[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes to the few Pokemon who are explicitly stated as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

When it comes to the few Pokemon who are explicitly stated as being as smart or smarter than humans, isn't keeping them in Pokeballs basically kidnapping and slavery?
>>
>>33335542
No1 forces you to keep them in balls. Its just a game mechanic. Besides i don't see a correlation between intellect and slavery. Its ok to do it if they are stupid, is that it?
>>
>>33335898
I mean we keep dogs n shit around
>>
>>33335898
Is keeping a cat in your house for their whole life the same as keeping a person in your house for their whole life?
>>
>>33335918
Yes
>>
>>33335918
Only if neither expresses a desire to leave.
>>
>>33335542
Pokemon love to battle. Its instinct. Also if I were an incredibly intelligent wild animal Id prefer getting free food and shelter in exchange for my battling service.
>>
>>33335925
>>33335927
No, the correct answer is no.
>>
>>33335908
Dogs are domestic creatures that cannot survive without humans. They will die very quickly in the wild, most likely eaten by wild animals.

Pokemon are make believe creatures with contradictory backstories that are kept in pokeballs mostly for transportation purposes and are implied to be able to escape them at will, to not be under any stress while confined and to be entirely willing to travel alongside you like this.
>>
>>33335966
Feral dog populations are incredibly successful and often outcompete local predators
>>
>>33335986
Yep

Dogs only stay with us either by choice or force
>>
>>33335993
Generally, humans are very kind to dogs, so they do like staying around
>>
>>33336020
Exactly, but no one likes to talk about the abused ones. Theyd run in a heartbeat if they could
>>
>>33336023
I'm not so sure, dogs can be loyal to a fault
An abused dog may still see itself as part of the family structure
>>
>>33335986
Don't feral dogs still tend to stay close to human settlements? They still differ in some basic ways from truly wild canids like wolves. The reliance on humans, even indirect, is still there.
>>
>>33336117
Yes that's true but that is an adaptation rather than a lack of one.
If humans disappeared, I believe feral dog populations would spread and speciate. But who really knows?
>>
>>33336023
No bueno, famalam. You no comprende dogos.
>>
>>33335542
Congrats with discovering society's biggest flaw, comrade.
>>
>>33336067
It's like with wolves. In a pack there is usually an 'omega', literally being inferior and treated poorly and what not, yet it still finds its role worth having in the group.
>>
If they don't wanna go with you, they won't stay in the Poke Balls.

Unless you use a Master Ball. You sick fuck.
>>
> /vp/ discussing the nature of dogs

Civil discussion

> /vp/ discussing Pokémon

RRRREEEEEEEEEEEE

Why can't you dicks be like this all the time? It's like watching siblings who are always fighting miraculously get along for a change
>>
Yeah let's just leave the creatures of massive destruction free
>>33336839
>He wants civil discussion
Get a load of this fag
>>
>>33336839
This happened before when I started talking to some kind anons in a dinosaur thread here

There is far less shitposting when the topic is only tangentially related to the board, because there are less memes and shit
>>
>>33336536
>In a pack there is usually an 'omega'
Wasn't that recently debunked as humans applying human hierarchy to wolves in the wild? IIRC most gray wolf packs are families comprised of mother, father and pups, where parents are the 'alphas' and pups argue amongst themselves. It was also stated that dominant and submissive behavior usually arose in unrelated wolves forced together in captivity but rarely in other circumstances.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.