[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when USUM render these games obselete, will you finally admit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

File: smboxart.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
smboxart.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
So when USUM render these games obselete, will you finally admit that they're the worst Pokemon games?
>>
no because x and y still exist
>>
I already did before anyone knew anything about USM.
>>
I think I still preferred them over gen 5 and xy
But usum look pretty good to me
>>
>>33335208
XY are fun games with a good dex and a good interactive menu.
>>
>>33335199
USUM ruined the best health bar in history. SM will never be obsolete.
>>
>>33335227
I thought the dex was way too big
How are you supposed to retain game design with so many pokemon available?
>>
>>33335229
Faggot.
>>
Do you guys not get tired making the same goddamn thread every day?
>>
>>33335238
Hey, please be kind
that's a perfectly valid opinion, I thought it was stylish
>>
>>33335199
Still diamond and pearl.
>>
>>33335208
X and Y's story was shit compared to Sun and Moon, but then things like the Dex, online and PSS made it it better. Plus back then the 3D models were "new" and more fun. Seeing them again and again, exactly the same way without any type of texture change or even new animations is pretty shoddy. And even the region of Alola, despite having a bigger "postgame" gets old and more obnoxious than the blandness of Kalos. X and Y lacked most of the good stuff from Gen V but still was a step in the right direction. Sun and Moon was supposed to expand on it and move it further but it just feels like it just picked and choosed some features to improve but some to remove altogether. It's pretty retarded really, game series are supposed to grow and build upon its earlier entries but instead GF just does shit without caring because they know it'll sell. Sun and Moon just feels like X and Y's missing other half and that's it. Maybe the Switch games will be good again but with their confidence, I doubt it.
>>
>>33335199
Diamond and Pearl still exist, as well as XY. Even then, SM still aren't even close to the worst games.
>>
>>33335199
Still DiaPer
>>
>>33335247
Faggot.
>>
>>33335199
probably never because usm will probably worse cause they add new features no one wants
>>
>>33335237
A big dex is never bad. I'd rather have all Pokémon available in the same game than having to do some transferring bullshit.
>>
>>33335199
Gen 3 exists, so no.
>>
>>33335562
I disagree, I think regional dexes should be carefully considered and designed so that gyms or trials or whatever are properly challenging
this really wasn't the case in xy, the entire game was too easy to plow through with a very powerful team without any searching for rare pokemon

I think a complete national dex is fine and probably best case scenario, but I think regional dexes should be designed
>>
>>33335199
RS, DP, XY, and ORAS exists so no
>>
>>33335208
this, XY will always be worse than SM
>>
File: you.jpg (15KB, 234x230px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
15KB, 234x230px
>>33335668
>>
>>33335208
XY had better online at the very least
>>
>>33335199
Nah, 2nd best maybe. I was born without ADHD, you see.
>>
>>33335795
The story also did not slap it's disease-ridden cock in your face at every single corner unlike SM.
>>
>>33335199
DP still exist
>>
>>33335199
No. The entire first generation exists.
>>
>>33335199

>Hyper train IVs don't get passed down

yep, pretty much speaks for itself
>>
>>33336052
I mean, that's unfortunate, but having it as an option is no way a negative
>>
>>33335199
Of course not
BW already happened.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
Pokémon X and Y vs Pokémon Sun and Moon:

>XY
Pros:
- PSS was a very good online function that automatically connects you to more than 100 people.
- Pokémon Amie not only allows you to pet you Pokémon, but it also has 3 minigames to play with your team.
- Super Training, in conjuction with Pokémon Amie's minigames, are XY's minigames. And it also allows you to see the EVs. If you what to see the exact numbers you need a Reset Bag that shows it.
- If you want to take a rest from battles there's also the Trainer PR Videos, which allows you to create 10 seconds long videos.
- Customization includes formal and juvenile clothings.
- Is the best game to EV train thanks to Horde Battle.
- With +450 Pokémon in the region and both Poké Radar and Consecutive Fishing, is the best game to get shinies.
- Roller Skaters are a nice addition to the game.

