[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes to folowing Pokemon. Look at it that way You moved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: following.jpg (124KB, 1093x491px) Image search: [Google]
following.jpg
124KB, 1093x491px
When it comes to folowing Pokemon. Look at it that way

You moved in to Alola region
You're asked to go and get your starter Pokemon
When you step outside you're seeing a Wingull flying around
On the way to the meeting place you see a trainer on the route, playing with his Rockruff. The Pokemon is happily greeting you when you walk by. This is clearly very early game because of the gates blocking the way to route 3.
This is all just to show you how beautiful and lively Pokemon world is

Thats all there is to it, no following Pokemon
>>
>>33331691
I wonder if it'll be a situation like PokéPelago, where if you interact with these mons every day for 3 days they'll join your team. It'll also be similar to DexNav in that they'll be more likely to have hidden moves, abilities etc.
Would make Rockruff more accessible at the start of the game, for example.
>>
>>33331700
No, they're just overworld mons, just like some were in SM
>>
>>33331691
Of course the Rockruff is just some NPC's pet that chases you a bit for atmosphere. Anyone who thought otherwise is just an over thinking autist.
>>
>>33331810
>Anyone who thought otherwise is just an over thinking autist.

Sadly its a lot of people
>>
>>33331810
The evidence is pointing towards following Pokemon. Literally the only reason not to think this is pessimism, which is understandable because I know GF have cut a lot of corners recently. But look at it like this:
We already know the animations exist.
We literally see a rockruff following the trainers footsteps, not just running in a circle, actively following the trainer, meaning they went out of their way to create a new algorithm for pathfinding in 3D movement. Seems more effort than needed for one NPC interaction.
Above anything else, this is put in with a trailer that focuses on new gameplay - returning characters with larger roles, new areas, new story etc. They chose every video clip specifically to show something off, would they really show a random NPC interaction that has no impact on the game?
>>
>>33332774
the same reason they showed the alolan exeggcutors dancing around, to show that the pokemon world is lively. Tell me, why do we see no other pokemon following the trainer in the trailer?

Also, try rewatching the part of the trailer with rockruff, it certainly looks like the player is running past it while it tries to follow you, since it's already above the player and not behind it though he's running to the right of the screen.

I think if there will be following pokemon, that they would have showed it way clearer, especially if they really put in all that work.
>>
File: 1495864093254.jpg (11KB, 137x189px) Image search: [Google]
1495864093254.jpg
11KB, 137x189px
>>33332774
>>>33331810
>The evidence is pointing towards following Pokemon.
>>
>>33332774
Call me a pessimist then, but until something is actually confirmed, I refuse to assume it's in.
>>
File: 1432917304578.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1432917304578.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
>>33332774
>>
>>33333209
Fair enough, I won't say it's certain by any stretch, but I'm kind of cautiously optimistic. To be honest, I'm not all too bothered about the mechanic but it would be nice for all those people who have begged for it endlessly every game since HGSS.
>>33332932 I see your point on the Exeggutor thing, but I saw that as more of a visual upgrade to Exeggutor Island thing, but I'm perfectly willing to admit that that's optimistic thinking.
>>
>>33333594
well that's because it is a visual upgrade, but not just only of exeggutor island, the whole game probably got this kind of upgrade, like the interacting rockruff for example
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.