catching them all.
>>
>>33338398
Have you read the PokeSpecials? I know the artstyle is very kiddy but that aside, the violence was pretty neat. I just want a show with that aspect, the animation we have on the current/past shows were decent.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (6KB, 200x149px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
6KB, 200x149px
>>33338294
>Hahaha dude, SEX JOKES!, thats all the appeal
It would be FamilyGuy tier of lame
>>
File: image.jpg (231KB, 750x715px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231KB, 750x715px
>>
>>33338294
Good.
>>
>>33338508
Gen 1 is pushed for an important marketing reason. When you have 700 monsters, you need a core set of them that are universally recognizable. Since the Kanto Pokemon were around form the beginning, they take that role. Gamefreak takes every opportunity to make sure that every generation of Pokemon fan knows those Pokemon in some regard. They don't really expect kids to be familiar with, for example, every gen 5 Pokemon.
>>
>>33338294
>what is generations
>>
>>33338294
would be cool. it's gonna be closer to the SMT and Yu-Gi-Oh franchise then

but jesus christ, it would be morally corrupt as all fuck.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.