Cons:
- BW started the Genwun pandering but XY increased it even more.
- Some Mega Stones are version exclusive for no reason.
- Horde Battles don't occur if it's raining in that route because Honeys and Sweet Scent can't be used. (it was fixed in ORAS to always occur).
- Rivals are the worst to the date: a girl that appears every 10 steps to give you items that she's also the love interest/BFF, a fatass that wants to create a dance-based team, a guy that wants to complete tge Pokédex and always compares his and your Pokédex to see who has registered more Pokémon (and you always win even if you has 1 Pokémon registered), and a rival that wants to defeat you and always ends crying after you defeat him/her.
- Team Flare is the worst to the date with only purpose is awake the Cover Legendary like every other team, even the Grunt Battle Theme is bad.
- The Champion is the easiest to the date because only good Pokémon is her Mega.
>>
>>33335290
At least XY's story wasn't overly intrusive. It was still your adventure as the player.
Unlike in SM, where the focus isn't on your adventure, but rather Lillie's and her family problems. And it is fucking intrusive beyond belief.
>>
>>33335199
Gen4>gen7>gen5>gen2>gen1>gen3>gen6
>>
>>33336210
Where did BW start the Genwun pandering? other than some lines being an alternate interpretation of the Kanto dex (Grimer / Trubbish), BW had old Pokemon locked out until you got the national dex at the end.
If anything, the backlash of BW's regional dex is why we even have Genwun pandering shit today because people bitched about not having Abra or Gastly for the 5th fucking time on their team.
>>
>>33335199
>>33335208
DP is the worst, though.
>>
>>33335807
Yea, but your """"friends"""" would stop you every 5 seconds.
>>
>>33335247
Not him, but that's such a superficial and menial reason to dislike a game
>>
>>33336210
>SM
Pros:
- Poké Ride is a great replacement of HMs.
- Z-Moves are a nice item to power-up weak coverage moves to acceptable levels.
- Despite knowing that the Aether Foundation were the bad guys since the beginning, it is still something impressive.

Cons:
- Festival Plaza is a worse PSS that forces you to go to a different place unlike PSS and is a worse copy of Join Avenue.
- Pokémon Refresh retained the petting function, but it also introduced curing Status Effects after every battle, making the games easier and also making the items created for that purpose useless (that function is optional but still)
- Although you can still seeing the EVs, there's no way to see the numbers unlike Super Training.
- Poké Finder, Sun and Moon's minigame, forces you to grind a lot to get the Stamp (1,500,000 points/likes when highest what you can get is 10,000 per picture)
- Customization is restricted to tourist clothing.
- Alola has 300 Pokémon, almost all being shitmons.
- In conjuction with RGBY, they are the hardest games to grind, with only that place in Hau'Oli Mall (once a day), Morimoto from Game Freak (once a day), and the Elite Four. Also Exp. Gaining is the same from BW, and Day Care no longer increases Exp. Points because it now became for Breedibg Purposes only.
>>
>>33335199
DP still exist anon..
>>
>>33336268
Gen 5's Genwun Panderings:
- Ash having again to get all Region's starters.
- No old Pokémon available until Ppst-game to add a "whole new feeling".
- Two Gym Leaders becomes Ash's companions in the region.
- Most Gen 5 Pokémon are copies of Gen 1 Pokémon (Machop or Timburr, Geodude or Roggenrola, Zubat or Woobat, Caterpie or Sewaddle, Tympole or Poliwag, Abra or Gothita/Solosis, etc.)
>>
>>33336278
DP, XY, and SM can all share the shitheap together.
>>
>>33336347
>Ash gets all Gen 5 starters
>Gen 1 pandering
>I can't even
>>
>>33336210
>even the Grunt Battle Theme is bad.
no

>>33336294
The game does kinda throw status moves more often at you though, and random trainers aren't all weak. And as you said with the shitmons being shitmons they need to get treated more often since the game is somewhat more difficult despite all.

Also the restaurant in Hau'Oli is infinite if you quit before the last match.
>>
>>33336347
I'd argue that Caterpie and Sewaddle aren't really clones. Their evolution lines differ too much.
>>
>>33335199
Na bw and bw2 exist. Least time invested in those. Even counted together they are still less playtime than sun moon.
Only good thing coming from bw2 was champion iris i love her and her theme.
>>
>>33336422
Reason being they are literally a gen 1 copy pasta mixed with stereotypical american world look.
Games with a american looking world aren't exactly rare or special due to being overdone.
>>
>>33335199
Honestly, I argue they are the best first Pokemon games to a generation we've had only potentially clashing with Gold and Silver. Let's face it, RS, DP, BW are kinda of bottom barrel Pokemon games in comparison to their third versions.
>>
>>33335199
They aren't, but I will be able to say they aren't really worth playing any more, just like every game that gets a third version
>>
>>33335208

all > XY > shit > ORAS > USM > SM (projected)

