[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently got into the Pokemon TCG with my gf. It's reignited

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (229KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
229KB, 1280x720px
Recently got into the Pokemon TCG with my gf. It's reignited my interest in Pokemon since I'm burned out on the games. We have been buying the theme decks so that the game is pick up and play and we've bought a few booster packs.

What should I know /vp/?
>>
>>33332986
Ex/Gx's are busted. Use as many as you can in your deck.
>>
>>33333016
Are they officially allowed to be mixed into non EX decks? Are they intended to be mixed into decks?
>>
>>33332986
Theme decks are pretty trash. They are a poor representation of good deck construction.
>>
>>33333050
Ex and GX can be run in the same deck.
>>
>>33332986
Stop buying booster packs and theme decks and such and just buy card singles that you need. Much cheaper and you'll get a better deck in the end.
>>
>>33333050
Oh, you poor thing. You don't know the game at all, do you? Don't buy structure decks, buy singles of the best cards offline and make a good deck, packs and structure decks are a big waste.

...That is, if you want to go into competitive. If you like collecting, packs are really fun and the artwork is pretty as fuck. That's also equally acceptable, pack opening is fun and so is collecting. Have fun either way, anon!
>>
File: IMG_6354.png (535KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6354.png
535KB, 700x990px
If you're looking to get into competitive:

1. Don't bother with the ORAS sets and prior. They won't be usable in standard tournaments very soon.
2. Buying singles is always the best way to build a deck.
3. If you're going to buy packs, shoot for Guardians Rising. It has a lot of cards that are good in most every deck.
4. Decks are usually 35 trainer cards, 15 Pokemon, and 10 energy. Sometimes fewer items for more Pokemon, but you don't need too much energy.

Big decks right now:
1. Gardevoir GX featuring Diancie
2. Metagross GX featuring Necrozma GX
3. Volcanion EX featuring Ho-oh GX and Turtonator GX
4. Greninja BREAK
5. Garbodor with Drampa GX, Espeon GX, or both
6. Darkrai GX
7. Tapu Bulu GX featuring Vikavolt
8. Tapu Koko GX (sometimes with Marshadow GX)
9. Golisopod GX

Other decks people are trying and "meme decks":
1. Alolan Muk GX with Salazzle
2. Tapu Koko with Weavile and Necrozma GX
3. Typhlosion
4. Umbreon GX
5. Alolan Ninetales GX
6. Lapras GX
>>
>>33332986
If you enjoy collecting and getting something rare from a booster pack save up and buy a booster box. they're a lot cheaper than buying booster packs individually
>>
>>33332986
Nice!
I used to play with my gf too.
Sadly she's not someone that likes losing, and I'm a moron who loves to laugh at the opponent.
She threw the cards at me once.
>>
>>33332986
Buy single cards if you ever intend to build a "real" deck.

Watch Worlds stream which is starting in a few minutes to get a sneak peek of the current meta.
>>
>>33333343
So close...>>33333333
>>
>>33333643
>10 off
>close
>>
>OP want's to have some casual TCG fun with his girlfriend
>Thread tries to teach him how to min/max for a competitive tourney
>>
>>33333016
But they do have the prize card drawback
>>
>>33333112
I'm think I'm in the latter group. We love the art and don't need the most competitive decks. It is expensive though! There are some individual cards that I've been looking at that I may get eventually
>>
>>33333343
Very informative! I'll look for Guardians Rising next time. My main deck is 21 energy, 22 pokes and 17 trainers and it hasn't been beaten yet. Is that a common or acceptable ratio?
>>
>>33333596
That's the main thing we have bought but we will only get that from now on
>>
>>33333625
Our roles are almost the reverse of that haha
>>
Bumps
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.