SM are barely even games. Just a boring, interactive bad anime movie.
>>
Not being literally broken and having reasonable to get into multiplayer probably objectively puts them over some other entries on the scale. Still by far my least favorite, though.
>>
It took me 2 months to finish game I stopped at Lana trial because of how boring it was

Not just the worst Pokemon game but one of the worst Pokemon games I ever played
>>
>>33336581
I've played every Pokemon game besides OR ASS and SM a thousand times. However, I never finished either of those because they were too fucking shitty. Will not be buying any more games for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>33335208
XY are the best 3ds pokemon games.
Yeah, played today they seems even more shitty, but if you played then in autumn 2013 when they got realesed...
They were much more enjoyable then.
SM otherwise was shit from the get go.
>>
>>33335199
i will always love sm
>>
>>33336698
Also you have to contextualize.
XY were their first 3DS games, if you take this into account, they are even pretty decent afterall, and had a better and funnier online (earlier).
SM on the other hands got no excuses. They were not even the first Ohmori's games.
>>
>>33336717
They spent too much time with engine, proportions of characters, no grid. Mega evolutions were way cooler than z moves too
>>
>>33336347
You have to be pretty stupid to consider the first three points as gen 1 pandering.
>>
>>33335208
XY weren't very good but SM were just so fucking boring
>>
>>33335208
XY were pretty solid until you get your Mega Ring, then the game takes a nosedive. SM were just shit throughout.
>>
>>33335208
This.
Also, RS.
>>
X and y is better

Music better, atmosphere better. I put over 200 hours into it

I had to force myself to beat sun and moon it was that bad. My run time only 28 hours
>>
>>33335199
The worst games are and always will be any that take place in Hoenn or Sinnoh.
>>
File: IMG_1218.gif (179KB, 241x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1218.gif
179KB, 241x210px
>>33335208

First post best post
>>
>National Dex and PSS "saving" X and Y

Irrelevant because we don't play Gen 6 Meta and you stilll had to get Pokémon from Bank
>>
>>33335795
Battle spot is shit, same in every games no matters if one have PSS and the other FESTIPLAZA
>>
>>33335199
yea, I actually don't dislike any pokemon games, i usually enjoy all of them. The weakest in the series so far to me, someone who hasn't disliked a single pokemon game, is X/Y but when USUM comes out i recon regular SM will become obsolete so i could consider it the worst one if only because there's an objectively better option
>>
GF has been on a rollercoaster of quality in the 3ds games.
X and Y's online is very solid and has plenty of battle modes but it's story mode is a chore and exploring the region is a headache.

Sun and Moon's Story is pretty good (nothing amazing but still good) I found the characters charming and entertaining so the linearity wasn't as noticeable.. or obnoxious I guess (except for that one trainer and his stupid dog)
but it's online was horrendously managed and had a lot of shoddy design ideas.

so basically

gen 6: OK love the online battling but wouldn't play the game itself again

gen 7: OK but the online sucks but the story was enjoyable imo
>>
and ORAS was ok if a little too easy.
but the aftergame content is good.
the ''battle frontier project'' thing was the biggest middle finger given by GF and I'd prefer if it wasn't mentioned at all (durr hurr SMERTPHOENS) fuck you masuda
>>
>>33336291
The health bar was a good sign that GF was willing to make unique and risky design decisions. I didn't expect it to be carried over into future released but I didn't expect them to go back to dull and safe health bars. You could hate SM all you want but it was a game that took a lot of risks and in my opinion succeeds in at least making the game feel unique.

The Pokemon main game formula is pretty well established. I know some people want the same game every year but I rather have a unique experience every year. GF has made enough games that I'm not tired of yet. What I want every year is a refreshing take on the Pokemon formula.

The health bar might seem menial but it says a lot about the games and GF.
>>
>>33335795
In which in about ten years will become obsolete like gen 4 and 5
>>
>>33339362
This. Even though I thought X/Y and Oras were pretty meh, and Sun and Moon was lacking in certain areas, I still enjoyed my time with them. Helps that I'm a competitivefag
>>
SM had Ribombee so its automatically the best or atleast in the top tier
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.